Character Discussion Will Katakuri Be Much Stronger the Next Time We See Him?

How strong will be EoS Katakuri?

• Total voters
What I mean is, will Oda be making him stronger than he was before and is there any point to it? I personally feel like as a proud person, Katakuri will train to become stronger and is probably doing so at the moment because of his first loss.

I can honestly see Oda giving him Adv CoC at some point and making him about as strong as current Luffy. He felt like a rival and a fighter that Luffy really acknowledged even more than the likes of Kidd. His powers being similar to Luffy is a big hint too imo. What do you guys think?

What I mean is, will Oda be making him stronger than he was before and is there any point to it? I personally feel like as a proud person, Katakuri will train to become stronger and is probably doing so at the moment because of his first loss.

I can honestly see Oda giving him Adv CoC at some point and making him about as strong as current Luffy. He felt like a rival and a fighter that Luffy really acknowledged even more than the likes of Kidd. His powers being similar to Luffy is a big hint too imo. What do you guys think?

Imagine Luffy sitting there in EoS and instead of just Katakuri theres also Yamato, Law, Shanks, Kaidou, BB, Imu and all his rivals in reunion of legends lol

I think that Oda has been very consistent in spurning every opportunity to build a credible rival for Luffy. Punk Hazard seems - at least in retrospect - precision engineered to dismantle the notion that Smoker or Tashigi could have any true relevance as oppositional forces to Luffy or Zoro moving forward. Law has been fortunate enough to receive somewhat favourable portrayal, but it has come at the cost of him becoming a mere Straw Hat adjunct. By contrast, Kid has been wholly underwhelming despite ample opportunity, and though there are an optimistic few who retain hope that he will amount to something, he nevertheless remains to this date a vapidly bleating boaster with a cavalcade of failures trailing in his wake.

Of all post-skip characters to oppose Luffy, Katakuri has received the most respectful treatment, but Oda clearly wishes Luffy to be utterly peerless, and I rather doubt he will change that policy for the benefit of a near fifty year old.

So, I think Katakuri will be stronger, perhaps even significantly so, but he will never again approach Luffy in power or accomplishment.