Speculations Will Oda make Imu disguise himself as a new side character to build-up the plot twist?

Will this build-up and plot twist happen?

• Yes, Imu's reveal will be a plot twist (reintroduction of a previously-known side character)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No, Imu's reveal will not be a plot twist

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No, Imu's reveal will be another kind of plot twist

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Will there be a new side character with somewhat a nice personality, a few times appearing in certain places and talk with Luffy and his friends before going away, and appearing in multiple story arcs at important moments but somehow his personality or face never stood out---

( just like how Blackbeard was introduced at Logue Town...)

--and then right before the final battle, he appears and changes form into his actual appearance, Gorosei kneel to him making the entire world shocked, and finally that person introduces himself as Imu? Will Oda make this build-up and twist?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Will there be a new side character with somewhat a nice personality, a few times appearing in certain places and talk with Luffy and his friends before going away, and appearing in multiple story arcs at important moments but somehow his personality or face never stood out---

( just like how Blackbeard was introduced at Logue Town...)

--and then right before the final battle, he appears and changes form into his actual appearance, Gorosei kneel to him making the entire world shocked, and finally that person introduces himself as Imu? Will Oda make this build-up and twist?
I don't think he will play with Imu's character too much aside from his backstory and etc. But I thought of another possibility.

What if canon Uta will be raised among the Figarlands in the Mariejois?

That's Obito
Doubt OP will ever have a char like that tbh, Blackbeard being nice guy was shut down like 3 chapters after his introduction
If it's anything like Obito we will get an extended flashback out of nowhere about some Umi character who has the same eyes as Imu and some connection to the Nerona family.

I wonder if Oda could make it even more predictable than Kishimoto.

That's Obito
Doubt OP will ever have a char like that tbh, Blackbeard being nice guy was shut down like 3 chapters after his introduction
I mean Obito but with better storytelling execution, no forced emotional scenes or flashbacks with intricate but pointless details, forced conflict just for the sake of being long, dragging and redundant pacing with inappropriate solution. Imu can be the right version of Obito (character reintroduction) + Kaguya (final boss character with god powerlevel).

Lol sorry if you like Naruto, don't mean to slander.:josad:

Iirc correct Joyboy wasnt a member of the D clan so Imu could be his brother/relative and Joyboy betrayed him & the other kings to help the D clan.

Its hard anyway to predict any plot twist regarding Imu at this point.

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
So basically be suspicious of any character we meet from now on where we can’t see their eyes.

My god, Vergo is Imu. Those sunglasses were hiding some dark secrets.

It‘s a cool theory, just not sure Oda will go through with it. I’m not sure what we have of Imu‘s character so far suggests they could pull off any incognito activity. Likely start shrieking with rage the first time someone doesn’t bow to them.

So basically be suspicious of any character we meet from now on where we can’t see their eyes.

My god, Vergo is Imu. Those sunglasses were hiding some dark secrets.

It‘s a cool theory, just not sure Oda will go through with it. I’m not sure what we have of Imu‘s character so far suggests they could pull off any incognito activity. Likely start shrieking with rage the first time someone doesn’t bow to them.
Fujitora :snoopy: