Future Events Zoro’s final fight will be his best and most meaningful fight in the series

Will Oda make Zoro’s final fight the climax of Zoro’s story in the series?

• No, it will just be regular clean up duty like Zoro vs King

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Yes, Zoro’s final fight has to carry the weight of the 1200 chapters of Zoro’s existence

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
I don’t know why this is a very hard thing to grasp. People genuinely think Zoro will have basically the climactic fight of his life like hundreds of chapters before the story ends. Like after Zoro’s most impactful fight, he will spend like the last 150 chapters of the story just fighting random goons and doing clean up for Luffy against the riff raff luffy doesn’t have Time to low diff.

who writes a story like this? I mean I guess Oda according to some people. They believe the most interesting thing that can happen to a character should happen mid way to the end and then the story just goes on with that character doing nothing of value to himself or have much relevance that no one else can do it.

i know I know, some people are banking on Oda introducing like extra Zoro lore that can somehow make it whatever they imagine MORE interesting and impactful that the last 1111 chapters of the Zoro lore we already had and that this will justify the climax they want somehow mattering more to Zoro than the shit Zoro already cares about. So good luck to y’all.

I just know that however bad Oda gets as a writer, he cannot bring himself to not make the final fights of all the strawhats the most impactful fights of their individual stories. It would be beyond awkward like post Usopp becoming a brave warrior of the sea, his final fight is instead him just getting better observation haki or something. Imagine that, we see the fight that makes Usopp achieve his dream conclusively and then the story goes on for 200 more chapters where usopp’s final fight is just about “Snipe good, Snipe better”

All his Main Fights had a Purpose

Hatchan Fight --- Weapon Lesson
Mr. 1 Fight --- Lethality Lesson
Ohm Fight --- Strength/Power Lesson (Strong Blade)
Kaku Fight --- Technique/Fighting-Style Lesson
Zombie Ryuma Fight --- Speed Lesson (Gentle Blade)

Hyouzou Fight --- CoO Lesson
Pica Fight --- CoA Lesson
King Fight --- CoC Lesson
Upcoming Fight --- ???
Mihawk Fight --- Final Lesson

They represent Recipe that defines "Swordsmanship" & what it requires to be "Greatest Duelist"
The Rest are just Hype Tools or Teasers or Filler or needed for a Sub-Plot

The anime will do him justice like they did in the Zoro vs Killer fight, but the manga is not good with fights, I don't think Oda has it in him to make a good Zoro vs Mihawk battle, he doesn't even draw swordsman vs swordsman much

he doesn't even draw swordsman vs swordsman much
It doesn’t even have to be well drawn… It just has to MEAN SOMETHING in the narrative… like Zoro as a character has to care about it the most and it should require something specific of Zoro’s character for the narrative to be complete

Oda can draw fights to save his life, but at the very least he can fake emotions on his characters to make the fights vaguely meaningful

and after 1200 chapters, Zoro’s last fucking fight BETTER BE MEANINGFUL
Post automatically merged:

We always expect this from any manga last fights but look JJK :suresure:
@Herrera95
I’m not talking about hype

Oda’s ability to generate hype for anyone but Nika wank has been displayed to be lacklustre

I don’t think Zoro’s final fight will have the Sakuna Gojo Hype

It will probably not even be well drawn since Oda doesn’t know how to draw sword fights anymore and his art is shit in general

I’m just saying Zoro will CARE ABOUT IT MORE… Zoro’s last fight can’t be a random guy who only exists because he’s the subordinate of the guy Luffy is fighting and that’s the entire reason Zoro is fighting him

that’s patently absurd. Especially when it comes Zoro, the only character whose entire purpose is combat… That Oda can’t scrounge up any fucking meaning for the last fight of the guy who is all about fights

Last edited:
The anime will do him justice like they did in the Zoro vs Killer fight, but the manga is not good with fights, I don't think Oda has it in him to make a good Zoro vs Mihawk battle, he doesn't even draw swordsman vs swordsman much
This guy gets it.

I expect Lolda to fumble Zoro vs Mihawk in the manga, just like he has fumbled most everything else.

TOEI will probably pull a Zoro vs King and make Zoro vs Mihawk in the anime to be world-shattering, though.

This guy gets it.

I expect Lolda to fumble Zoro vs Mihawk in the manga, just like he has fumbled most everything else.

TOEI will probably pull a Zoro vs King and make Zoro vs Mihawk in the anime to be world-shattering, though.
Again I’m not even talking about the fight in choreography terms

Zoro’s last fight must simply be the fight ZORO CARES ABOUT THE MOST in the entire series… like writing wise… Oda has to legitimately write some goddamn character into the fight for Zoro

Like after Zoro’s most impactful fight, he will spend like the last 150 chapters of the story just fighting random goons and doing clean up for Luffy against the riff raff luffy doesn’t have Time to low diff.
I rarely comment on stuff like these nowadays, but colling Zoro's next opponents as, and I quote you;
"RANDOM GOONS" is disingenuous as fuck. Nosjuru and Shiryu, who are the next likely opponents of Zoro, and most likely his last ones, is absurd to say the least. If you could make an argument about Shiryu being somewhat less impactful as Mihawk, I'd probably agree, but I sure wouldn't call him a "RANDOM GOON" that's for sure. On the other hand, Nosjuru, who is one the direct followers of Im, who is going to be the most broken character in one piece, who most likely has advanced CoC, who might be alive for 400/800 years, with a kitetsu sword which might as well be a supreme level sword, which Zoro will take, simply cannot be a "RANDOM GOON" as you said.

Every character that ether GAVE or PARTICIPATED in Zoro obtaining a new blade, was EXTREMELY important to Zoro himself and the story. Let's make a quick recap, she'll we:

1. Zoro gets his first blade after his best friend and rival dies, Kuina.
  2. Zoro gets his second blade when he meets a girl who looks just like Kuina.
  3. Zoro gets his temporary blade (Ryuma's black blade) form his ancestor Ryuma himself, who btw acknowledged him.
  4. Zoro gets his current blade after helping to liberate his cuntry (Wano) and inherents the blade of the strongest men there, under whom his ancestor served, Oden.
So by that logic, following the continuity, Nosjuru surely can't be a "RANDOM GOON" as matter of fact he's gonna be one the most (IF NOT THE MOST) impactful character he will ever fight. Nobody ever said that Zoro will inherit Mihawk's blade, that's so absurd for so many reasons that even Zoro fans don't think so. But we all can agree that Zoro will get Nosjuru's blade. A guy who Mihawk never fought or faced, someone who could be form the ancient kingdom, who had centuries to master all types of stuff, with possibly a mythical zoan DF on top, SURE, JUST A RANDOM GOON THAT LUFFY CAN ONESHOT.
who writes a story like this? I mean I guess Oda according to some people. They believe the most interesting thing that can happen to a character should happen mid way to the end and then the story just goes on with that character doing nothing of value to himself or have much relevance that no one else can do it.
I don't know, saving the world from an evil ancient being who has been terrorizing the entire world for 800 years plus Mihawk, his parents, his grandparents and anyone before them? could it possibly be an important thing. Surely not, no way it's important!
:milaugh:
I just know that however bad Oda gets as a writer, he cannot bring himself to not make the final fights of all the strawhats the most impactful fights of their individual stories. It would be beyond awkward like post Usopp becoming a brave warrior of the sea, his final fight is instead him just getting better observation haki or something. Imagine that, we see the fight that makes Usopp achieve his dream conclusively and then the story goes on for 200 more chapters where usopp’s final fight is just about “Snipe good, Snipe better”
Do you expect all the strowhats to achieve their dreams in the last chapter of the series at the same time? Sure, in the last chapter of one piece we'll get one panel of Chopper quickly creating panacea, Nami quickly drowning the mop of the world, Sanji suddenly stumbling upon the all blue, Zoro becoming the WSS etc. Storytelling doesn't work like that pal.

I just need good choreography, good flashback involved, COC clashes, Sky-splitter for Zoro's final fight, whether it's Mihawk or Natsujuro
Nah I just REQUIRE a Zoro character arc and emotional investment from him in his final fight

not the king bullshit where we get a full chapter dedicated to the mechanics of a goddamn magic sword and Oda being unable to even explain why it matters and what any of that has to do with Zoro’s character and why Zoro and king are even fighting outside of the fact that Oda decided they should fight

no, I need story… actual writing… Oda cannot fumble this… not after 1300 chapters of leading people on

It will be OP's most legendary fight,...Zoro vs Mihawk:blush:
Let me guess.....in the epilogue :gokulaugh:

Nah I just REQUIRE a Zoro character arc and emotional investment from him in his final fight

not the king bullshit where we get a full chapter dedicated to the mechanics of a goddamn magic sword and Oda being unable to even explain why it matters and what any of that has to do with Zoro’s character and why Zoro and king are even fighting outside of the fact that Oda decided they should fight

no, I need story… actual writing… Oda cannot fumble this… not after 1300 chapters of leading people on
That was peak

I'm expecting Mihawk to be at least top 3 in the verse but since Zoro surpasses expectations, Mihawk will in reality be the strongest ever.
Hawk isn't top 3 pirate

I rarely comment on stuff like these nowadays, but colling Zoro's next opponents as, and I quote you;
"RANDOM GOONS" is disingenuous as fuck. Nosjuru and Shiryu, who are the next likely opponents of Zoro, and most likely his last ones, is absurd to say the least. If you could make an argument about Shiryu being somewhat less impactful as Mihawk, I'd probably agree, but I sure wouldn't call him a "RANDOM GOON" that's for sure. On the other hand, Nosjuru, who is one the direct followers of Im, who is going to be the most broken character in one piece, who most likely has advanced CoC, who might be alive for 400/800 years, with a kitetsu sword which might as well be a supreme level sword, which Zoro will take, simply cannot be a "RANDOM GOON" as you said.

Every character that ether GAVE or PARTICIPATED in Zoro obtaining a new blade, was EXTREMELY important to Zoro himself and the story. Let's make a quick recap, she'll we:

1. Zoro gets his first blade after his best friend and rival dies, Kuina.
  2. Zoro gets his second blade when he meets a girl who looks just like Kuina.
  3. Zoro gets his temporary blade (Ryuma's black blade) form his ancestor Ryuma himself, who btw acknowledged him.
  4. Zoro gets his current blade after helping to liberate his cuntry (Wano) and inherents the blade of the strongest men there, under whom his ancestor served, Oden.
So by that logic, following the continuity, Nosjuru surely can't be a "RANDOM GOON" as matter of fact he's gonna be one the most (IF NOT THE MOST) impactful character he will ever fight. Nobody ever said that Zoro will inherit Mihawk's blade, that's so absurd for so many reasons that even Zoro fans don't think so. But we all can agree that Zoro will get Nosjuru's blade. A guy who Mihawk never fought or faced, someone who could be form the ancient kingdom, who had centuries to master all types of stuff, with possibly a mythical zoan DF on top, SURE, JUST A RANDOM GOON THAT LUFFY CAN ONESHOT.

I don't know, saving the world from an evil ancient being who has been terrorizing the entire world for 800 years plus Mihawk, his parents, his grandparents and anyone before them? could it possibly be an important thing. Surely not, no way it's important!
:milaugh:

Do you expect all the strowhats to achieve their dreams in the last chapter of the series at the same time? Sure, in the last chapter of one piece we'll get one panel of Chopper quickly creating panacea, Nami quickly drowning the mop of the world, Sanji suddenly stumbling upon the all blue, Zoro becoming the WSS etc. Storytelling doesn't work like that pal.
@Master OF Haki yes they are random goons because they are goons first of all, and secondly the only reason they are fighting Zoro is pure happenstance, so it’s random… Oda chooses the subordinate swordsman guy who is strong to fight Zoro and that’s as much writing goes into the choice… might as well be random… like what else is the reason Zoro vs King happened besides that?

Like I said in the OP it’s possible people are waiting for Oda to turn one of these upcoming goons into something more like Shiryu kills mihawk and Zoro suddenly cares very much for the well-being of mihawk even though he was gonna kill him himself but now this really affects him and it turns into a revenge thing and Zoro’s final fight becomes about revenge against the guy who killed the guy Zoro was already going to kill… And people think this is what Zoro’s 1300 chapter long journey will properly conclude with, Zoro’s revenge killing some guy who killed some guy

And other people think nusjuro will get some Ryuma lore and he was like Ryuma’s greatest rival (he never beat Ryuma since Ryuma is stated to be undefeated) and so nusjuro has a grudge of some kind against the entire Ryuma bloodline or something and so this is the emotional climax of Zoro’s entire story… Him fighting some guy with beef with a bloodline ZORO STILL DOESNT KNOW ABOUT… Remember this, remember…. remember that Zoro doesn’t know anything about this bloodline nonsense and this would literally be news to him at the literal end of the story… his final fight becomes about stakes and themes he is JUST LEARNING DURING THAT FIGHT EVEN EXIST OR MATTER AT ALL

But hey, maybe Oda can pull this off and somehow make this the most interesting thing Zoro faces in the story as a character… you know, because Oda is very good at writing Zoro as a character as we all know

anyway I don’t know if I have to explain that there’s a difference between personal stakes and narrative stakes to conflicts… Saying “zoro is fighting to save the world is the greatest stakes that Zoro can be up against and so inherently supersedes any and all personal stakes Zoro could ever have in a conflict” would be fucking ridiculous

and this isn’t even to mention the fact that NONE OF THIS EVER MATTERS… Oda intentionally writes subordinate fights not to actually matter ever in the actual stories… It didn’t matter that the allies had beaten the entire beast pirates plus another whole fucking Yonko big mom, if Kaido beat Luffy, that would have been the end… Oda intentionally makes it so that only Luffy and who he fights ACTUALLY MATTER to closing out the storyline

inversely if Zoro loses or dies to whoever he fights and then Luffy just BEATS THE FINAL VILLAIN, that’s it… It’s over… Luffy won so the story will simply adjust to “luffy won and his friend died tragically but the world was saved and the dawn of the world came”… That’s all… Because that’s both the power disparity between Luffy and his crew and the NARRATIVE WEIGHT of everything revolving around Luffy compared to anyone else

so sorry that I’m not seduced by “zoro is fighting to save the world”… As if Zoro is the actual key player doing jack fucking shit… I want A GODDAMN CHARACTER STORYLINE FOR ZORO THAT ACTUALLY CONCLUDES HIS OWN PERSONAL STAKES IN A CLIMACTIC FIGHT

Anyway excuse my language but your tone was weirdly abrasive and arrogant so I felt this was appropriate for a reply

@BestGen it wasn’t, no.

Last edited:
Oda does make good sword battles pre TS but the problem Post TA isn’t that he makes bad sword choreography but rather he has no sword choreography. Other than king most of Zoro’s fights have just been one shots.