Speculations Yin and Yang: The Nika Fruit was planned, and Blackbeard is the link.

So I was having a discussion with @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier about a panel that was introduced during the Skypiea Saga that spoke about "Anything man can imagine... Is a possibility in reality." Now I've had the same thought about the panel as him before, that it pretty much sums up how Devil Fruit's are created. On the flip side of that, when you really think about it, it also describes the abilities of the Nika Fruit perfectly as well, as it is the ability to turn imagination into reality. So he mentioned that it could possibly be a nod to both, and I said maybe Joyboy himself had a hand in the process of creating the Devil Fruits, and that's kind of when it hit me. Everything has to have a beginning.

So we know that Devil Fruits are the manifestation of people's desires. At some point (99.9 percent likely during the void century), people started manifesting these abilities, and one question that has been on the top of my mind, is why did these powers start remanifesting into fruits once the user dies? A person creates this power of their own volition, and somehow this power transfers to the nearest fruit, upon their death? How? This simplest answer is because Nika, who has the ability to turn imagination into reality, willed it as such. There needs to be an explanation for it. It can't just be "These powers just really like fruit, so they attach themselves upon the users death." or "Everyone who desires these abilities, also desires them to attach them to fruits when they die." That's just nonsensical, and there really isn't a whole lot of other options here.

So now that I have gotten that out of the way, let's get to the real meat and potatoes here. As you can tell from the title, there is something a lot of us have overlooked throughout all of this, and that key factor is Blackbeard. But what could Blackbeard possibly have to do with all of this? Well, that is also in the title. Yin and Yang. Two great opposite, but complimentary forces in the Cosmos. You can't have one, without the other.

Now we all know, that a long time ago, Oda revealed in an SBS that there are actually Devil Fruit's out there, that are inferior and superior to each other. So if we take the concept that devil fruits can actually be related to each other in some capacity, then wouldn't it also stand to reason that there could be two Devil Fruits related to each other, but also the polar opposite of each other?

So let's look at the Yami Yami no Mi. Outside of it being the embodiment of darkness, and being able to cause black holes, what is the most prominent ability of the fruit? That would be, the ability to take away the Devil Fruit abilities of any Devil Fruit user. Now what is the primary function behind the Nika Fruit? The ability to turn imagination into reality, aka, the very same concept of how devil fruits are created. One is the principle of creating devil abilities, and the other can completely nullify those abilities. Yin and Yang. When you think about it like that, then the fact that the Yami Yami no Mi, and the Gomu Gomu no Mi, look a hell of a lot alike, starts to make a whole lot more sense.

But I'm not done yet. So I established earlier that there is a possibility of Joyboy helping to established the creation of the Devil Fruits, so then wouldn't that mean, that the original user of the Yami Yami no Mi would have had to make some kind of contribution of their own? Remember, Yin and Yang..... Well, how do we explain why Devil Fruit users practically lose their abilities when submerged in sea water? It's basically the same exact effect as the Yami Yami no Mi, only slightly watered down. (Pun intended) One makes it so these abilities can live on through the generations, while the other makes it so these abilities come with a severe drawback. It balances it all out. If the original user of the Yami Yami no Mi was powerful enough, and his awakening was the ability to affect the surroundings, then this person could theoretically have used his ability to turn the entire Ocean against Devil Fruit users. We already know that there are some abilities out there that can't be undone, even after the user dies. This could be one of them.

At the end of the day, Oda seems to like to provide valid explanations for everything. Things don't just "happen". A tree didn't just magically start growing fruit with random special powers. There is a reason for it. And if there is a reason for that, then there should be a valid reason for why devil fruit users can't swim. "Mother Nature" really doesn't just "hate Devil Fruit users." Something caused that, and the Yami Yami no Mi, is looking mighty sus right about now.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
So I was having a discussion with @Monster Zoro's Tesla Supplier about a panel that was introduced during the Skypiea Saga that spoke about "Anything man can imagine... Is a possibility in reality." Now I've had the same thought about the panel as him before, that it pretty much sums up how Devil Fruit's are created. On the flip side of that, when you really think about it, it also describes the abilities of the Nika Fruit perfectly as well, as it is the ability to turn imagination into reality. So he mentioned that it could possibly be a nod to both, and I said maybe Joyboy himself had a hand in the process of creating the Devil Fruits, and that's kind of when it hit me. Everything has to have a beginning.

So we know that Devil Fruits are the manifestation of people's desires. At some point (99.9 percent likely during the void century), people started manifesting these abilities, and one question that has been on the top of my mind, is why did these powers start remanifesting into fruits once the user dies? A person creates this power of their own volition, and somehow this power transfers to the nearest fruit, upon their death? How? This simplest answer is because Nika, who has the ability to turn imagination into reality, willed it as such. There needs to be an explanation for it. It can't just be "These powers just really like fruit, so they attach themselves upon the users death." or "Everyone who desires these abilities, also desires them to attach them to fruits when they die." That's just nonsensical, and there really isn't a whole lot of other options here.

So now that I have gotten that out of the way, let's get to the real meat and potatoes here. As you can tell from the title, there is something a lot of us have overlooked throughout all of this, and that key factor is Blackbeard. But what could Blackbeard possibly have to do with all of this? Well, that is also in the title. Yin and Yang. Two great opposite, but complimentary forces in the Cosmos. You can't have one, without the other.

Now we all know, that a long time ago, Oda revealed in an SBS that there are actually Devil Fruit's out there, that are inferior and superior to each other. So if we take the concept that devil fruits can actually be related to each other in some capacity, then wouldn't it also stand to reason that there could be two Devil Fruits related to each other, but also the polar opposite of each other?

So let's look at the Yami Yami no Mi. Outside of it being the embodiment of darkness, and being able to cause black holes, what is the most prominent ability of the fruit? That would be, the ability to take away the Devil Fruit abilities of any Devil Fruit user. Now what is the primary function behind the Nika Fruit? The ability to turn imagination into reality, aka, the very same concept of how devil fruits are created. One is the principle of creating devil abilities, and the other can completely nullify those abilities. Yin and Yang. When you think about it like that, then the fact that the Yami Yami no Mi, and the Gomu Gomu no Mi, look a hell of a lot alike, starts to make a whole lot more sense.

But I'm not done yet. So I established earlier that there is a possibility of Joyboy helping to established the creation of the Devil Fruits, so then wouldn't that mean, that the original user of the Yami Yami no Mi would have had to make some kind of contribution of their own? Remember, Yin and Yang..... Well, how do we explain why Devil Fruit users practically lose their abilities when submerged in sea water? It's basically the same exact effect as the Yami Yami no Mi, only slightly watered down. (Pun intended) One makes it so these abilities can live on through the generations, while the other makes it so these abilities come with a severe drawback. It balances it all out. If the original user of the Yami Yami no Mi was powerful enough, and his awakening was the ability to affect the surroundings, then this person could theoretically have used his ability to turn the entire Ocean against Devil Fruit users. We already know that there are some abilities out there that can't be undone, even after the user dies. This could be one of them.

At the end of the day, Oda seems to like to provide valid explanations for everything. Things don't just "happen". A tree didn't just magically start growing fruit with random special powers. There is a reason for it. And if there is a reason for that, then there should be a valid reason for why devil fruit users can't swim. "Mother Nature" really doesn't just "hate Devil Fruit users." Something caused that, and the Yami Yami no Mi, is looking mighty sus right about now.
Good thread.

Another parallel between Nika and Blackbeard and why Marshal D. teach deserves to be the Final Villain....

It goes even deeper, because Blackbeard's other fruit symbolizes destruction while the Nika fruit symbolizes creation. Good thread.
Yes!

One is light, other is darkness

One symbolise creation, other destruction

One is symbol of strength and freedom, other takes away the strength (df negation)

One wants to be free, other wants to rule

In one piece, two things are often brought up - "D " as in half moon symbol and full moon.

Luffy is a D and Blackbeard is a D but opposite to each other like yin and yang.

These two Ds are so symbolic that they form the complete picture of Full Moon as a whole.

It goes even deeper, because Blackbeard's other fruit symbolizes destruction while the Nika fruit symbolizes creation. Good thread.
Great point. I was so focused on how Luffys fruit embodies the principle of creating devil fruits and Blackbeard's fruit embodies taking away those abilities, that I completely glossed over the Gura.
Post automatically merged:

Good thread.

Another parallel between Nika and Blackbeard and why Marshal D. teach deserves to be the Final Villain....

Yes!

One is light, other is darkness

One symbolise creation, other destruction

One is symbol of strength and freedom, other takes away the strength (df negation)

One wants to be free, other wants to rule

In one piece, two things are often brought up - "D " as in half moon symbol and full moon.

Luffy is a D and Blackbeard is a D but opposite to each other like yin and yang.

These two Ds are so symbolic that they form the complete picture of Full Moon as a whole.
I personally believe that Imu is a Red Herring, and was someone who was corrupted by power after the 20 Kingdoms over threw the Ancient Kingdom. The true villain was whoever was the leader of the Ancient Kingdom and will be Blackbeard's parallel. Joyboy was an outside factor. Oda loves doing things in threes.

Ancient Kingdom

20 Kingdoms

Joyboy and his companions.

Blackbeard for final villain is the way.

Last edited:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Great point. I was so focused on how Luffys fruit embodies the principle of creating devil fruits and Blackbeard's fruit embodies taking away those abilities, that I completely glossed over the Gura.
Post automatically merged:

I personally believe that Imu is a Red Herring, and was someone who was corrupted by power after the 20 Kingdoms over threw the Ancient Kingdom. The true villain was whoever was the leader of the Ancient Kingdom and will be Blackbeard's parallel. Joyboy was an outside factor. Oda loves doing things in threes.

Ancient Kingdom

20 Kingdoms

Joyboy and his companions.

Blackbeard for final villain is the way.
I have different idea

Ancient Kingdom scenario -

Ancient kingdom was mighty, prosperous and technologically advanced. There was freedom.

So, it's safe to assume that the ruler was benevolent and good - Joyboy

Blackbeard's Parallel - wanted to seize power for himself. To be the ruler.

World Scenario - World had only one ruler - ancient kingdom. And, only Ds can be the rulers of this kingdom.

Rest were just subsidiary. I think even if AK was good but 20 originally kings were against this as they were reduced to just feudal lords of some kinds. But they still followed the world order whereas Ds were seen as the Gods.

Nerona IMU - one of the 20 original king was in love with Lili - who fell in love with Joyboy. IMU was guided by his personal vengeance.

iMU somehow got hands over Ancient weapons and then he manipulated the 20 kingdoms to fight Ancient kingdom. Perhaps to have everything Ancient Kingdom had...or to seek vengeance against Joyboy

War broke out between Joyboy and Blackbeard parallel. Either IMu and 20 kingdoms seized this opportunity to get hands on ancient weapons to wipe both joyboy and Blackbeard parallel

or Blackbeard sided with IMu and others to overthrow Joyboy. Once Joyboy lost, IMU backstabbed Blackbeard's parallel.

Once AK lost, 20 kingdoms formed the World government so that they collectively can rule and with no one person/family being the ruler.... thus empty throne.

However, IMU backstabbed them as well and became a hidden world ruler

Even though Luffy vs BB will happen but I firmly believe BB will participate in war against IMU - either as an aid to Luffy or to backstab IMU to seize throne.

Last edited:
The Devil Fruits were created using Spirit Technology from the Ancient Kingdom.

This Spirit Technology doesn't abide by logic in the same way that God's don't abide by logic.

Lucci reminded us of this principle at the Reverie.

Normally, you can't take Life Force Energy from a person and put it into anything other than a familiar vessel.

The key was turning fruits into familiar vessels for Life Force Energy.

It can't be explained because it's not real science.

Last edited:
Imo I think imu might have ties into why devil fruit users can’t swim but it being tied to Blackbeard’s yami fruit would be interesting too

If it is tied to the yami I wonder if that means Blackbeard himself can swim
I do think by the end of the story we’re going to see luffy being able to swim which would be dope