Speculations Would this make One piece the greatest manga again?

If the firat 500 chapters of one piece was god level the best manga ever. The next 500 chapters was barely worth reading. And the last 500 chapters was fucking God tier level excellence.

I can't lie egghead has been entertaining af and other than buggy theirs no memeable characters like big mom or throw away filler villains like Kaidou. Everybody left in the game has great buildup. The only really shit characters we have left are kidd.

Dressrosa is criminaly underrated, most people hated the arc due to trash pacing on animation, if you read it on manga it´s a lot better.

What people fail to understand or just refuse to understand is that oda will NEVER be the same man who wrote 500 masterpiece chapters.

One piece is a global phenomenon with loyal fanbase who idolize the author, as long as he doesn´t drop the ball tite kubo style, he won´t have any trouble.

Before timeskip, oda was still building a fanbase and competing against naruto and bleach when they were at their respective peaks and offered hard competition.

Nowadays, one piece reigns supreme as the king of shonens, naruto and bleach are long gone while current shonen doesn´t clean the shoes of big 3 so... What incentive does oda have to do even more than he already does?

As i said, one piece reigns supreme therefore oda has NO REASON to push himself to the magnificence of pre timeskip one piece.

Regular hyped ''that man'' filled decent one piece is already enough to keep the fans.
Post automatically merged:

@Onepiecedying

Last edited:
Dressrosa is criminaly underrated, most people hated the arc due to trash pacing on animation, if you read it on manga it´s a lot better.

What people fail to understand or just refuse to understand is that oda will NEVER be the same man who wrote 500 masterpiece chapters.

One piece is a global phenomenon with loyal fanbase who idolize the author, as long as he doesn´t drop the ball tite kubo style, he won´t have any trouble.

Before timeskip, oda was still building a fanbase and competing against naruto and bleach when they were at their respective peaks and offered hard competition.

Nowadays, one piece reigns supreme as the king of shonens, naruto and bleach are long gone while current shonen doesn´t clean the shoes of big 3 so... What incentive does oda have to do even more than he already does?

As i said, one piece reigns supreme therefore oda has NO REASON to push himself to the magnificence of pre timeskip one piece.

Regular hyped ''that man'' filled decent one piece is already enough to keep the fans.

@Onepiecedying
Couldn't agree more
The masterpiece time is already gone
Oda already lost many momentum to create good story again
Its been five years, we've been falling like this since zou
Sorry to tell you but theres no redemption arc :josad:

Yeah sure, and then all it takes is a string of anticipated and therefore unpredictable combinations of Build up for years. I think it will be people in this forum calling Oda amazing again once we get to the heated bits of the final saga.

It’s a new saga with plenty to entertain with reveals and story and fights. With how stacked it is it’s hard to miss. But expect not everything to be addressed, let the man tell his own story and enjoy the ride

Junatic

Lunatic Queen

@Onepiecedying
Don't think it has anything to do with the anime. Manga pacing in Dressrosa was considered an issue by many, way before the anime adaptation. But tbf, readin only one chapter per week and havin to wait a whole week for the next one can be very frustrating.

Anyone enjoying OP post time skip more? No, just me? Ok.
On rereads, i find Post way more enjoyable. The crew already had grown up until the Post TS point where growth isnt the point of the story anymore. Sure, BM and Kaido arent the best, but its all been a leadup to bigger and better things in the long run, and now wr are finally there. Personally, i think the best of OP has yet to come.

No.... It actually never was the greatest manga.... In fact when naruto was there it was more popular too overall(might still be)... I mean honestly one piece is looked upon mostly due to no other competition of it's era I guess.... Even I, though started early... It was after naruto that I picked it up.

Egghead is so irrelevant that people praise more for outside events just like Wano Acts 1 and 2.

Chapters 1000 to 1050 was the shittiests of New World except for Zoro vs King. 500 to 1000 worth reading more than 1000 to current One Piece.