Character Discussion Zoro barely fights Swordsmen in The New World.

The trend continues with Zoro vs Lucci. Who may or may not be his final opponent of the arc.

Hyouzou was the last official Swordsman that Zoro defeated. (Not including King as he didn't consider himself one.)

Mind you, this is the man Oda said will be even greater than Musashi Miyamoto who had over 50 duels when Zoro can barely get one real sword fight in the New World.

Zoro bros, is this the path to becoming the greatest ever that you expected?:josad:

I don't understand why people (mostly people who dislike the character) have an issue with this. I have never cared in the slightest.

Zoro was always set on the same course as the rest of the Straw Hats to fight strong pirates, he was never on a lonely path to seek swordmen to duel. With each battle Zoro becomes stronger, which means he's on the right path for his dream. His haki, strength and skill get honed further little by little.

Mihawk, being the strongest swordsman, is stronger than anyone Zoro has faced until now, swordsman or otherwise, and the only thing that matters for Zoro is surpassing that benchmark, who he faces before Mihawk is of literally no consequence.

If Zoro only fought Swordsman then how can be be the greatest swordsman ever?

Zoro's path seems to be cutting whatever is on his path.

6 Swords Style - Steel - Shape shifting Sword - Assassin swordsman Giraffe - Swords Man dead body - Ancient Giant - Human Weapon - 8 Swords Style - Dragon - Logia Snow - A Huge Golem - a Straw Sword - a Killer that uses scythes - Shenlog and Super Shenlog - unkillable race.

I bet you this if all of his opponents are Swordsman then everyone will deny that Zoro can beat X character.

So i think what Oda is doing is great setup to be Greatest ever. As for not giving him Rivals then that is a "meh".

The greatest ever in One Piece... i dont say the greatest Swordsman ever in all of Animanga. Thats atleast how i see it but put it this way if you surpass Mihawk and Ryuma as a Swordsman you do count as one of the strongest Swordsman in Animanga due to the Swordsmans in OP beeing extremely haxed with Hakis + AP etc.

This has never once bothered me, because mihawk and mihawk alone has the title and sits at the top.(Which people still downplay)

It does not say mihawk explicitly challenged powerful swordsmen until he had no more worthy swordsmen challengers it just says he challenged powerful foes until there was none left.

Whether or not you choose to believe in the vivre cards or not mihawk in the manga literally sits around bored wanting to live in peace just waiting for zoro to show up, and besides that in the manga zoros path to the top is following this same statement from mihawk vivre card. Zoro isn't just fighting swordsmen he is defeating every foe that steps in front of him as he gets closer to his goal of wss. Even in his latest win over king the non swordsman he is thinking of his promise to become the wss.

Another thing mihawks vivre card tells you is that there is one swordmaster zoro has to be stronger than to be a challenge and defeat mihawk and that is shanks. (While i personally think zoro could go the distance with coc coating and ashura now vs shanks, i am waiting for more feats for him in egghead first...anyways i digress.)

Every foe that zoro beats is a foe that not only could shanks beat...but mihawk would do it better than either of the two.

Personally zoros path to the top is perfect for me, when he does achieve it there will be no zoro can't defeat this person because they are not a swordsman hell people don't even do that for shanks now, i guess because they say he is a hakiman not a swordsman lol but it will be irrefutable for zoro eos.

The deal with loda and swordsman in the New world is that he made almost all of them allies law cavendish suleiman tashigi rebeca kyros scabbards.....for ex
The swordsman of the donq family fought another swordsman that wasn't zoro just because he had the backstory of killing his wife but zoro clash with fujitora another swordsman
Whole cake zoro wasn't there but the only swordsman or swordwoman better said was amande cracker and smoothie arguable?
King had a swordbreak just like most executives of beast pirates had a sword that change shape who'swho and the triceraptors for example but the deal here is that zoro swordsman fight was Enma & Oden so technically yes
Egghead shawk and sadly nitoryu kaku though the fights were not finish
And we have still have to get Shiryu we don't know if nasujuro or fujitora and mihawk ofc
So except smile saga with all of this he indeed fought swordsman so i'd say between 50 or 75%

And people are happy
Oda has poorly written Zoro's dream and path toward "WSS" status

He has beaten zero legit swordsman so far
Even pre ts, he only fought who? Zombie Ryuma and Mihawk
Oh yeah Hacci? ...whatever

Oda should have said Zoro just wanna be the greatest combattant /Rught hand or something

The trend continues with Zoro vs Lucci. Who may or may not be his final opponent of the arc.

Hyouzou was the last official Swordsman that Zoro defeated. (Not including King as he didn't consider himself one.)

Mind you, this is the man Oda said will be even greater than Musashi Miyamoto who had over 50 duels when Zoro can barely get one real sword fight in the New World.

Zoro bros, is this the path to becoming the greatest ever that you expected?:josad:
The swordsman destroys non-swordsmen and fruit growers. Ode specifically does this by showing the dominance of the swordsmen over the rest