Questions & Mysteries Will SHC get a Kozuki family or retainer as a crew mate ?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
It's a strange situation.

Oda has devoted a huge amount of time to the Wano plot. And given how involved that plot seems to be with the main mystery running through the series- Will of D/Void Century- I can see a situation where a Wano character feels the need to go to Laugh Tale, like Oden did, and see how Luffy will change the world.

On the other hand, Oden's dream is to open the borders of Wano, and it seems that'll be accomplished by the end of the arc. We could see a roadblock come up later that gives us a situation where truly opening Wano's borders will require going to Laugh Tale, but that situation doesn't exist yet. And might never. In that case, you'd have to ask, why would a Wano related character actually need to be on the crew?

There's also Zoro. He doesn't really seem to give a shit right now, but Oda has implied that he'll be touching more on his backstory with Wano later on. He could then be the one to sort of take up the Kozuki plot after Wano- he's already got Oden's sword.

If I'd to take a side, despite arguing for Kin in the past, I'd say no. I don't think we're getting a Wano Strawhat. Or any new Strawhat at this rate. I'll give Yamato a couple of chapters to see his motivations, but I think that Wano-descended immigrant Zoro taking up Oden's sword is the most Wano representation the Strawhats will get.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I’ve long stumped for Kin’emon to sail with the crew. Would also be fine with him staying in Wano to be a good husband to O-Tsuru, he deserves a peaceful life after whatever happens with Kaido...but he’s been around the SHP long enough that he’d be a fine addition to the crew.

The upcoming chapter makes me think that Yamato is gonna ask to join the crew, though, so that’ll probably be the closest we get to a Kozuki-adjacent SHP.

I’ve long stumped for Kin’emon to sail with the crew. Would also be fine with him staying in Wano to be a good husband to O-Tsuru, he deserves a peaceful life after whatever happens with Kaido...but he’s been around the SHP long enough that he’d be a fine addition to the crew.

The upcoming chapter makes me think that Yamato is gonna ask to join the crew, though, so that’ll probably be the closest we get to a Kozuki-adjacent SHP.
Yes I think Yamato is next best choice. More tits

There is no need. The whole reason Oda had Oden go on a Grand Adventure in the first place was to open his eyes to the World, and learn the True History of the World, in order to change his mindset and make it so he wanted to open the borders of Wano. Another resident of Wano doesn't need to make it to Laugh Tale anymore.

Also we've got Zoro, and if he's revealed to be a descendant of someone from Wano, then he fills that role regardless.

There is no need. The whole reason Oda had Oden go on a Grand Adventure in the first place was to open his eyes to the World, and learn the True History of the World, in order to change his mindset and make it so he wanted to open the borders of Wano. Another resident of Wano doesn't need to make it to Laugh Tale anymore.
I agree. Oden had already learned and achieved it and the successor does not need to repeat it because the successors do what the predecessor could not achieve. All Oden could not do was open the borders of wano. Everything that Oden had achieved in his diary in his life does not need to be repeated by the successor, but to achieve what Oden could not achieve in the end.

doubt he makes it through the war with all his death flags

doubt he makes it through the war with all his death flags
Same thing was said about Jinbei and WCI, yet here we are.

Only reason I could see Kinemon potentially being a SHP is the fact that Oda loves to do things in threes. In the crew we have a Santoryu using Swordsman, and a Ittoryu using Swordsman, but not a Nitoryu using Swordsman. Kinemon could potentially fill that gap.

Yes. Someone from wano (retainers/kozuki) should join. There's some mysteries about kozuki clan (maybe more than alabasta/ryugu kingdom) in the past that connected to the void century and one piece.

Plus we get 2 kozuki in this arc (momo and hiyori). One of them should join the crew (at least) to raftel