Powers & Abilities Would Zoro be able to fight even without his swords?

Can zoro fight past main villains with only his haki fists and kicks?

• Total voters
Its simple, Garp just has even more immense physical strength than Zoro and so does Luffy by extension plus they have actually trained and refined their respective fighting styles, they've developed it for years. If Zoro actually trained in a swordless combat style and fought/defeated strong enemies with it then yes, what you're saying would be true but that's not the case.
It was being teased by zoro that he might start from now on to also fight with his bare fists and his whole body, not only his swords. He would slowly gain experience in that and most likely catch up to luffy or garp in terms of combat experience by the EoS though.

It was being teased by zoro that he might start from now on to also fight with his bare fists and his whole body, not only his swords. He would slowly gain experience in that and most likely catch up to luffy or garp in terms of combat experience by the EoS though.
That's just Zoro expressing that he would do everything in his power to win in his fight against king, not that he's gonna start fighting like that all the time. Zoro is a pure swordsman and always will be but if opponents resort to using things outside of swordsmanship then so will he in order to win.

Zoro trained the way of the sword his whole life and look how far he's come! He is strong even without his swords but if he were to fight someone like king hell even someone on a lower level perhaps Ulti, he would lose. He has no range has no strong defense etc etc. But it doesn't matter since zoro will always have his swords on

That's just Zoro expressing that he would do everything in his power to win in his fight against king, not that he's gonna start fighting like that all the time. Zoro is a pure swordsman and always will be but if opponents resort to using things outside of swordsmanship then so will he in order to win.
Okay what would your guess be? Which opponents can zoro beat with just his physical strength and his haki resevoir? Where does he stop at which difficulty? We will take an inexperienced zoro in terms of raw combat.

Okay what would your guess be? Which opponents can zoro beat with just his physical strength and his haki resevoir? Where does he stop at which difficulty? We will take an inexperienced zoro in terms of raw combat.
I think he loses to YC3 commanders with high difficulty. He may fare better or worse depending on the matchup but I don't think he beats any of them.

Currently? Fair enough. But I think EoS Zoro would beat any YC even YC1 but stop at admiral level characters without his swords.
If we're talking EOS then I think he loses extreme diff to all YC1 characters simply because he wouldn't have techniques damaging enough to put them down but he would probably be physically stronger than all of them. Their techniques and versatility would make up for the difference in raw strength though. Idk, you could make the argument he wins but I think its close regardless and yeah he's not beating admirals without swords EOS

If we're talking EOS then I think he loses extreme diff to all YC1 characters simply because he wouldn't have techniques damaging enough to put them down but he would probably be physically stronger than all of them. Their techniques and versatility would make up for the difference in raw strength though. Idk, you could make the argument he wins but I think its close regardless and yeah he's not beating admirals without swords EOS
Fair enough. it could go either way against the YC1s. But he would for sure lose against top tiers like admirals without his swords.

But Zoro has raw physical strength since he trains with extreme weigths. How would that not help him in fights even if he has none of his swords? The quality of his haki doesn't decrease and shouldn't decrease. Swords are lethal in general thats why they are extremely dangerous. But even without swords you can beat someone. Look at Garp, Look at Luffy both aren't using swords but only physical strength and haki. Or do you think zoros haki decreases if he has none of his swords? That would make no sense tbh.
It doesn't work like that. Oda places heavy emphasis on fighting styles in One Piece. Someone like Garp, who is the pinnacle of physical strength in the series wouldn't be able to pick up a Sword and cut Pica's Golem in half. Why? Because as far as we know, he is not trained to do so.

Can Zoro throw a strong punch due to his physical strength? Of course. But can he throw as punch as powerful as someone with the same level of physical strength, who trains and fights as a brawler? No. Throwing a punch is much more than just being able to swing your arm really hard. That's why boxers train rigorously day in and day out for years to get to the level where their at. Not just any dude with raw physical strength can hop into a boxing ring and hope to stand a chance against someone who is trained. Technique and form matter, even when it comes to brawling.

It doesn't work like that. Oda places heavy emphasis on fighting styles in One Piece. Someone like Garp, who is the pinnacle of physical strength in the series wouldn't be able to pick up a Sword and cut Pica's Golem in half. Why? Because as far as we know, he is not trained to do so.

Can Zoro throw a strong punch due to his physical strength? Of course. But can he throw as punch as powerful as someone with the same level of physical strength, who trains and fights as a brawler? No. Throwing a punch is much more than just being able to swing your arm really hard. That's why boxers train rigorously day in and day out for years to get to the level where their at. Not just any dude with raw physical strength can hop into a boxing ring and hope to stand a chance against someone who is trained. Technique and form matter, even when it comes to brawling.
Let me know your guess then. Which opponents can the current zoro and the EoS zoro face and beat without an sword and which ones would beat him in Extreme/High/Mid/Low difficulty. You got some good points there.

Let me know your guess then. Which opponents can the current zoro and the EoS zoro face and beat without an sword and which ones would beat him in Extreme/High/Mid/Low difficulty. You got some good points there.
Current Zoro, without his swords (going by what we saw from his words in Syrup village arc) he’d be stronger than the likes of Holdem and babanuki, but he wouldn’t be able to fight any veterans.

EOS Zoro I don’t think would be able to beat commanders, just because I think all of his powerups will be related to his swordsmanship and swords.

I was mostly talking about the Golem, but yes, he can't cut FBCOA Pica without swords.
Let's take the stone Pica aside zoros haki is still superior to picas, he wouldn't need to cut him to beat him right? Look at vergo vs smoker, both have CoA but Vergo was superior to Smoker because his CoA was stronger.

Yes of course, it seems that he can still rely on his barrier haki after all and other useful features.

He surely loses a massive amount of AP but he can at least hold a powerful opponent off for a while without if that's the job.