Character Discussion Yamato is the damsel of this arc and you’re gonna be disappointed if you think otherwise...

Which princess does Yamato remind you of the most?

• Total voters

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
You are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Yamato is anything more than the princess/damsel of this arc. She’s following the exact same trends every other damsel is the series has:
-Wants to overthrow/defeat the main villain of the arc (Kaido)
-Is inspired by someone else for their motivations (Oden)
-Tries to fight the main villain of the arc but ends up getting saved by Luffy (Upcoming)

Vivi, Rebecca, and Shirahoshi (besides the fighting main villain thing) all follow this trend

When she gets her eventual clash with Kaido and she gets no diffed, she is gonna be on the ground crying and that’s when Luffy is gonna save her, I’m calling it
:kata:

All of your stupid bullet points apply to many One Piece characters besides the princesses you listed. They apply to the Scabbards. They apply to Law. To several of the Straw Hats in their recruitment arcs. You're so desperate to force the pattern that you took the preexisting one and trimmed it into something so generic as to be utterly meaningless

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I tend to be skeptical one way or another until there will be more robust evidence. There's some evidence regarding the power level general spectrum she might belong to nonetheless and her goals look clear cut for now either.

Funny to see how you contradict yourself in your own thread by saying none of the princess ever fought the main villain or thought they could handle them for themselves.

Yamato is more than a princess. Actually she has nothing to do with any princess at all. We already have a princess this arc and is called BItch Motherless Queen of Sluts Hiyori(I may have added something to her name, can't help myself).

If you wanna compare Yamato with someone the best that came up in my mind is Robin that were never truly sided by Crocodile and fought him at the end. Or maybe Franky that fought Luffy for some bullshit reason and became friends later on.

This is kind of off topic, but Jinbe and Luffy vs Akainu would be a great fight.
No doubt. Great for retribution purposes.
I see Luffy and Sabo defeating Akainu.
Most likely Jinbei takes the strongest fourth. :josad:
Idk if its an Admiral.

Fujitora Defects. Aokiji is Sword.
Luffy ~ Akainu
Zoro ~ Kizaru
Sanji ~ Greenbull
Jinbei~ Hidden Strong Combatant (like Jabra, WsW)