Questions & Mysteries Would Ulti and Yamato have fans if they were ugly?

Would Yamato/Ulti have fans if they were ugly?

• Total voters
Were did he ranked in popularity poll?
I don’t recall but the dude is loved by almost all one piece fans... never saw any person who specifically hated him... EVEN in communities and society where I live where LGBT is restricted and have bad view on them, they still love the shit out of him

Or Bon Clay too.. never saw anyone hates him.. Both are Ugly Okama.. yet loved by all the masses

I don’t recall but the dude is loved by almost all one piece fans... never saw any person who specifically hated him... EVEN in communities and society where I live where LGBT is restricted and have bad view on them, they still love the shit out of him

Or Bon Clay too.. never saw anyone hates him.. Both are Ugly Okama.. yet loved by all the masses
Yeah............my question was "Will any popular character in one piece have lot of fans if they were ugly " not that would they have any fans at all.............make sanji an ugly character and he wouldn't be in top ten fav characters.........

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I think he would still have fans even if he wasn’t conventionally attractive. Bartolomeo, Kizaru, Kuma, Fujitora etc have fans and they’re not exactly sexy ubermensch archetypes. Weevil’s lack of fanbase is his appearance combined with a stupid voice (in the anime), a mommy complex and the fact that he’s 40 acting like 4. Immaturity and stupidity are huge turnoffs for the fanbase. If Yamato was a man, she would be absolutely despised by the fanbase, even if she wasn’t ugly as sin. Because immaturity in women is cute (Perona) and immature men are unattractive as fuck.
In fairness to Yamato, she also wouldn't be popular if she wasn't strong (see Rebecca), or if she was incompetent/clumsy (see Smoothie).

Your comparison to Perona is very apt though.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I think he would still have fans even if he wasn’t conventionally attractive. Bartolomeo, Kizaru, Kuma, Fujitora etc have fans and they’re not exactly sexy ubermensch archetypes. Weevil’s lack of fanbase is his appearance combined with a stupid voice (in the anime), a mommy complex and the fact that he’s 40 acting like 4. Immaturity and stupidity are huge turnoffs for the fanbase. If Yamato was a man, she would be absolutely despised by the fanbase, even if she wasn’t ugly as sin. Because immaturity in women is cute (Perona) and immature men are unattractive as fuck.
Mihawk has a certain charisma to him hence why he would work. Rest not so sure, character you listed might not be best of the bunch but they arent joke in apperance

If i see a character that looks like a joke ill percieve him like a joke. Looks matter and if the author doesnt give 2 shits about his characters apperance why should i?

Plus all, well most female characters in OP can be described same, at least Yamato has something going on besides - i am either Kawaii desu like Perona or Nami or bitchy like Ulti and Boa

Yeah............my question was "Will any popular character in one piece have lot of fans if they were ugly " not that would they have any fans at all.............make sanji an ugly character and he wouldn't be in top ten fav characters.........
Well, don’t be so sure... Top 10 are most of the time occupied by SH members, Luffy’s brothers + Law cause he’s closest supernova to Luffy and co

it’s not about looks necessarily

it just so happens Oda doesn’t create a very ugly SH...
I think ugly character joining the SHs with GREAT background, backstory and well developed would make him so popular

Let Bon Clay as example join strawhats and he’s basically gonna be in top 10
And mark my words on it

this is what separates great characters from bad ones

Zoan Ulti is ugly as fuck though, she's also a bitch. I think there might be a lot of masochistic people here who would like to be treated as her puppet or her pet, sexual slave whatever. Not that I'm being judgemental on their fetish
Ulti is only good for her duo with Pay Pay... for me, without Pay Pay dynamic, I wouldn’t be invested in Ulti at all..

Well, don’t be so sure... Top 10 are most of the time occupied by SH members, Luffy’s brothers + Law cause he’s closest supernova to Luffy and co

it’s not about looks necessarily

it just so happens Oda doesn’t create a very ugly SH...
I think ugly character joining the SHs with GREAT background, backstory and well developed would make him so popular

Let Bon Clay as example join strawhats and he’s basically gonna be in top 10
And mark my words on it

this is what separates great characters from bad ones
Bon clay is not that much of an ugly character though..........even ivankov isn't............talking about female characters here for most part like fat boa sister or current shinobu..........

Obvious relevant characters are going to be liked.............and there is no "mark my words" its obvious looks matter especially talking about female characters who aren't that much relevant

Last edited: