Questions & Mysteries WTF is Yamato?

Is Yamato a man or a woman?

• Man

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Woman

Votes: 112 88.2%

• Total voters
That is not the line Oda is following, like, at all

Yamato decided to be Oden long before she was introduced to us.
Oda introduced her as Kaido's daughter because that is a fact. She is his daughter.
The reason Kaido called her his son could have been the New Onigashima Plan, when he wanted her to accept her Oni lineage and become the Shogun of Wano (Kaido would still be the leader ofc)
And if Kaido is calling her son, ofc all his subordinates will also do it. If he called her Garp, Naruto, Lady Gaga or whatever, all of them would follow suit .

Same goes for Luffy and his crew and followers. If Luffy plays along and calls someone Yamao, everyone else will follow.
Of course it is Oda's line.

I know Yamato decided to be Oden long before his introduction, don't even know how the heck you read my post to understand something different.

Yamato was introduced as Kaidou's daughter but everybody treats him as his son. The actuality of his persona is this, not an introduction box with zero real impact in the story. When it comes to treatment, everybody treats him as a he, not a she; yet people in here are salty enough to discredit this fact (which isn't incompatible with the box) for whatever reason that drives so many guys nuts whenever pronouns are involved (beyond this forum, by the way; does it touch something uncomfortable or what...?).

Kaidou calls him his son because he wants Yamato to take full accountability for his choice. It's made pretty obvious in chapter 1.024: Yamato chose to become Oden and Kaidou accepted it but made it clear that it meant war and wouldn't treat it as just a game nor a simple family feud. Becoming Oden meant the whole package, including his treatment towards Yamato. Before this event Yamato wasn't treated as a man; hence why his epithet shared by the Beast Pirates used to be Oni PRINCESS. The New Onigashima Plan had nothing to do with it, Yamato was treated as a woman and daughter for years.

For the rest, even Ulti treats Yamato as a man in spite of giving zero shits about following suit. And I personally doubt Luffy has any influence there, if every good guy treats Yamato as a he is because they aren't pieces of shit and follow the treatment he prefers for himself.

To summarize, what we have here is that Yamato was the princess (not prince) until he started to call himself Oden, after what the Beasts Pirates did the same following the fact he'd take full accountability for his choice, to the point everybody in-verse treats him as a man. Will Yamato drop the Oden persona and reverse into her old she-self? We will see, but right now the treatment she gets is "he/him", so acting so salty over readers doing the same is, again, fishy as hell.

Of course it is Oda's line.

I know Yamato decided to be Oden long before his introduction, don't even know how the heck you read my post to understand something different.

Yamato was introduced as Kaidou's daughter but everybody treats him as his son. The actuality of his persona is this, not an introduction box with zero real impact in the story. When it comes to treatment, everybody treats him as a he, not a she; yet people in here are salty enough to discredit this fact (which isn't incompatible with the box) for whatever reason that drives so many guys nuts whenever pronouns are involved (beyond this forum, by the way; does it touch something uncomfortable or what...?).

Kaidou calls him his son because he wants Yamato to take full accountability for his choice. It's made pretty obvious in chapter 1.024: Yamato chose to become Oden and Kaidou accepted it but made it clear that it meant war and wouldn't treat it as just a game nor a simple family feud. Becoming Oden meant the whole package, including his treatment towards Yamato. Before this event Yamato wasn't treated as a man; hence why his epithet shared by the Beast Pirates used to be Oni PRINCESS. The New Onigashima Plan had nothing to do with it, Yamato was treated as a woman and daughter for years.

For the rest, even Ulti treats Yamato as a man in spite of giving zero shits about following suit. And I personally doubt Luffy has any influence there, if every good guy treats Yamato as a he is because they aren't pieces of shit and follow the treatment he prefers for himself.

To summarize, what we have here is that Yamato was the princess (not prince) until he started to call himself Oden, after what the Beasts Pirates did the same following the fact he'd take full accountability for his choice, to the point everybody in-verse treats him as a man. Will Yamato drop the Oden persona and reverse into her old she-self? We will see, but right now the treatment she gets is "he/him", so acting so salty over readers doing the same is, again, fishy as hell.
So in your eyes being treated seriously is a matter if your a man or woman.
Well you just sound like a sexist pig, fuck you and fuck that notion.

Seeing how you're the expert, studying psychology then boasting about it is a sign of mental illness. You were triggered by an internet post on some simple matter and you claim you're a psychology expert.

:risicheck:
It's not a sign of mental illness, first of all. And I'm not triggered by "an Internet post" but by the fact that behind some users are real people with actual behaviors in the outside world that affect people.

The treatment of Yamato isn't my problem. My problem is people who hate the pronouns issue enough to even replace every "he/him" in summaries with a "she/her", because don't fool yoruself: those people's prejudices won't stop at One Piece and then I'm the one who sees the consequences of such bigotry.

Jokes aside, jp version makes it clear that he's a biological woman who identifies as male
He always refers to himself in masculine except for when he states that he's Kaido's daughter
This isn't contradictory, it just shows the contrast between what he was born as and what he identifies as
Also I find it interesting that (seemingly) he feels that only a man can be a chad adventurer like Oden
It kind of clashes against Zoro's Kuina flashback, where Kuina wanted to be a man because it was not possible for a woman to become the strongest swordsman
In this sense, I would be interested in Yamato proclaming in front of Zoro that he is a man because it's the only way to live like Oden
I wonder how Zoro would react?

You think anybody here is pretending they are a pronoun-respecter outside of OP?
No, what I think is that many here are transphobic in the real world (too). The pronouns issue is the most harmless part of it.
Post automatically merged:

So in your eyes being treated seriously is a matter if your a man or woman.
Well you just sound like a sexist pig, fuck you and fuck that notion.
If you think this idiocy of a rhetoric is going to get you anywhere you better just shut up, please. And if you truly took this idea form my text then you're just stupid.
Post automatically merged:

What If I told you that I have a soft heart too, when I use pronouns that I don't prefer using I feel like killing myself too
Why so much discrimination against anti pronouns enjoyers
:risitasad:
Poor guy.

Trans people actually kill themselves, and when not they will face discrimination, violence, lower employment rate and so. But poor guy who fakes feeling discriminated in order to mock real issues.

I think Yamato could be gender fluid, but the bath house scene put to bed any notions of how Oda’s characters perceive and treat the character: as a man.

That might change if Yamato sheds the Oden identity. It might not.

For the time being, he definitely identifies and is treated as a dude, and people ought to get over it. It’s pretty pathetic that some can’t.

You call that a real issue? What an idiot lmao
15 thousand people die of hunger every single day, and here you are with the guts to tell me that some idiots who changed their gender then realized how retarded they are and killed themselves a real issue? Gtfo.

:hapnoel:
If we considered dying of hunger every single day the standard for real issues we wouldn't have advanced as a society at all, just the bare minimum. We would still have slavery, belittle mental health, etc. because, you know, at least we wouldn't dye of hunger every single day.

Luckily humankind has smart people capable of carrying dimwits like you throughout progress. And you dare to call me the idiot? Incredible.