Current Events WorstGen Forum Handing Out Devil Fruit Awakening Like Oprah Winfrey

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I swear, every time a character with a Devil Fruit shows up lately, we get this:

First was Ryokugyu. The man literally just walked from point A to point B with plants growing behind him (you know, the thing plants do) and people jumped at claiming Ryokugyu was showing us Logia Awakening.

Then people got salty that Kaido and his crew never showed Awakening while Lucci did, so then we got a series of cope threads like “Kaido buffing himself is awakening,” “Kaido knows what awakening is therefore he has it (even though he never showed it)”, “Kaido performed form changing which Drum Island Chopper did and thus must be Awakening,” etc.

Now we’ve got Big Mom must be awakened threads, “soul pocus is awakening because I’m coping,” “Bigger Mom is her awakening, please believe me”, then we get “is Kaku Awakened,” pretty soon we’ll be getting “are the Seraphim Awakened,” “is Shanks Awakened even though he doesn’t have a Devil Fruit,” “Awakening will resurrect Ace from the dead” etc…it just won’t stop.

I guess that’s just what we can expect when Awakening is objectively the best and most coveted power in the story, but I do find it hilarious that people are so desperate for their favorites to get awakening lol.

@SakazOuki @Blackbeard @comrade @MarineHQ @Warchief Sanji D Goat @God Buggy @TheKnightOfTheSea @Seth @ShishioIsBack @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Yelan’s Minion @ConquistadoR @Jiihad @ZenZu @AkainuTheGrimReaper @kurwa @Extravlad @Chrono

I swear, every time a character with a Devil Fruit shows up lately, we get this:

First was Ryokugyu. The man literally just walked from point A to point B with plants growing behind him (you know, the thing plants do) and people jumped at claiming Ryokugyu was showing us Logia Awakening.

Then people got salty that Kaido and his crew never showed Awakening while Lucci did, so then we got a series of cope threads like “Kaido buffing himself is awakening,” “Kaido knows what awakening is therefore he has it (even though he never showed it)”, “Kaido performed form changing which Drum Island Chopper did and thus must be Awakening,” etc.

Now we’ve got Big Mom must be awakened threads, “soul pocus is awakening because I’m coping,” “Bigger Mom is her awakening, please believe me”, then we get “is Kaku Awakened,” pretty soon we’ll be getting “are the Seraphim Awakened,” “is Shanks Awakened even though he doesn’t have a Devil Fruit,” “Awakening will resurrect Ace from the dead” etc…it just won’t stop.

I guess that’s just what we can expect when Awakening is objectively the best and most coveted power in the story, but I do find it hilarious that people are so desperate for their favorites to get awakening lol.

@SakazOuki @Blackbeard @comrade @MarineHQ @Warchief Sanji D Goat @God Buggy @TheKnightOfTheSea @Seth @ShishioIsBack @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Yelan’s Minion @ConquistadoR @Jiihad @ZenZu @AkainuTheGrimReaper @kurwa @Extravlad @Chrono

Awakening is a shit tier power up anyways. Absolute ebronis like Katakuri and Impel Down guards have it.

Awakening turned a standard Zoan into a Nika level fruit, lol

It’s okay man, EOS Zoro maxing out a mid top tier is a lot to be proud of.
What does Nika Man even mean lol?
Take CoC and Ryou away from Luffy and Dressrosa Zoro mid diffs that fodder at worst.

And that's real rich when Zoro already shits on at least two of the admirals. Fujitora was struggling to restrain Dressrosa Zoro..he'd get a heart attack if he ran into CoC version of Zoro.

I know it hurts..Awakening even with CoA is matched by an absolute fodder House cat who isn't even an ancient much less mythical Zoan 🤣

C

CensoredbyWG

It's a simple concept that was properly explained in My thread.

From what was shown up to this point, there are two paramecia awakening types:

1: transforming environment: katakuri and doflamingo
2: affecting your enemy with your ability that used your body as the main point: law and kid.

Big mom providing souls as base form and taking souls as awakening is literally the same thing that kid and law did with their fruits.

Big mom's awakening follows the same structure that law and kid's do.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kinda sad at this point. I don't even think it's about people wanted their favs to have awakening, but it's people covering for Oda making a big fat blunder.

I disagree with this part. I can understand taking this position as an admiral fan, but I don't really think there's one power-up that's universally and exclusively the "best" to have. It depends on the individual character's strengths/weaknesses. For example, I think someone like Zoro/Mihawk/Shanks/Rayleigh would be broken asf if you gave them a Zoan awakening because their physicals would shoot to the moon in comparison to them starting as regular ass humans. But people like Kaido/BM can pretty much reach the pinnacle of the verse in terms of sheer physicals without awakening because of their naturally gifted bodies

Next up is Haki awakening

Agreed. People act like awakening should be something easily achieved, and just because a character is strong that means they must be awakened, when the Jailer beasts from Impel Down prove that can't be farther from the truth. Even though they aren't fully awakened, they are a lot closer than most.

From what the story tells us, you have to have a certain level of connection with your Devil Fruit, in order to awaken it.

It would be absolutely fucking stupid that every time a new powerup concept is introduced, everybody and their fucking mother gets it. Not sure why people think Oda not dishing out awakenings like Oprah with gifts on Christmas day is some bad move on his part.

Take his swords and Haki away from Zoro and he loses to Chopper
Probably not. Zoro pre time skip even without his Haki was matching Sanji.
Post time skip probably strangles Zoro physically and Haki is a body's natural talent not a magical fruit.

I mean swords are nothing without skill and raw strength and natural talent of the weilder. Zoro is literally weilding a troubling sword, that nearly killed him multiple times. The amount of raw talent it takes to use Enma..something that if Sanji picked he would simply die is crazy.

It's kinda sad at this point. I don't even think it's about people wanted their favs to have awakening, but it's people covering for Oda making a big fat blunder.

I disagree with this part. I can understand taking this position as an admiral fan, but I don't really think there's one power-up that's universally and exclusively the "best" to have. It depends on the individual character's strengths/weaknesses. For example, I think someone like Zoro/Mihawk/Shanks/Rayleigh would be broken asf if you gave them a Zoan awakening because their physicals would shoot to the moon in comparison to them starting as regular ass humans. But people like Kaido/BM can pretty much reach the pinnacle of the verse in terms of sheer physicals without awakening because of their naturally gifted bodies
Haki can make you pirate king level without devil fruit.
One devil fruit without Haki doesn't even make you YC1 level and we are talking the absolute best devil fruits like Gura Gura or Nika Nika or Ope Ope no mi.

So no objectively Haki is far more significant source of power than devil fruit.
Maybe Kizaru's awakening will change the game tho