Character Discussion Would you prefer had Doffy been a Yonkou instead of Kaido?

I would tbh. Doffy has 1000x better personality and charisma than Kaido. He would have been an amazing Yonko since he loves to abuse power and control people. Imagine if he was as strong as Kaido with the same level of influence combined with his ruthlessness, supreme ambition and the extremely sensitive knowledge he possesses. He would have been, without a doubt, the best villain the series could offer other than maybe Imu

He's sadistic, manipulative, extremely ambitious, smart, power-hungry, a great leader, and overall one of the best villains and characters introduced thus far in One Piece

Kaido on the other hand is just a boring, stupid, giant meatbag. All he does is drink and cry, no personality or charisma other than getting jerked off by all the characters for being "so strong". He's just a really tough practice tool for Luffy to get stronger, nothing more. But as a character he might as well not exist and nothing of value would be lost

People make fun of Big Mom for being a joke. But to me Kaido is much worse because he's boring as hell and every scene he appears in is just embarrassing to watch

I would tbh. Doffy has 1000x better personality and charisma than Kaido. He would have been an amazing Yonko since he loves to abuse power and control people. Imagine if he was as strong as Kaido with the same level of influence combined with his ruthlessness, supreme ambition and the extremely sensitive knowledge he possesses. He would have been, without a doubt, the best villain the series could offer other than maybe Imu

He's sadistic, manipulative, extremely ambitious, smart, power-hungry, a great leader, and overall one of the best villains and characters introduced thus far in One Piece

Kaido on the other hand is just a boring, stupid, giant meatbag. All he does is drink and cry, no personality or charisma other than getting jerked off by all the characters for being "so strong". He's just a really tough practice tool for Luffy to get stronger, nothing more. But as a character he might as well not exist and nothing of value would be lost

People make fun of Big Mom for being a joke. But to me Kaido is much worse because he's boring as hell and every scene he appears in is just embarrassing to watch

Kaido litteraly cried only once, thats it. And why is crying a bad thing? Zoro cried, Luffy cried, WB cried,Sengoku cried,etc.

He also isnt stupid. Far from it.

Though I will agree that personality wise I would prefer Doffy to him honestly, but imo Doffy was only allowed to work because Dressrossa was his arc.

Im pretty sure his personality would be drastically different if he was a Yonko and all that.

Kaido litteraly cried only once, thats it. And why is crying a bad thing? Zoro cried, Luffy cried, WB cried,Sengoku cried,etc.
I wasn't really serious about the crying thing. But overall i just can't take him seriously. Kaido is like that constantly drunk deadbeat dad who always complains about the kids making noises while wishing to die because he has nothing better to do

He's tbh. He's the bitch of Orochi while getting clowned by the Worst Gen pirates, and he hasn't displayed any feats of intelligence worthy of a Yonko level character

Though I will agree that personality wise I would prefer Doffy to him honestly, but imo Doffy was only allowed to work because Dressrossa was his arc.
Yeah bringing Doffy back now as a villain would be stupid since he already had his arc. But i wish things had been different and he was the villain of the current arc instead

Im pretty sure his personality would be drastically different if he was a Yonko and all that.
Not by much unless his backstory was retconned and he wasn't a CD in that scenario. But other than that he would be similar since his ultimate goal would still be becoming the king of the world or destroying it
Post automatically merged:

No. Doflamingo at his core is a coward. A bully. He's the guy who kicks the weak but is afraid of the strong.
How is Doflamingo a coward and a bully exactly? Fighting Kaido would be just wishing for death because the difference in strength is extreme. It's smart to avoid utterly unwinnable fights

Are we assuming Doffy becoming a yonko at his level of strength as well as his crew or should we imagine him and his crew to be much much much stronger than they are to be yonko level cause it makes a difference.

Are we assuming Doffy becoming a yonko at his level of strength as well as his crew or should we imagine him and his crew to be much much much stronger than they are to be yonko level cause it makes a difference.
I assume in that scenario that Doflamingo would be as strong as Kaido and his crew would also be scaled with the BPs

I assume in that scenario that Doflamingo would be as strong as Kaido and his crew would also be scaled with the BPs
I wouldn’t want to him to replace Kaido, but he would be fitting personality wise. Tho we shouldn’t ignore what mare him menacing more is that he had Kaido backing him up. Kaido has a history with the old gen which is one of the things that makes his character better. When it comes to intelligence as I have seen you brought it up, there’s no such a thing as yonko level intelligence lol. They are all about being powerful and having a strong crew as well as territories which he already does. And the ambition of becoming a PK is there so all works out for me. Kaido seems like knows more than we can see at first glance, but it’s up to Oda when or if he wants to reveal it

That would go completely against his character. He is the puppet master, the guy pulling strings from the shadows. Most people didn't know he was "Joker" and ran the underground. Even his subjects didn't know how he came into power by manipulating Riku.

The Yonkos are the public face of piracy. They work out in the open.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
This seems like a very shallow-ish take. Kaido isn't that one note flat track bully that you make him out to be in your post. Ill quote a part of one of my other posts on Kaido where I looked at his dream and a part of his character. There is a whole lot more to Kaido than what meets the eye - his ambition to get what he calls "a Great Death" and to be remembered, his relationship with Yamato and his Oni supremacist attitude (for the lack of a better term), his motivations behind his goals tying up with what happened to his captain and his outlook on death in general.

Did you notice how even Sengoku said that apart from a few oldtimers in the marines, nobody remembers Rocks?
but how Roger, Whitebeard and Oden are remembered for their era defining grand deaths?

In fact, Kaido explicitly praises Whitebeard (during his introduction chapter) and Oden here, on panel, for getting their spectacular deaths.

I am firmly of the opinion that Rocks is on the same level as Roger and Whitebeard if not higher as a pirate. What he lacks is a grand death, as Kaido reiterates on the rooftop, death is what completes a person.
I think Rocks didn't get the grand death that Roger and Whitebeard got. This could be a huge part of Kaido's motivation of making sure people remember him after he gets his "grand death" unlike what happened to his former captain. We'll most likely get a Rocks flashback so that Oda can build that narrative and end it with his pathetic death.

Also another thing: we see Luffy & Big Mom claim that they wanna become the King of the Pirates. but Kaido, even though he declared that he wants to find the Ancient Weapons and the One Piece, he has never said he wants to become the King of the Pirates. he said that he wants to use that to create the world of violence that he seeks.
This is also based off of Whitebeard's last words - since he confirmed that a world wide war is bound to start if someone finds the One Piece with them.
All Kaido is dreaming of, is to die a honourable, grand death in a world wide war which he starts after in the process of finding the One Piece and Ancient Weapons so that people remember him long after he has passed like Roger and Whitebeard.
This is the statement that he told Kinemon before skewering him
This alone makes me think that he's gonna die while bawling his eyes out and crying about his legacy being tarnished by his pathetic death. That people wont remember him like they remember Roger, Whitebeard and Oden after their grand/epic deaths.

I think dying in a closed off country is very against what Kaido desires - to die in a grand world wide war and be remembered. Which is why i think Kaido is going to die a pathetic death, at the end of the Wano arc
His character isn't as nuanced as Doflamingo's. That doesn't necessarily mean he's a one dimentional character.

In a narrative/thematic sense - Doflamingo held the reins to the monsters of the new world like Big Mom and Kaido through his trade relations and was key in maintaining the balance.

Kaido is the pirate who is at the pinnacle of piracy and is at the absolute top of the world. He is the Conqueror of Conquerors - shown by his MO being breaking other Conquerors/Captains' will into submission and eventually bringing them in as subordinates. He is the thematic representation of the myth behind his fruit - a pirate who started off as an Apprentice and slowly fought/climbed his way up the waterfall of piracy and is now reigning at the very top.

Last edited:
Kaido is not Doflamingo. They have different sets of personalities, and you can't say who's better, it's just your choice. Yes you like villain with great charisma that's it, there are also tons of ppl who like non-charismatic but kickass type of villain( Kaido, Akainu etc).

As a Yonko status, Kaido is the definition of what's its like to be a Yonko, menacing and imposing, brutal, confident of his power, battle maniac, act like a true Big Bad Boss, doesn't threaten by anything, doesn't speak too much and stfu his opponents by wacking them, action speaks louder than words.

So hell no, Doffy doesn't fit the Yonko status. He's better fit his role in Dressrosa where he was a puppet master and gets threaten by the act of angering a true Yonko.

Last edited:
the problem is we don,t really know about kaido we still not see his flashback his relation with big mom or his descedant about oni race we know nothing about him ....
n so far i agreed that yonko really not have level of intelegence they just big and powerful pirates organization backing by big names n that,s it
Oh Shit, just realize if oda made kaido backstory the wano arc will going longer n longer :noo:

Kaido isnt boring lol.
-He values strength & military might
-he is abusive to family which makes him more menacing
-thinks everyone is below him in strength and can't beat him
-one of his goals is to be pirate king
-wants chaos and destruction.
-asks people to join them rather than killing them

Presence, design, personality, fighting style and living up to his name in terms of strength. And he doesnt cry everytime so idk what you're talking about.

This seems like a very shallow-ish take. Kaido isn't that one note flat track bully that you make him out to be in your post. Ill quote a part of one of my other posts on Kaido where I looked at his dream and a part of his character. There is a whole lot more to Kaido than what meets the eye - his ambition to get what he calls "a Great Death" and to be remembered, his relationship with Yamato and his Oni supremacist attitude (for the lack of a better term), his motivations behind his goals tying up with what happened to his captain and his outlook on death in general.

His character isn't as nuanced as Doflamingo's. That doesn't necessarily mean he's a one dimentional character.

In a narrative/thematic sense - Doflamingo held the reins to the monsters of the new world like Big Mom and Kaido through his trade relations and was key in maintaining the balance.

Kaido is the pirate who is at the pinnacle of piracy and is at the absolute top of the world. He is the Conqueror of Conquerors - shown by his MO being breaking other Conquerors/Captains' will into submission and eventually bringing them in as subordinates. He is the thematic representation of the myth behind his fruit - a pirate who started off as an Apprentice and slowly fought/climbed his way up the waterfall of piracy and is now reigning at the very top.
I personally feel Doflamingo is overrated as a character.....He is just a bad replica of joker character and Crocodile....your typical comic book villain who has all the characteristics that any "villain" should have.....He just looks cool.....

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I personally feel Doflamingo is overrated as a character.....He is just a bad replica of joker character and Crocodile....your typical comic book villain who has all the characteristics that any "villain" should have.....He just looks cool.....
I'd disagree with that. He is extremely charismatic as a character and his backstory, motivations, character tie in neatly into the theme of the arc. A puppet master with a god complex who controlled the entirety of Dressrosa (a metaphorical and literal "birdcage") until he was defeated by Luffy, a D - supposedly the natural enemy of the gods. His relationship with Corazon and Law - his presence, charisma and his character traits make him one of the best villains in One Piece yet. He was one of the best parts of the Dressrosa Saga IMO.

Kaido would be far less hated and circlejerk'd if he didn't have that the damn WSC title and 1v1 statement. Insecure Mihawk and Admiral fans try to find every damn flaw exaggerate and spam it