Character Discussion Yamato general discussion

Blame the transphobes who can't accept science and terminology. The discussion should have started and ended with "yes, yamato is a boy, I agree"

But they couldn't take the L because they probably fly confederate flags. It's honestly surprising they can hold their racism back enough to like japanese media lol.
If you dont agree with my take on a Japanese cartoon your a neo nazi - HopOnTheHype

Hopefully the upcoming chapter will not just mention Ace constantly but we will get to know some spicy details concerning her devil fruit. Regardless I legitimately hope that Dragons are extinct like Canon seemed to decipher at least so far, mostly due incongruence matters regarding her ability to fly as we all know.

LMAO

I don't know why people trip about the oden thing. It's like Nami being a user, Franky as the scumbag who violated Usopp, or Robin the stranger. The point of a character is growth

I'm pretty indifferent to the gag. It's an interesting facet of Oden being this legendary character, that someone sheltered and abused has voraciously read his life chronicle as a Bible and has taken strength not just as an individual, but in understanding what this battle means to the world as well as anyone. Calling Momo son was hilarious and obviously oda lampshades that whole thing with his immediate disgust for this creepy stranger. She's a nerd filling out the romance in her head, a young American in Japan.

If she joins she'll grow up and see the world, in turn giving us a different look. Well, I use that pronoun but I have no idea if oda will continue the thing about being a son. Cool either way, I just don't actually know if this is intentionally progressive or anything, since this isn't really a progressive story.

I like the "father son" parallel, it's the most substantial we've had yet in the series. One simple thing being that they fight alike, so we see a common thread, an element reinterpreted through this other character.

I think that Yamato is fine, I just find her unnecessary. She was randomly throw into the story 60 chapters into this arc during this huge raid. Her existence feels shoehorned in, especially if you're going to give her this much relevance. Like imagine if Robin wasn't introduced or mentioned until Alabasta. Or if we didn't know Franky until the crew started invading Enies Lobby. She has a cool design, and it's nice to see a strong female, that isn't treated like garbage, but she feels sudden. I'm also not the biggest fan of Oden or Ace, so her having a strong personal connection to those characters didn't help me like her.

Speaking of personal connections, I legitimately forgot, until I started typing this, that she's KAIDO's daughter. Doesn't even feel like that matters.

If you dont agree with my take on a Japanese cartoon your a neo nazi - HopOnTheHype
"If you think trans people are mentally ill retards, you're probably a neo nazi" - HopOnTheHype

Be disingenuous all you want, probably cuz you agree with him, despite the facts being against him.

I called out transphobia, he got triggered because of the thought that he thinks a guy is cute.

Which one of us is deserving of mocking?

"If you think trans people are mentally ill retards, you're probably a neo nazi" - HopOnTheHype

Be disingenuous all you want, probably cuz you agree with him, despite the facts being against him.

I called out transphobia, he got triggered because of the thought that he thinks a guy is cute.

Which one of us is deserving of mocking?
Nah the post I quote was generally to the people who adress Yamato as female not ravager.
Oda's info box said daughter and in her official introduction chapter she said she became a man because of Oden

Nah the post I quote was generally to the people who adress Yamato as female not ravager.
Oda's info box said daughter and in her official introduction chapter she said she became a man because of Oden
Sex = female
Gender = male

Oda is being weird though, he should just list him as a son due to the actual situation at hand.

Plus the whole debate was about trans people, not even yamato specifically, I feel I justified that enough when I defined gender + went over yamato considering themselves (when regarding themselves as yamato and not oden) as the son of kaidou, and kaidou considering him his son.

If Oda's ignorant on the topic or is behind the times, that shouldn't really matter. Sometimes the author might just be transphobic like with jk rowling and stuff.

By actual definitions of the term gender, Yamato is a boy.

Also I literally was only debating ravager, and he's just puking out hate speech 24/7

Sex = female
Gender = male

Oda is being weird though, he should just list him as a son due to the actual situation at hand.

Plus the whole debate was about trans people, not even yamato specifically, I feel I justified that enough when I defined gender + went over yamato considering themselves (when regarding themselves as yamato and not oden) as the son of kaidou, and kaidou considering him his son.

If Oda's ignorant on the topic or is behind the times, that shouldn't really matter. Sometimes the author might just be transphobic like with jk rowling and stuff.

By actual definitions of the term gender, Yamato is a boy.

Also I literally was only debating ravager, and he's just puking out hate speech 24/7
The dude who coined the term gender was into some fucked up shit
"
During his professional life, Money was respected as an expert on sexual behavior, especially known for his views that gender was learned rather than innate. However, it was later revealed that his most famous case of David Reimer was fundamentally flawed.[21] In 1966, a botched circumcision left eight-month-old Reimer without a penis. Money persuaded the baby's parents that sex reassignment surgery would be in Reimer's best interest. At the age of 22 months, Reimer underwent an orchiectomy, in which his testicles were surgically removed. He was reassigned to be raised as female and given the name Brenda. Money further recommended hormone treatment, to which the parents agreed. Money then recommended a surgical procedure to create an artificial vagina, which the parents refused. Money published a number of papers reporting the reassignment as successful.

During subsequent appointments with Reimer and Reimer's twin brother Brian, Money forced the two to rehearse sexual acts, with David playing the bottom role as his brother "[pressed] his crotch against" David's buttocks. Money also forced the two children to strip for "genital inspections", occasionally taking photos. Money justified these acts by claiming that "childhood 'sexual rehearsal play'" was important for a "healthy adult gender identity".[4]

For several years, Money reported on Reimer's progress as the "John/Joan case", describing apparently successful female gender development and using this case to support the feasibility of sex reassignment and surgical reconstruction even in non-intersex cases. Notes by a former student at Money's laboratory state that, during the yearly follow-up visits, Reimer's parents routinely lied to staff about the success of the procedure. Reimer's twin brother, Brian, later developed schizophrenia.[22]"

The dude who coined the term gender was into some fucked up shit
"
During his professional life, Money was respected as an expert on sexual behavior, especially known for his views that gender was learned rather than innate. However, it was later revealed that his most famous case of David Reimer was fundamentally flawed.[21] In 1966, a botched circumcision left eight-month-old Reimer without a penis. Money persuaded the baby's parents that sex reassignment surgery would be in Reimer's best interest. At the age of 22 months, Reimer underwent an orchiectomy, in which his testicles were surgically removed. He was reassigned to be raised as female and given the name Brenda. Money further recommended hormone treatment, to which the parents agreed. Money then recommended a surgical procedure to create an artificial vagina, which the parents refused. Money published a number of papers reporting the reassignment as successful.

During subsequent appointments with Reimer and Reimer's twin brother Brian, Money forced the two to rehearse sexual acts, with David playing the bottom role as his brother "[pressed] his crotch against" David's buttocks. Money also forced the two children to strip for "genital inspections", occasionally taking photos. Money justified these acts by claiming that "childhood 'sexual rehearsal play'" was important for a "healthy adult gender identity".[4]

For several years, Money reported on Reimer's progress as the "John/Joan case", describing apparently successful female gender development and using this case to support the feasibility of sex reassignment and surgical reconstruction even in non-intersex cases. Notes by a former student at Money's laboratory state that, during the yearly follow-up visits, Reimer's parents routinely lied to staff about the success of the procedure. Reimer's twin brother, Brian, later developed schizophrenia.[22]"
Yes, tons of people who have shaped history, science, etc have been absolute scumbags. Nazis made scientific advancements too. The point is that that's what gender means, because you know all these people will cry about "how a man is a man, and that's a fact", despite not knowing the first thing about gender/sex beyond "xx and xy", which is like a middle school leveled interpretation of sex. They pretend to have the science and terminology on their side, and once you rip that away, it just reveals what they are really doing: hate speech out of emotional insecurity

Conservatives/confederates though don't contribute anything really though, because all important art is left leaning, and the right deny science and fact at every turn. (this is just a shot on the transphobes here, for fun)

No gay people allowed in your fort?

I don't even know who the fuck you are, so why do you think you matter, or that anyone cares what you say. Clearly they care, you got triggered by it, Ravager went off on a racist 70 year old grandpa at thanksgiving tirade, and people discussed it.

Sorry your mental fortitude isn't strong enough to handle people online saying stuff you don't like, small dick asf.
Jeez bud. Classic entitlement issues I see. I don't give a fuck what you do with your life or your time and I dont really care about your thoughts. Just stop derailing threads with this gender bullshit, you know there's people here who can't handle it and yet you still try to come in and make it your life goal to state Yamato is X instead of Y. It's a DF thread not "what gender do you think Yamato is" thread. Have some fucking respect for yourself mate. I don't think I matter, that's why I'm on a forum communicating with fucking trash like you lol

Jeez bud. Classic entitlement issues I see. I don't give a fuck what you do with your life or your time and I dont really care about your thoughts. Just stop derailing threads with this gender bullshit, you know there's people here who can't handle it and yet you still try to come in and make it your life goal to state Yamato is X instead of Y. It's a DF thread not "what gender do you think Yamato is" thread. Have some fucking respect for yourself mate. I don't think I matter, that's why I'm on a forum communicating with fucking trash like you lol
I don't think you know what the word entitlement means.

"Who can't handle it", sounds like a character flaw to me.

I'm sorry if you can't accept facts homie, sound slike you need to work on yourself.

Yes yes, keep being bitter and insulting me because you are uncomfortable with trans people, keep crying, your tears are delicious. Also let's be honest, you have nothing better to do, and you'd never have peace of mind till you go off on me, I take up your mind-space.

For fuck sake, can you actually read for a fucking second please.i have no issues with trans people, but clearly people do. Just make a fucking thread to bitch to all the transphobics about Yamato being a dude. Yeah character flaws are held by everyone, that's not a new concept. Doesn't mean either of you are right for going on this bullshit argument on a forum about a manga
And? Why should I care if people transphobic? Why should we respect their hate speech?

I'm right, because I'm not spewing hate speech, they are. You're also kind of at fault for equating me being smug to him being a transphobes, as if those are even comparable things.

He's wrong, and a bad person, and you're supporting that hate.

And? Why should I care if people transphobic? Why should we respect their hate speech?

I'm right, because I'm not spewing hate speech, they are. You're also kind of at fault for equating me being smug to him being a transphobes, as if those are even comparable things.

He's wrong, and a bad person, and you're supporting that hate.
I'm not supporting either of you. There wouldn't be hate speech if you didn't ruin the thread with this gender stuff. You bring it on yourself and wonder why people hate on you