Speculations Yamato's "identity crisis" isn't what it seems to be

Hard to be well adjusted after being imprisoned for 20 years and having Ace as your only friend.
This is actually a good point. Its funny how people accuse her of having mental problems, yet not ever considering the mental state that Yamato is in because of her environment.

And Yamato isn't a isolated case either. We saw how hateful and distant Ace was because everyone just saw him as, Roger/ the devil's son.

We saw how of a split personality Pudding has, because of the long time she had to always put on a act for her mother Big Mom.

This is actually a good point. Its funny how people accuse her of having mental problems, yet not ever considering the mental state that Yamato is in because of her environment.

And Yamato isn't a isolated case either. We saw how hateful and distant Ace was because everyone just saw him as, Roger/ the devil's son.

We saw how of a split personality Pudding has, because of the long time she had to always put on a act for her mother Big Mom.
I suspect that Yamato didn't actually start saying "I am Oden" until the raid started, but even if they did, I doubt the Onigashima community is type to point out how weird it sounds. I also didn't consider Pudding or Ace... Pudding is a bit weird because she clearly knew how to be charming when she wanted to, she just had... a lot of other things going on because of the trauma.

you have a really good analysis.

but something bothered me... does the prophecy blantly said that "strong pirates would beat Kaido" ? i mean does it specifically said it was Kaido?

isnt the prophecy only about the strong figure(s) that will open the Wano's border?

you have a really good analysis.

but something bothered me... does the prophecy blantly said that "strong pirates would beat Kaido" ? i mean does it specifically said it was Kaido?

isnt the prophecy only about the strong figure(s) that will open the Wano's border?
Yeah, this is an important distinction. I'm gonna try to assemble all the details of the prophecy as we know it, but my recollection is that the journal says that "the New World would be overrun by strong pirates" and that somehow they would be involved in the opening of Wano. Either Oden, Yamato, or both are likely conflating beating Kaido with opening Wano. We also know that Wano should be open "before Joyboy appears", but there's something subtle here:
This is from Chapter 968, Page 8. The part about Wano needing to be open for Joyboy is spoken, not written, which would mean Yamato doesn't know it. This could be contributing to the confusion.

I suspect that Yamato didn't actually start saying "I am Oden" until the raid started, but even if they did, I doubt the Onigashima community is type to point out how weird it sounds. I also didn't consider Pudding or Ace... Pudding is a bit weird because she clearly knew how to be charming when she wanted to, she just had... a lot of other things going on because of the trauma.
True, Onigashima's invasion was Yamato's chance to fulfil the prophecy, so her starting the 'I'm Oden thing' when the raid happened makes perfect sense.

With the Pudding and Ace thing, i was just trying to make the point that readers sometimes don't realize that the reason why Oda writes characters the way he does is intentional and part of the characters history. He doesn't just try to write Yamato the way she is because Oda thinks its funny.

Maybe a better comparison would be Hody Jones? Who believed that it was his mission to eradicate humans and bring the fishman to rule the world just because a hatred and biased Arlong told him so when he was little? He admired Arlong and believed it was his job and destiny to do that.

Yamato meanwhile, is still careful in trying to fulfil Oden's prophecy. I think Yamato wants to clear Oden's name, and finish want oden started- but because she's doing as oden, she's careful as to not only just be herself and mistakenly do things that Oden would not do- because that wouldn't go along with oden's character and could change his image and qualities that he was always known for- it could jeopardize in rebuilding Oden's image.

True, Onigashima's invasion was Yamato's chance to fulfil the prophecy, so her starting the 'I'm Oden thing' when the raid happened makes perfect sense.

With the Pudding and Ace thing, i was just trying to make the point that readers sometimes don't realize that the reason why Oda writes characters the way he does is intentional and part of the characters history. He doesn't just try to write Yamato the way she is because Oda thinks its funny.

Maybe a better comparison would be Hody Jones? Who believed that it was his mission to eradicate humans and bring the fishman to rule the world just because a hatred and biased Arlong told him so when he was little? He admired Arlong and believed it was his job and destiny to do that.

Yamato meanwhile, is still careful in trying to fulfil Oden's prophecy. I think Yamato wants to clear Oden's name, and finish want oden started- but because she's doing as oden, she's careful as to not only just be herself and mistakenly do things that Oden would not do- because that wouldn't go along with oden's character and could change his image and qualities that he was always known for- it could jeopardize in rebuilding Oden's image.
I see what you mean now. Regarding your last point though, I feel it's important to remember that Yamato never even met Oden, just watched his execution and read what he wrote in his journal. He probably didn't write "Orochi only rose to power because I abandoned Wano when they needed me", he probably just wrote "this Kurozomi jerk pretended to be my friend then backstabbed me!"

Yeah, this is an important distinction. I'm gonna try to assemble all the details of the prophecy as we know it, but my recollection is that the journal says that "the New World would be overrun by strong pirates" and that somehow they would be involved in the opening of Wano. Either Oden, Yamato, or both are likely conflating beating Kaido with opening Wano. We also know that Wano should be open "before Joyboy appears", but there's something subtle here:
This is from Chapter 968, Page 8. The part about Wano needing to be open for Joyboy is spoken, not written, which would mean Yamato doesn't know it. This could be contributing to the confusion.
then, if it should be opened before Joyboy appears then Luffy is not a Joyboy? because as the prophecy says that he was only a "free man that helps strong pirates overcome Kaido and open Wano." and not a "open the border before Joyboy appears" itself? or is it a different person and prophecy? man i'm confused

then, if it should be opened before Joyboy appears then Luffy is not a Joyboy? because as the prophecy says that he was only a "free man that helps strong pirates overcome Kaido and open Wano." and not a "open the border before Joyboy appears" itself? or is it a different person and prophecy? man i'm confused
Kaido said "So you couldn't be Joyboy either", but the japanese ("お前も”ジョイボーイ”にはなれなかったか") is more like "so you couldn't become Joyboy either", so maybe Luffy will only become Joyboy once Wano opens?