Current Events Would you be happy with Luffy defeating Kaido here?

Should Luffy win Round 3 or lose again?

• Yes Luffy should win

Votes: 38 71.7%
  • No, its too soon for him to defeat a Yonko 1v1

Votes: 15 28.3%

• Total voters
Luffy got pummeled on the roof AFTER a powerup. He then almost drowns and hasn't gotten another powerup in between that time and confronting Kaido again after the Yamato/Kaido fight. This will be Round 3 which is ALOT in the One Piece universe. Would you be happy with Luffy winning here? Or would it be too much of an asspull? I for one would hate it. I think Luffy should definitely lose again, and they should actually have Onigashima crash into the Flower Capital which would in turn raise the stakes on the arc. You can then have Round 4 later down the line when Zoro recovers from the King fight and when Kidd/Law recover from the Big Mom fight. Add Sanji this time and have it be 5 v 1. But Luffy beating Kaido here by himself would be garbage and would ruin the arc for me. He's clearly not ready and having Kaido go down just because we are supposedly nearing the end of the arc would be horrible writing from my POV. If that was Oda's goal then he should have focused more on Luffy's character growth over the shitty Scabbards and their endless panel time. Now it would be the biggest shonen trash. We haven't gotten a Kaido flashback or even a Kidd flashback and Oda is worried about giving significant panel time to Scabbards and little kids with dimi dango marshmallows. Its so frustrating.

Last edited:
Yonko are low end top tiers in comparison to the admirals and Mihawk so I’m okay with it.
How do you figure that? I can't really see Mihawk beating Shanks or Blackbeard 1v1. Or even Kaido. Mihawk backed down from a battle with Shanks at Marineford. Akainu almost died against a weakened Whitebeard. Fujitora couldn't/wouldn't stop Doflamingo's birdcage.

How do you figure that? I can't really see Mihawk beating Shanks or Blackbeard 1v1. Or even Kaido. Mihawk backed down from a battle with Shanks at Marineford. Akainu almost died against a weakened Whitebeard. Fujitora couldn't/wouldn't stop Doflamingo's birdcage.
They're the first to go down. Basic shonen battle logic generally dictates -> later opponents > sooner opponents.
So unless you think that characters like Mihawk or the admirals just won't fight the SH (lol) then you should probably appraise them at emperor level or higher.

They're the first to go down. Basic shonen battle logic generally dictates -> later opponents > sooner opponents.
So unless you think that characters like Mihawk or the admirals just won't fight the SH (lol) then you should probably appraise them at emperor level or higher.
I do agree that's a general rule of thumb for shonen, but I doubt it goes that way for OP. Kaido will probably go down via a team effort (hopefully), then Zoro can take what he learns from King to defeat Mihawk/Shiryu. If Kaido goes down via a team effort and Luffy defeats Akainu later down the line alone, then that would break this rule. And I think that is the most likely option. You then have the final battle between PK level Luffy and Blackbeard at EOS.

Luffy beating Kaido 1v1 then going on to struggle against an Admiral that couldn't defeat Whitebeard or Kizaru who couldn't make light work against Marco doesn't make sense to me. This is why I think Kaido going down 5v1 is the only thing that makes sense right now. That way Luffy will go on to defeat opponents that are stronger relative to his power level without help from Kidd/Law/Zoro or anyone else.

Luffy got pummeled on the roof AFTER a powerup. He then almost drowns and hasn't gotten another powerup in between that time and confronting Kaido again after the Yamato/Kaido fight. This will be Round 3 which is ALOT in the One Piece universe. Would you be happy with Luffy winning here? Or would it be too much of an asspull? I for one would hate it. I think Luffy should definitely lose again, and they should actually have Onigashima crash into the Flower Capital which would in turn raise the stakes on the arc. You can then have Round 4 later down the line when Zoro recovers from the King fight and when Kidd/Law recover from the Big Mom fight. Add Sanji this time and have it be 5 v 1. But Luffy beating Kaido here by himself would be garbage and would ruin the arc for me. He's clearly not ready and having Kaido go down just because we are supposedly nearing the end of the arc would be horrible writing from my POV. If that was Oda's goal then he should have focused more on Luffy's character growth over the shitty Scabbards and their endless panel time. Now it would be the biggest shonen trash. We haven't gotten a Kaido flashback or even a Kidd flashback and Oda is worried about giving significant panel time to Scabbards and little kids with dimi dango marshmallows. Its so frustrating.
I'm not happy. Since it's just to be expected. It is set in stone. Base Luffy is currently waltzing with Hybrid Kaidou. Luffy has already become just immeasurably strong. If he still loses in 1 v 1 and need someone else to accompany him defeat / surpass Kaidou, it's a rewrite of the whole concept of this manga. Which is Luffy's dream, and Luffy surpassing the strongest.

So no i'm not happy, it's just bound to happen thats all.

I personally think kaido will remain the absolute strongest (or second strongest, depends on how strong eos luffy will be). I dont see luffy getting much stronger after wano. Only thing to expect is awakening which lasts only for a small amount of time and thus you cant rely on it.
So if luffy defeats bb in 1v1 i ll still have kaido as the strongest since he has already fought 15 ( scabbards+rooftop 5+ yamato) mighty opponents and goes on.

We aint in an arc more than 100 chapters and Kaido isnt defeated now. Kaido and Big Mom is gonna get defeated but the real question is how Oda is gonna handle it.

Also your suggestion is worse than what we have right now. Why would Oda make Onigashima crash to capital while Momo tries to stop it. No fake tension.

It's going to happen soon, it's time for the beast to be put down for good.
It's been like 2 years of Wa, come on.
End it here and let's move on with the void Century, Imu, Blackbeard, Sabo's tragedy and the Revs, the warlord hunt, the disaster in Alabasta, the next island, the next Red PG.

Anything can happen. If Oda wants Luffy to win 1 on 1, then he will.
personally wouldn’t want trash like Sanji joining against Kaido. Law/Kid are busy with Big Mom and can’t see how they will.
Only one I am okay with joining Luffy in the rooftop is Zoro, since it is supposed to be his arc and Zoro’s goal has always been about strength and power.

People are still on this dumb shit. Oda made it clear since Dressrosa, that Luffy had the physical strength to compete with/beat Kaido. He was just lacking the Haki.

"I don't want Luffy beating Kaido, just because his punch is so strong."

He's already stated that his physical strength is already at that level. He just needed "something else", i.e. Haki boosts.