Versus Battle WorstGen’s Second Annual (???) Great General’s Tournament: Winner’s Bracket, Round 6

Who wins and why?

• Total voters
Moubu is clearly supposed to be overwhelmingly stronger than Oukotsu at this point lol

He defeated the man who not only defeated Oukotsu in an overwhelming fashion, but one shotted him. What's more, Oukotsu never was hyped up as being strong enough to defy tactics with raw strength.

The Duke managing to break the arm of Houken in a suicidal desperate tactic isn't an anti-feat for Houken.

Ouki can beat Houken despite the massive skill and strength difference, but I don't see why Oukotsu should get the same benefit because of his lack of showings.

I always thought that out of the old Qin 6, Ouki is the sole one who would triumph over Houken in a duel
-I think this is just gonna turn into being about the credibility of that scene, I'll ask for context of that scene, you won't have it since the series doesn't give it. Thus you'll run based on the assumption Kanmei 1-shot a fully healthy peaked Oukotsu, while I'll run with there's missing context that'll be revealed later which is why Hara didn't bother going into Oukotsu as a character yet outside of a flashback panel in a non-Qin character's flashback.
And Oukotsu in general hasn't had any hype, so I don't see any reason to do a hype comparison between the two. When the only thing we really have is he seems to be the Moubu of his generation. And if that's the case he'd be relatively close to Ouki and should have S-tier exp atleast. Even a 96 strength stat level is enough for him to clear Houken for me.

- I didn't mention any anti-feat, I simply mentioned that he lost his arm to Duke that you claimed he overwhelmingly beat... and yes when characters are about to die they attempt suicidal tactics, that's sort of how it works in any fight. Just like Houken did the stepping on Kyou's foot to get the advantage because Kyou was getting him otherwise. That doesn't change the fact Houken won that fight with losing an arm... to a Duke Hyou with no rest and sleep for days and had just broken through Riboku's Ryuudou vs a fresh Houken.

I think you simply have Houken a lot higher than I do in a 1on1 dueling situation within Kingdom confines. He's losing to somebody like Gyou'un for me.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
-I think this is just gonna turn into being about the credibility of that scene, I'll ask for context of that scene, you won't have it since the series doesn't give it. Thus you'll run based on the assumption Kanmei 1-shot a fully healthy peaked Oukotsu, while I'll run with there's missing context that'll be revealed later which is why Hara didn't bother going into Oukotsu as a character yet outside of a flashback panel in a non-Qin character's flashback.
And Oukotsu in general hasn't had any hype, so I don't see any reason to do a hype comparison between the two. When the only thing we really have is he seems to be the Moubu of his generation. And if that's the case he'd be relatively close to Ouki and should have S-tier exp atleast. Even a 96 strength stat level is enough for him to clear Houken for me.

- I didn't mention any anti-feat, I simply mentioned that he lost his arm to Duke that you claimed he overwhelmingly beat... and yes when characters are about to die they attempt suicidal tactics, that's sort of how it works in any fight. Just like Houken did the stepping on Kyou's foot to get the advantage because Kyou was getting him otherwise. That doesn't change the fact Houken won that fight with losing an arm... to a Duke Hyou with no rest and sleep for days and had just broken through Riboku's Ryuudou vs a fresh Houken.

I think you simply have Houken a lot higher than I do in a 1on1 dueling situation within Kingdom confines. He's losing to somebody like Gyou'un for me.
I believe that Kouen did engineer a plan for Kanmei to be in the position, but I also think that Kanmei genuinely one shot healthy Oukotsu. I do think that he got lucky and was underestimated, but Young Kanmei>Oukotsu is factual at bare minimum

I rate Gyou'un highly but him beating Houken is crazy to me

That would mean someone like Sentou'un would beat Houken... And that's just nuts in my opinion

I believe that Kouen did engineer a plan for Kanmei to be in the position, but I also think that Kanmei genuinely one shot healthy Oukotsu. I do think that he got lucky and was underestimated, but Young Kanmei>Oukotsu is factual at bare minimum

I rate Gyou'un highly but him beating Houken is crazy to me

That would mean someone like Sentou'un would beat Houken... And that's just nuts in my opinion
Yea I think Sentou would beat Houken in a full blown 1on1. Unless Sentou hasn't rested for days and fought through an army before getting to Houken. Then Houken would beat him.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Yea I think Sentou would beat Houken in a full blown 1on1. Unless Sentou hasn't rested for days and fought through an army before getting to Houken. Then Houken would beat him.
I can't agree with that but it is possible if Sentou'un ends up being an opponent for GG Ouhon/Kyoukai like I think he could

Calling it now: Kouen has at least another deputy in his retinue who is capable of defeating Oukotsu in a fight (irrespective of his own overall level as a general). And leaving aside Kouen himself, lol.