Zhao's Hidden Demon: BA NAN JI - The Demon of Ganmon

Ba Nan Ji's peak?!

• Total voters
WHAAAAT IS POPPIN BOIS! Let's gooo, we back at it with the giant Kingdom character threads. So this thread is about a character that grew on my slowly after rereading the Shukai plains a few times and after having discussions about him on here. A character who is sort of overlooked in the vast Kingdom community (though not much on this forum since we've had pretty big discussion about him on here). So I wanted to make this thread to highlight the threat and the greatness of this character and how even though we talk about him on this forum, there are still aspects to him that are overlooked (even by myself until now).

BACKGROUND:

Bananji descent to the plains of China happened only recently after the Coalition arc. Prior to that he was serving in a region called Ganmon. Ganmon isn't some ordinary region you see. It's a region located in the border of Zhao-Xiongnu, where the war against them is rumored to have surpassed the warfare struggles of the plains of China, as described by the LT. of Ouhon's unit.

It was in this extreme warfare place that Riboku grew from being your normalish general to becoming a 3-great heaven & the prime minister of Zhao. The extreme nature of this location was greatly emphasized by Hara through Riboku in chapter 646 as well. During his conversation with Kaine Riboku asks her, how long it's been since they left Ganmon. Upon Kaine inquiring as to why he asked that, he tells her it's nothing but then goes on to highlight the sheer despair and hopelessness he's currently in, where he feels completely lost and just doesn't know what to do anymore. With the Qin at their doorsteps, with the Zhao monarchy hunting him down.. in such a despair situation.

He ends this by saying, he now feels somewhat weary.

The last time he felt like this was at the place called Ganmon. Hence, chapter 646 was titled: "Not Since Ganmon"

That's how extreme the conditions of that place were. And who out of all the generals in China was there this entire time other than the great Riboku? Bananji.

Not only did he survive for decades there and grew into becoming a general, but he became an entity that was feared even by the Xiongnu, just like Riboku was. This is one of the most fearsome backgrounds out of any character in the entire manga.

Now let's get into his prowess as a general in martial might & strategy.

MARTIAL MIGHT:

HYPE:

Bananji's first martial might hype is a comparison to the two figures who were considered the epitome of Zhao's martial might when they were active in Zhao, Renpa & Kashibou.

After that he gets hyped up for his insane hand to hand prowess of being able to take down Xiongnu leaders with just his fists. The only general in the series I can recall who had his hand to hand skills hyped up like that:

Bananji's martial might is to such an extent that even the Xiongnu started calling him a Demon.

Not just that even Ousen, argued as the top Qin strategist, was used to hype up Bananji's martial prowess. Not just that it exceeded Ousen's predictions even after 10+ days of fighting, but that it could be described only as "OVERPOWERING". With Hara focusing even Ousen's awe/shock at Bananji's sight of martial prowess. The biggest hype on the Zhao side for martial prowess outside of Houken in this war.

Feats:

Bananji vs Ouhon:

In Bananji vs Ouhon some end up viewing this as them being equals or w.e, but reality of the situation was completely different. Ouhon from the very start of the clash starts giving his all against Bananji. Which even makes his underlings comment on how the last time they saw him like that was against the Earl:

Now Bananji spent most of their time just on the defensive. But it wasn't because Ouhon was stronger or that Bananji was inferior to Ouhon overall in martial might. It was the simple fact Bananji was inexperienced against strong spearweilders, while Ouhon had experience against strong Glaive wielders.

Bananji then continues to comment that after a few more exchanges he'd get the hang of it.
But his underling points out that they don't have as much time as they believed:

Which then forces Bananji to change the fight into a hand to hand combat. Where he without no issue at all demounts Ouhon from his horse. To Ouhon's credit he dodges Bananji's initial punch and makes some distant between them. Akou then makes it just in time to help out Ouhon.. But in this clash we had a fairly casual Bananji taking all of attacks from a very serious Ouhon, without getting a single scratch despite being inexperienced against strong spearweilders, then proceeding to change the clash to hand to hand when he felt like it.

Akou vs Bananji #1:

Right as Bananji was focused on Ouhon, Akou was coming at him on the horse. But Bananji's underling throws him the glaive just in time. Resulting in this clash here:

Leaving Ouhon , Ouhon's Lt, and Akou stunned

Why stunned? because Bananji not only reacted on time to Akou's attack and clashed on par. But despite being at a huge disadvantage in terms of Horseback vs On foot, Bananji was able to give Akou a similar scar on his cheek that Akou gave Bananji. Highlighting the gap between Bananji & Akou.

Gyou'un & Bananji vs Akou:

In this clash Bananji's "normal" mood prowess is established as being the same Gyou'un's. In their first attack together at Akou, both get deflected and result is the same for both of em. Absolutely no difference:

Then when they attack again, the results of how Akou received their blows is also the same:

Here again, normal state Bananji & Gyou'un showcasing the same results against Akou. Both delivering the same amount of damage/impact on Akou. Gyou'un gets blocked, Bananji attacks torso. Bananji gets blocked Gyou'un attacks his back, repeat and rinse.

Then when both attack Akou who couldn't defend himself.. the results of their attacks is the same, absolutely no difference. Continuing to establish normal state Bananji ~ Gyou'un.

Akou throws one last desperate swing all he had remaining and ends up breaking Bananji's helmet.

After getting that little wound Bananji smiles like crazy and essentially knocks out Akou for good.

That swing from Bananji only being a reflex swing.

The only reason it was Bananji who got his helmet broken and not Gyou'un was simply due to where they were standing. Bananji was standing on the side which Akou used to wield his glaive. Gyou'un was on the opposite side. Since even after that both Bananji & Gyou'un miss Akaknin together, Hara continuing to establish normal Bananji & Gyou'un being on par with each other, with Gyou'un taking out 4 normal soldiers with 1 swing, and Bananji taking out 4 normal soldiers with 1 swing, right after that Akou incident:

Something which only continues in the stats with normal state Bananji & Gyou'un both getting 94.
This fight established Bananji in his "normal state" to be of the level as somebody like Gyou'un. Reason why I state "normal state" is because Bananji is stated to grow in prowess dependent on the conditions. And throughout the entire Shukai plains he wasn't able to get out of his "normal state" because he didn't feel the exhiliration against the Qin that he felt against the Xiongnu. Which is also pointed out on his stat sheet with the comment: "couldn't get out of normal state". Something highlighted by Riboku himself and then criticized by Kaine.

Against Ousen's HQ:

Now near the end of the war Bananji had started to get out of his normal state (started to, but didn't). Where he displayed such overwhelming might that it not only shook Ousen & his HQ, but also even somebody like Futei.

If you may remember how Gyou'un got his huge hype against Akou's underling who was utilizing various tactics and tricks to stop Gyou'un. Bananji did that same feat but against Ousen's HQ, filled with direct underlings of Ousen himself. They couldn't do shit about him.

IMO, Bananji at the Shukai Plains really established himself as the top combatant of Zhao after Houken in his normal state. With being the most hyped combatant of Zhao by end of the war against none other than the Qin Commander himself, Ousen. Yet despite that... we have yet to see his true martial prowess of why even the monsterious/wild/ferocious Xiongnu came to call him the Demon.

STRATEGY:

Now this is really the more overlooked side of Bananji. Him being somebody of great stratigical prowess. There is no division of hype/feats in this, but will be going through everything as it happened in chronological order.

Starting at the battle of that wing starts with Bananji & CHG both sharing similar gameplans for the battle.

But Bananji then proceeds to surprise even CHG with his timing into the battlefield:

Bananji utilizes this strategy right off, which then leads CHG to comment on Bananji having a sharp eye for tactics:

Ouhon then tries to counter this by coming in and isolating Bananji, which Akou follows up on by trying to pincer Bananji.
Bananji counters this by turning around and going after Ouhon, which ofc leads to the Akou/Ouhon/Bananji confrontation, which leads to Bananji's other force coming in to hit the Qin. It is then again when CHG comments on Bananji having a well understanding of warfare.

Keep in mind who CHG is here. He is the guy who Ousen considered to be more crucial than even somebody like Gyou'un when it came to generals for Zhao, and of course CHG being big strategist out of RSJ's 10 heroes. So somebody like CHG commenting on Bananji's strategical prowess is a huge testament.

After the hype train for Bananji by CHG himself. Riboku comes in to the fold for that wing in order to help them break Akou's formation that he got from Ousen. And the person who Riboku chooses to pick for this task is none other Bananji, finding him the most suitable to carry out in breaking Akou's formation. Akou had spent years in mastering that formation. Bananji on the other hand proceeded to destroy it the moment he found out about it's understanding and weakness. This again highlighted Bananji's ability to process information and implementing the said information onto the battlefield at very short time.

On the final day at Shukai Plains, Bananji saw that the Qin had the momentum going for them, and decided to pull back.
With a strategy in mind he had also ordered for the message to be passed down to Gyou'un.

Bananji here gets hype for being good with tactics from Karyo Ten. She thought his reasoning was to stay a threat so that when the Qin right wing goes for the pincer on Riboku, their forces would be cut in half.

However, Gyou'un still haunted/deluded by his master's words proceeded to ignore Bananji's borders and decided to go after Ouhon while being injured af. In which he not only utilized his own army but also the Chougaryuu army.. Something that would end in a massive failure.

Had Gyou'un fallen back like Bananji had ordered along with the rest of the army. The Qin Right wing would've been royally fucked up. Even when Bananji went on the pincer, Gyou'un would've been able to command Zhao's wing along with the remaining forces in making sure Qin can't commit their entire wing. Yet due to the decision of going after Ouhon, Zhao lost massive number of their forces in CHG & Gyou'un Armies + a commander Gyou'un. Meaning after Bananji left for his pincer, that wing had no commander and was essentially pointless. This was a massive reason behind that wing's loss, Qin sort of catching a lucky break. (Though some have also argued CHG could've escaped as well if he wasn't into the dreams non-sense, with getting into his emotions).

But after the battle at Shukai plains came to an end, you all may recall that Kouchou made the strategical decision to recall all the Zhao forces back once Riboku had been captured. You see Hara had subtly added in a small bubble to hype up Bananji here as well. Because Bananji sent a messenger to Kochou to ask the very samething that Kouchou came to.

Not only that Bananji also had the foresight for how long Zhao could hold out without Riboku and them, despite knowing about Kouchou and armies of Kantan's prowess... and.. he was pretty close to being 100% on point lol.

So IMO, as a strategist in Bananji you have somebody who is on the prowess of somebody like CHG and potentially even higher on par with the likes of Kouchou. And this is really the aspect I wanted to highlight. While I don't think Riboku made a mistake in not naming him the commander of that wing, since it was still his first big war in the plains. I do think that wing would've benefitted from having Bananji as the big commander rather than 4 equal commanders, which would've really allowed Bananji to shine as a strategist. But I expect that to be the case in the next Big Zhao all Qin vs Zhao campaign.

Sidenote: It's not just Riboku who figured out Kanki's weakness. Keisha/SSJ/Bananji did as well.

Upgrade over Houken & Riboku's TRUE Right-hand man:

While I can't say that Martially Ba Nan Ji is a full upgrade over Houken. I do want to say that there is a possibility of that happening. That possibility comes from a statement made by Kaine. Kaine being somebody who knows how powerful Houken is very well, makes the statement that no one can stop Bananji once he gets serious. And this statement came at a time where Bananji was starting to get out of his "normal state":

Kaine described Houken's strength as being overwhelming. Which is similar the description given to the strength of Bananji by the narrator.

So I won't say for now that Bananji at his peak is above Houken, but fairly close to Houken's level. But what really makes him an upgrade over Houken is the fact he has that overwhelming martial prowess + can lead armies effectively. Where as with Houken, Riboku was fairly limited in his utilization in only martially. With Bananji we saw it ourselves in the Shukai plains. Riboku had Bananji strategically break apart Akou's Ousen-based tactics. Then used Bananji again against Ousen in the pincer, similar to how he used Houken against the Duke & Gekishin. He's a MASSIVE upgrade over Houken.

The other important reason is because he is really Riboku's right hand man:

Where did Riboku earn his fame & grew into being somebody who could rival the likes of Ouki & Renpa? Ganmon.
Who was the prominent person outside of Riboku in Ganmon? Bananji, the Demon of Ganmon.
Bananji was the deputy that grew into great prowess alongside Riboku's stay at Ganmon. Bananji under Riboku went through those insane hardships against the Xiongnu. No other deputy/general under Riboku has such a bond with Riboku.

Hara makes sure to make Bananji stand out among his vassals, when Riboku comes to Qin:

The two right behind Riboku are his newly introduced Vassals. But even out of SSJ & Bananji, the closest to Riboku is Bananji.

When Orodo going to Seika was revealed to Riboku in the meeting, the main reactions we see is Bananji & Riboku's:

Then when the news about Qin forces changing targest is brought up the main reactions we see is again Riboku & Bananji (despite Kisui and etc still being there).

Bananji then during Riboku's escape even served the shield & sword to allow Riboku and co to escape safely, when he battled the armies of Kantan, despite being heavily outnumbered.

The close bond between the two is greatly highlighted in their interaction where Bananji teases Riboku about him losing his nerve, and both share a laugh with each other about it and Riboku jesting back himself.

Then when SSJ puts out some potential plans, Bananji just stands with a smile on his face.

Only until after Riboku reveals the plan that Bananji comes in to reaffirm Futei about Riboku's plan. Implying that Bananji had already figured that Riboku would be choosing to stay low.

Then the end of that entire convo is Bananji hyping up Riboku's return, and Riboku basically restating what Bananji stated.
There is a unique bond that exists between Riboku & Bananji, that simply does not exist between the rest of his deputies. This bond that was forged in the region of Ganmon, where both individuals grew to their tremendous prowess.

This is why imo Bananji is an upgrade over Houken for the Riboku army and is Riboku's true right hand man.

ZHAO's FINAL BIG THREE PREDICTION:

This leads me to my last point regarding Bananji. I believe he will be 1 of the the 3 most important generals on the Zhao side in the final campaign. Bananji has a connection with Shibashou, being the one who explained how he turned down being a Zhao 3.

Then upon hearing about Riboku getting the OK from Shibashou, Bananji was grinning like all hell.

Riboku, Strongest Three Heaven in history
Shibashou, The Tiger of Seika
Bananji, The Demon of Ganmon

Now personally I hope the official "big 3" of Zhao is Shibashou/Bananji/Futei, with Riboku being the overseer of the big 3. Since I do want Futei to reach that Zhao 3 heaven level before the end of Zhao. However, if Futei fails, then the above will be the Final Zhao 3, imo.

PS: I apologize for some parts that might seem like cutoffs, had to remove pics from there since I had over 60+ pics in the thread x_x.

Last edited:
Kisui has more chances to reach zhao three great heaven level or close to it than Futei tbh. Among the two major things Riboku with his team discovered were Kanki's weakness and the hidden potential Kisui.

Hara will elevate him at some point just like how Kanki's weakness will come into play at somw point.

Bananji and Shunsuiju will remain within the Riboku army as his top tier generals, just some other great generals have some top tier vassals (Akou, Zenou etc).

Very detailed and well written analysis. I do hope that Ba Nan Ji and Shi Ba Shou will become Great Heavens along sides Ri Boku. They are the only true fearful generals left in Zhao I find.

Fu Tei is simply too inexperienced and one dimensional at the moment to become a Zhao Great Heavens anytime soon, before Zhao falls or somehow manages to repel Qin that is.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Bananji is great and often underestimated. But he is not 3 Heaven material. Just look the other Heavens : Renpa, RSJ Houken and Riboku. 3 absolute top tiers general and the strongest martial character in Kingdom.

About strong deputy or GG it’s hard to choose. Riboku said that if Akou hadn’t sworn loyalty to Ousen he could have been suprem commander of an army : so more or less a GG.

And GG level is wide : you have guys like Chou Tou and Mougou or Chou Katsu and guys like Ouki Renpa or Riboku.

So overall I think BNJ is « only » monsters deputy / low level GG.

Bananji is great and often underestimated. But he is not 3 Heaven material. Just look the other Heavens : Renpa, RSJ Houken and Riboku. 3 absolute top tiers general and the strongest martial character in Kingdom.

About strong deputy or GG it’s hard to choose. Riboku said that if Akou hadn’t sworn loyalty to Ousen he could have been suprem commander of an army : so more or less a GG.

And GG level is wide : you have guys like Chou Tou and Mougou or Chou Katsu and guys like Ouki Renpa or Riboku.

So overall I think BNJ is « only » monsters deputy / low level GG.
As you said, looking at the Zhao 3GH historically or every generals in Kingdom, then Ba Nan Ji's ceiling is only what position he's currently at, a Deputy/GG.

But I think when only comparing within Zhao at the moment, and considering their current situation, Ba Nan Ji is deserving of the 3GH title. The same also applies to Shun Siu Ju, but his lack of implied martial might puts him below Ba Nan Ji.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Very detailed and well written analysis. I do hope that Ba Nan Ji and Shi Ba Shou will become Great Heavens along sides Ri Boku. They are the only true fearful generals left in Zhao I find.

Fu Tei is simply too inexperienced and one dimensional at the moment to become a Zhao Great Heavens anytime soon, before Zhao falls or somehow manages to repel Qin that is.
I'd argue that Kisui is also a possible candidate for a Zhao Great Heaven, but I doubt he will become one tbh.

Upgrade over Houken & Riboku's TRUE Right-hand man:

While I can't say that Martially Ba Nan Ji is a full upgrade over Houken. I do want to say that there is a possibility of that happening. That possibility comes from a statement made by Kaine. Kaine being somebody who knows how powerful Houken is very well, makes the statement that no one can stop Bananji once he gets serious. And this statement came at a time where Bananji was starting to get out of his "normal state":

Kaine described Houken's strength as being overwhelming. Which is similar the description given to the strength of Bananji by the narrator.

So I won't say for now that Bananji at his peak is above Houken, but fairly close to Houken's level. But what really makes him an upgrade over Houken is the fact he has that overwhelming martial prowess + can lead armies effectively. Where as with Houken, Riboku was fairly limited in his utilization in only martially. With Bananji we saw it ourselves in the Shukai plains. Riboku had Bananji strategically break apart Akou's Ousen-based tactics. Then used Bananji again against Ousen in the pincer, similar to how he used Houken against the Duke & Gekishin. He's a MASSIVE upgrade over Houken.

The other important reason is because he is really Riboku's right hand man:

Where did Riboku earn his fame & grew into being somebody who could rival the likes of Ouki & Renpa? Ganmon.
Who was the prominent person outside of Riboku in Ganmon? Bananji, the Demon of Ganmon.
Bananji was the deputy that grew into great prowess alongside Riboku's stay at Ganmon. Bananji under Riboku went through those insane hardships against the Xiongnu. No other deputy/general under Riboku has such a bond with Riboku.

Hara makes sure to make Bananji stand out among his vassals, when Riboku comes to Qin:

The two right behind Riboku are his newly introduced Vassals. But even out of SSJ & Bananji, the closest to Riboku is Bananji.

When Orodo going to Seika was revealed to Riboku in the meeting, the main reactions we see is Bananji & Riboku's:
Then when the news about Qin forces changing targest is brought up the main reactions we see is again Riboku & Bananji (despite Kisui and etc still being there).

Bananji then during Riboku's escape even served the shield & sword to allow Riboku and co to escape safely, when he battled the armies of Kantan, despite being heavily outnumbered.
The close bond between the two is greatly highlighted in their interaction where Bananji teases Riboku about him losing his nerve, and both share a laugh with each other about it and Riboku jesting back himself.

Then when SSJ puts out some potential plans, Bananji just stands with a smile on his face.

Only until after Riboku reveals the plan that Bananji comes in to reaffirm Futei about Riboku's plan. Implying that Bananji had already figured that Riboku would be choosing to stay low.

Then the end of that entire convo is Bananji hyping up Riboku's return, and Riboku basically restating what Bananji stated.
There is a unique bond that exists between Riboku & Bananji, that simply does not exist between the rest of his deputies. This bond that was forged in the region of Ganmon, where both individuals grew to their tremendous prowess.

This is why imo Bananji is an upgrade over Houken for the Riboku army and is Riboku's true right hand man.
I agree with pretty much everything in this post. (Excellent thread btw)>

Houken was basically a hard to control weapon that Riboku directed at his enemies, and Bananji is not only a martial beast, but a capable strategist a good leader, a symbol of Zhao's martial strength, and someone Riboku shares a personal connection with. I wouldn't be surprised if Bananji appears in a major role in Riboku's flashback.

Like, imagine if you were a Zhao soldier. Would you rather your commander be a smart, strong, experienced, trustworthy like Bananji or an angsty bushin with a leadership stat lower than an ape?

ZHAO's FINAL BIG THREE PREDICTION:

This leads me to my last point regarding Bananji. I believe he will be 1 of the the 3 most important generals on the Zhao side in the final campaign. Bananji has a connection with Shibashou, being the one who explained how he turned down being a Zhao 3.

Then upon hearing about Riboku getting the OK from Shibashou, Bananji was grinning like all hell.

Riboku, Strongest Three Heaven in history
Shibashou, The Tiger of Seika
Bananji, The Demon of Ganmon

Now personally I hope the official "big 3" of Zhao is Shibashou/Bananji/Futei, with Riboku being the overseer of the big 3. Since I do want Futei to reach that Zhao 3 heaven level before the end of Zhao. However, if Futei fails, then the above will be the Final Zhao 3, imo.

I'm interested in learning about Shibashou's backstory and relationship with Riboku. Do you think it's a possibility he served in Ganmon in the past?

I would bet on the final Zhao general hierarchy being like this:

Riboku/Shibashou.

Bananji/Shunsuiju/Kisui/Shibashou's strong subordinates. (Chouhaku?)

Futei/Rihaku/Kousonryuu.

I don't think Bananji will ever stop being Riboku's primary vassal, especially with all the connections they seem to have to each other.

iirc Bananji is probably in his late 30s-40s, he only looks old in black and white. So he probably does have some room for growth. (He probably isn't that experienced against plains warfare since he spent most of his time in Ganmon.

I'm interested in learning about Shibashou's backstory and relationship with Riboku. Do you think it's a possibility he served in Ganmon in the past?

I would bet on the final Zhao general hierarchy being like this:

Riboku/Shibashou.

Bananji/Shunsuiju/Kisui/Shibashou's strong subordinates. (Chouhaku?)

Futei/Rihaku/Kousonryuu.

I don't think Bananji will ever stop being Riboku's primary vassal, especially with all the connections they seem to have to each other.

iirc Bananji is probably in his late 30s-40s, he only looks old in black and white. So he probably does have some room for growth. (He probably isn't that experienced against plains warfare since he spent most of his time in Ganmon.
Well it's gotta be something that connect Bananji-Riboku-Shibashou together. Shibashou is in the east, Ganmon is in the north. But I reckon there's a possibility that Shibashou had some participation in Ganmon which is how Riboku & Bananji got acquainted with him OR he was a lowkey figure similar to how Ousen & Kanki were under Mougou. Since even the dudes from Wei recognize Shibashou's prowess, though idk if they were referring to the recent Yan invasion he stopped or something else when they mentioned "hordes".

Well let's look at Qin's greatest general so far: Ouki. His top vassal was Tou, who was a Qin 6 level individual.
Zhao's previous greatest general: Renpa. He had a vassal general named Genpo who could be a Chief of Military for any state, easily GG level. Then you had Kashibou who was even above that Genpou.
One of Riboku's top vassals Keisha was considered close to being a Zhao 3 and was going up against Kanki a Qin 6.
SSJ in the last campaign was assigned to go up against Yotanwa a Qin 6.

Bananji is being portrayed as Riboku's top vassal that grew alongside Riboku during the years Riboku spent in Ganmon where Riboku grew into being a Zhao 3 level person. Riboku who is recognized as the strongest of the Zhao 3 in history. I don't see anything wrong with his strongest deputy who was the primary guy during Riboku's harshest time as a general, Ganmon. And now again is Riboku's primary guy in Riboku's harshest time since leaving Ganmon. Such an underling of a guy who's easily the greatest general alive right now, being a Zhao 3 level at his peak, only makes sense to me personally.

Especially when you look at his strategical potential (which I rate anywhere between CGR - Kouchou) & his martial prowess (anywhere between Gyou'un - Houken, I'd bet on it being superior to Renpa by the time he peaks out during the final Zhao invasion), combine that with leadership he already has.

I was pointing to Rayan in our convo in the profile regarding his martial prowess, that Bananji had fought on the battlefield for 13 days prior to that pincer attack on Ousen. Ousen was receiving all of the reports regarding them and so on, since even Mouten knew about Bananji's prowess. Yet, when Bananji started to get out of his "normal state" what happened? The great strategist Ousen's expectations were completely blown away. Meaning when Bananji was doing that pincer attack where he was decimating Ousen's HQ where Ousen's personal tactics are deployed, Bananji was showcasing Martial Might at a much higher level than anything he showcased anytime before that. And we know from that stat sheet, that even during that time he still wasn't completely out of his "normal state". Like based on the info he'd have Ousen could've atleast assumed he was relative to Ouhon or Gyou'un and etc, but nah Bananji's prowess just getting out of his normal state was something exceeded the predictions of not just any strategist but EVEN Ousen. Like bro I can't stress how big of a martial hype this is, nobody in the Zhao side at Shukai plains has anything on this martial hype. I'd argue outside of Shin, nobody else got this much hype martially at Shukai plains.

I mean a character who's martial might left even Ousen in shock despite 13+ days worth of info.. like that's easily GG lvl / Zhao 3 level potential at peak to me.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Bananji's first martial might hype is a comparison to the two figures who were considered the epitome of Zhao's martial might when they were active in Zhao, Renpa & Kashibou.
I will not let you forget Xione Dono

There isn’t anybody from Zhao during Renpa’s era of warfare that has this level of hype. Additionally, there is one other character in Zhao at the moment outside of Shibashou who is stronger than Bananji (you must catch up lol).

But so, Bananji. I think as a warrior he could reach Gaimou or Renpa level in the end, but I doubt he’s going to be a General on par with Shibashou. I highly doubt he’ll be 3GH level in the end overall.

I will not let you forget Xione Dono

There isn’t anybody from Zhao during Renpa’s era of warfare that has this level of hype. Additionally, there is one other character in Zhao at the moment outside of Shibashou who is stronger than Bananji (you must catch up lol).
Lee-Dono we have already gone through this. You believe this means he was the top dog of Zhao martially. I believe this simply pointed out him being one of the people who represented Zhao's martial might during that era. No different than Shin being stated to have represented Qin's martial might for his fight against Houken during the coalition arc. Ahhh Lee-dono why must you make recall to those fun long discussion of ours.

AHAHA, yooo nah bruh you're not gonna get me on board with that Roided gymnastic mf. :yasu: But we def. gone have a discussion on that mf next year for sure.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Lee-Dono we have already gone through this. You believe this means he was the top dog of Zhao martially. I believe this simply pointed out him being one of the people who represented Zhao's martial might during that era. No different than Shin being stated to have represented Qin's martial might for his fight against Houken during the coalition arc. Ahhh Lee-dono why must you make recall to those fun long discussion of ours.
Hara: “Gyou’Un was the martial might of Zhao”

Xione: “This means he was only one of the martial mights of Zhao!”

Shin: “The last time I felt a blow as heavy as Gyou’Un, it was probably Gaimou…and Gaimou’s strength is exactly the same as Renpa’s…”

Xione: “Shin said probably so it’s not true!!”

I will never excuse you for this level of anti-Gyou’Un bias
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

AHAHA, yooo nah bruh you're not gonna get me on board with that Roided gymnastic mf. :yasu: But we def. gone have a discussion on that mf next year for sure.
If you think my Gyou’Un wank is bad, you have yet to even feel a fraction of my respect for Dumpling Sama

Credit to @mad monk

Hara: “Gyou’Un was the martial might of Zhao”

Xione: “This means he was only one of the martial mights of Zhao!”

Shin: “The last time I felt a blow as heavy as Gyou’Un, it was probably Gaimou…and Gaimou’s strength is exactly the same as Renpa’s…”

Xione: “Shin said probably so it’s not true!!”

I will never excuse you for this level of anti-Gyou’Un bias
( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

Credit to @mad monk
I still don't know why you think I have something against Gyou'un. :pepehands: Man you really gone have people thinking I hate Gyou'un or something lmaoo.

Hara: The man who once wore the MANTLE that represented Zhao's martial might

Lee: "Gyou'Un was the martial might of Zhao"

You see how there's a big difference in what you said and what that side. Multiple people can wear the mantle that represents Zhao's martial might. Surely you're not gonna say that Moubu didn't show China Qin's martial might when he beat Kanmei and only Shin did when he injured Houken? Even though Shin is the only one stated to have done that in the Coalition arc.... Unless that is exactly what you think. :sadgrin:

Ahh my brudda Lee the more you question Bananji's superiority, the more information regarding superiority is revealed.

Houken - spends years training hidden before coming to the Shukai plains to reveal his martial might on the last day
Bananji - spends 13 days fighting on the frontlines displaying his prowess

Hara: "Bananji is Riboku's hidden strength"

The strength of the man recognized as the strongest heaven in history. :finally:

Kaine - sees Houken's various clashes personally, from his fight against Ouki to Shin.
Kaine: "When Bananji gets serious, no one can stop him!"

Bananji > Bayou & Coalition Houken
:finally:

Lee - Impressed by some old fodder from Akou's squad thinking greatly of Gyou'un's martial might
Same Lee - Doesn't think much of Ousen himself being blown away by Bananji's martial might.
Old fodder under Akou > Ousen? :madmonk:

Old fodder calls Akou's might "inhuman"
The entire Xiongnu beasts call Bananji "demon"
Lee - more impressed with inhuman.
:pepehands:

Ousen The Great, who Lee-dono holds as Qin's best strategist, the man who even predicted the awakening of HSU. The man who was able to predict Riboku's various moves. After the info of 13 days on Bananji, detailed enough that Mouten even knew where he stood against him based on the reports, reports that included Bananji having a similar performance as Gyou'un against Akou, reports of Bananji damaning Akou while being at a disadvantage of horseback vs foot, the reports of Bananji changing the style of battle against Ouhon the moment he felt like it. Basically information of everything that normal fans think Bananji is close to Gyou'un... The mighty Ousen had all that information. That mighty Ousen was not only in awe/shook at the sight of Bananji getting more serious now. BUT even had his prediction regarding Bananji's strength completely broken, and not just marginally, but by whole level(s).

Getting hyped by some random fodder geezer under Akou's army
vs
Having Ousen himself be used as a tool to hype up your martial might

Though I guess always possible that old geezer was superior to Ousen in secret. :myman:

- Strength of the Strongest Heaven in History
- Considered unstoppable by those who know him and witnessed Houken's martial might
- Blew away the predictions of Qin's top strategist with his martial might
- Held as a demon by the Xiongnu, individuals feared by the plains of China
- Gyou'un Bestie, CGR, fanboying over Bananji for his martial might & strategical prowess

This explains why Hara wrote "ONCE wore it", because Bananji came up and snatched that biiitch and started rocking it better.

My brudda Lee the blades of Bananji's might only continue to sharpen the more you question his superiority over Gyou'un. Zhao ushers in a new era, you must be on board with the individual who represents the power of the greatest general to have existed in Zhao's history. Come my brudda join us and embrace the Demon of Ganmon. We await with open arms.