Character Discussion Yamato general discussion

I did say that I would rather see some character development out of her and here it is. That development is happening and she’s finally growing out of the Oden obsession for the better.

I would hardly call her Top 10 character material, but she’s easily better than half of the overhyped and mediocre character Wano gave us.

odabox say she is a daughter tho.
whatsup with that? oda is transphobic??

odas representation of lgbt+ is ahead of other shonen,which is my favorite way to highlight subject matter. beyond lightyear better that whatever the crap dc and marvel coming are doing.
Bingo.

I stopped taking Marvel serious when there is a hero unironically named Snowflake.

Self awareness: Zero

Yamato isn’t Oden but identifies herself as such. You can’t become another person, but you can approximate that person to the best of your ability. Much like with Yamato emulating Oden in both character and action.

Sorry but someone being transgender and thinking someone is transgender are different. We’re both individuals who perceive the world in different ways. I do not believe Yamato is trans, but you do. I was pointing out how people are justifying your claim with anecdotal evidence, when nothing concrete has been established by Oda. People are different and interpret the story differently. You made a big deal out of this when it didn’t need to. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it and move on. But if you’re wrong I doubt you’d do the same after spewing all that virtue signaling rhetoric.
Is it virtue signaling if we have a guy literally say "Sure call me. Transphobe, idc. Trannies are retarded anyways."

Also virtue signaling is only an isue if you're ignoring an actual point while doing it. For example, democrats use virtue signaling to avoid the fact that they're doing nothing for blm, they're not fighting for universal healthcare, etc.

I meanwhile have defended by argument with pointing out the science is on my side, pointing out the actual definition of gender, and also giving multiple exampls of people (including yamato) listing off Yamato (not Oden) as the SON (ie male) of Kaidou.

I've already proved my point with real world and yamato focused things. Sorry you don't have an actual counter argument to my points instead of "well we'll see" when I've already factually proven my point

odabox say she is a daughter tho.
whatsup with that? oda is transphobic??

odas representation of lgbt+ is ahead of other shonen,which is my favorite way to highlight subject matter. beyond lightyear better that whatever the crap dc and marvel coming are doing.

personally I find yamato awsome, better than carrot for nakama
Post automatically merged:

dear progresive bros from us,

u might be shocked at this.... does this mean the rest of the world is transphobic?
welcome to the world outside your progresive bubble.
and we kinda do find you slapping your politic in our faces kinda cringe
Post automatically merged:

see this , normal people can see context between yamato and kiku.

and to the surprise of no one, context is usually gone to you crazy lefties
Homie, this whole conversation started because he got super small dick insecure about finding a guy attractive, so he went on a whole rant about how trans people are retarded and shit, and when I gave him evidence to prove my point, he just went "no, you're wrong".

If by progressive bubble, you mean I shat on that transphobic person who said trannies are retarded, if by progressive bubble, you mean the safety net that is science, objective definitions of terms since their coining/inception, and Yamato literally saying they are Kaidou's son while listing themselves as Yamato and not Oden. There is a reason you're going "lol triggered lefties" instead of debating my actual points, because you know you're fucking wrong, and you'd lose.

Gender isn't politics, it's a term to define the social construct that humans have attached when looking at what we view as "feminine" vs "masculine", and the roles we attach the sexes. This isn't an opinion based matter, you either accept facts, or you cry in your "confederate-bubble". If you can't accept the literal definition of gender, a term that has never meant the same thing as sex since it's inception in the 1950's, you might as well be a covid denier.

"Context", yet you've not actually made any points, you've just said I'm wrong or that it's opinions. No, this isn't an opinionated matter, this is me being right, and supported by the actual definition of gender, and that meaning that Yamato identifying as Kaidou's son, makes him a transgender male. Sorry you have a boner for a transgender person, must be awkward considering how you hate gay people, but I guess you're gay now.

Or are you going to deny reality and hide in your safe-space?

Conservatives: "haha snowflakes, you aren't okay with us being racist, homophobic, and transgender? Go back to your safe space"
Also Conservatives: "He wore a dress? That's the death of western civilization! Yamato is a boy? No, that's impossible, because I hate gays and I find Yamato hot, YAMATO IS A GIRL!"

I'm sorry that you lost, cry about it some more.

lol how did this thread go from talking about Yamato's character to heated arguments about her gender? :catcry:

Overall, I really love yamato as a character and really want her to join the crew. Although I do agree with others in that yamato's whole obsession with oden can be a bit annoying and a turnoff. Hopefully that changes and yamato gets some character development in this arc.

lol how did this thread go from talking about Yamato's character to heated arguments about her gender? :catcry:

Overall, I really love yamato as a character and really want her to join the crew. Although I do agree with others in that yamato's whole obsession with oden can be a bit annoying and a turnoff. Hopefully that changes and yamato gets some character development in this arc.
Ask @HopOnTheHype he always derails shit with incoherent gender association

Ask @HopOnTheHype he always derails shit with incoherent gender association
Blame the transphobes who can't accept science and terminology. The discussion should have started and ended with "yes, yamato is a boy, I agree"

But they couldn't take the L because they probably fly confederate flags. It's honestly surprising they can hold their racism back enough to like japanese media lol.

Blame the transphobes who can't accept science and terminology. The discussion should have started and ended with "yes, yamato is a boy, I agree"

But they couldn't take the L because they probably fly confederate flags. It's honestly surprising they can hold their racism back enough to like japanese media lol.
Go back to your LGBT club and just chill out here. No one gives 1/8 the fucks you do