General & Others Zoro scarring Kaido is a parallel to Arlong Park; why Zoro’s feats have to be viewed symbolically

Another thread where someone think knocking a steel beam over is better than cutting through one.
:milaugh:

I'm glad some are impressed with Kaido recognizing Luffy's strength after fighting and beating Luffy several times. While Kaido recognizing Zoro's strength to scar him after fighting him 1 time.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Not everybody is gonna have the same Adv CoC boost. Zoro needed Adv CoC to beat King who is way below Kaido. Luffy got Adv CoC to fight toe to toe with Kaido but that is still not enough. That's why Luffy needed G5.
Once zoro got acoc he beat King in 3 attacks and didn't get hit once.

Zoro pre acoc vs hybrid kaido was better than luffy pre acoc

The same applies to both post acoc

Zoro got great portrayal in Arlong Park. Arlong was questioning his entire existence the moment he saw Zoro’s wounds.

Why is OP or anyone trying to use Arlong Park as a power scaling debate? Arlong Park is the climax of the Romance Dawn saga. We got to see the East Blue SHs come together and defeat an enemy crew. They weren’t competing against one another. First of all, Usopp tries running away from his opponents only to realize how pathetic he looks. Then Sanji has a great underwater battle. Why did Sanji dive into the pool? He was trying to assist Nojiko and Genzo with their rescue efforts regarding Luffy. Sanji also knew that Zoro was too injured to dive in himself, but he knew that Zoro was still going to hold Arlong back for him.

Arlong Park shows that the SHs will do anything for one another. They will push themselves past their fears, pain, and judgment in order to help a nakama. Nami could finally stop living in fear because she had the SHs and her village ready to fight for her. Why would anyone want to take a moment like that and turn it into a power scaling debate? More specifically, why would anyone use Arlong Park and Wano to powerscale Luffy and Zoro. All those arcs do is prove what a formidable team they are.

@FriedLiver i did not got this thread notice. Tag didnt work maybe
On thread: This was an excellent take bro. The parrallel as you mentioned is already clear, and we do have to count this while reading his story

The thing that gave it away was Luffy surpassing Zoro shortly after just by coating his punches in advCoC, the same thing Kaido hinted at Zoro using in his attack
Yes, it was heavily implied zoro used adcoc on the asura attack. That was zoro's strongest move, that gave kaido a normal scar, meanwhile luffy had not used his strongest move (KKG) on kaido yet.

where he got turned into a metall ball being flipped around in a pinball game by King (even Marco handled King and Queen without suffering such a loss of face)
There is such a power inconsistency of zoro here. During direct clashes with king, he was swatted like a ping pong ball as u rightly pointed out. This shouldnt have been the case if zoro was capable of handling hakai from 2 yonkos. Is king > 2 yonkos
Post automatically merged:

Yall are scared of Zoro after giving him one round vs Kaido.
Imagine the fear if Zoro had 8 rounds vs Kaido as Luffy did. :myman:
What stopped him from coming back to kaido for another round, if he was so confident in his abilities. He had promised that he would kill kaido too. Or was he afraid for the second round?

Last edited:
partially incorrect
zoro scarring kaido had nothing to do with Luffy's exploits.it was more symbolic cause it was in line with the monster samurai that can leave a scar which kaido mentioned at the start of the fight will never appear again( zoro clearly was that person). Zoro is clearly on a path to surpass oden ever since he got his blade.
Its god awful on Oda's part after zoro scarred kaido that monster samurai moment wasn't called back but whatever

the only possible connection to luffy I see is zoro mentioning he failed to knock kaido down
and luffy doing that shortly after he got adv coc.

Zoro scarring Kaido whether you wank it to
the heavens or not, that feat was never highlighted again, it being outshined by Luffy putting Kaido on his knees with advCoC

This is a direct parallel to Arlong Park.

(1) Arlong takes pride in the toughness of his nose. His nose is completely unfazed by Zoro’s blow.

(2) Arlong then tells him that “perhaps” had he been in better health he “might have” left a “little” scar

The takeaway, what Arlong is strictly saying is, Zoro might not even leave a little scar even if he were in perfect health.

When Luffy bends the nose with his brute strength, this signifies Zoro being eclipsed by Luffy.

Luffy had his moment where he said he depended on his crewmates to make up for his shortcomings, but what he ultimately can do that they can’t is “beat” Arlong.

Zoro ultimately serves to “protect” Luffy against Arlong, later against Kaido. However it is only Luffy that can defeat Arlong, and it’s only Luffy that can defeat Kaido.

The parallel between these two seems pretty obvious, such that it appears Oda gave Zoro this moment, where he left “a little scar” when he was not in perfect health as a vindicative moment for Zoro, as a way to put his Arlong-moment behind him narratively and from a legacy standpoint.

Why if the scar were so impactful is it never brought up or highlighted again? Instead the focus and highlight was shifted to Luffy achieving what Zoro couldn’t. Same as in Arlong Park

It appears that Oda with this event redresses how he felt that Zoro got a bad portrayal in Arlong Park, so he gives Zoro to a consolation prize of sorts to make up for this event that weighs heavy on Oda’s mind, in a symbolic way bury this event by showing a growth on Zoro’s part.

The thing that gave it away was Luffy surpassing Zoro shortly after just by coating his punches in advCoC, the same thing Kaido hinted at Zoro using in his attack. Luffy eclipses Zoro at what he tried doing, just like in Arlong Park

The takeaway is the “scarring-incident” was more symbolic and served as a narrative progression rather than as a separate power-level event (maybe not for Zoro-fans but for Oda who is the author). It’s not a separate event because the parallel to Arlong Park is so striking. This justifies a reading where Oda wrote it more symbolically rather than making a bold power level statement.

You might think “broken-bones” Zoro is the end-all-be-all for scarring Kaido, only for Zoro to get fully recuperated to 100% health and return down to the ground floor where he got turned into a metall ball being flipped around in a pinball game by King (even Marco handled King and Queen without suffering such a loss of face). This means you and Oda are reading and seeing the story very differently. You can’t look at that event and say it bears a 100% correlation with his rooftop performance, from a strength standpoint, that is ridiculous.

What I want to say is, I don’t think Oda is out to write Zoro with powerlevel in mind as much as people think. The powerlevel stuff is there (scarring Kaido, cutting a flaming dragon) but then when you look at it, these feats are riddled with subtexts and symbolism that you almost have to view it more metaphorically than from a pure powerlevel vantage point. I guess that’s my gripe with how Oda writes Zoro. But maybe that’s just me.

May have to edit later.

@ZenZu @Monkey D Theories @nik87 @Sasaki Kojirō @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Fleet Leader Fenaker @Erkan12 @Celestial D. Dragon @Zolo @Topi Jerami @Chrono @Psychiatrist etc
I can’t wait for when my kids will reading one piece in English literature. They will come to me for help and I will pull up old WG threads hahaha

Its god awful on Oda's part after zoro scarred kaido that monster samurai moment wasn't called back but whatever
Then that disproves it had anything meaningful to do with a “samurai moment” to begin with. Just the bare minimum symbolic tokenism.

Imagine believing what you said is true and trynna reconcile it with the fact that Oda never had Kaido draw a connection between Zoro and Oden. It just means Oda doesn’t care, only he knows stupid fans do so he try to do the bare minimum lol

Zoro scarring Kaido whether you wank it to
the heavens or not, that feat was never highlighted again, it being outshined by Luffy putting Kaido on his knees with advCoC

This is a direct parallel to Arlong Park.

(1) Arlong takes pride in the toughness of his nose. His nose is completely unfazed by Zoro’s blow.

(2) Arlong then tells him that “perhaps” had he been in better health he “might have” left a “little” scar

The takeaway, what Arlong is strictly saying is, Zoro might not even leave a little scar even if he were in perfect health.

When Luffy bends the nose with his brute strength, this signifies Zoro being eclipsed by Luffy.

Luffy had his moment where he said he depended on his crewmates to make up for his shortcomings, but what he ultimately can do that they can’t is “beat” Arlong.

Zoro ultimately serves to “protect” Luffy against Arlong, later against Kaido. However it is only Luffy that can defeat Arlong, and it’s only Luffy that can defeat Kaido.

The parallel between these two seems pretty obvious, such that it appears Oda gave Zoro this moment, where he left “a little scar” when he was not in perfect health as a vindicative moment for Zoro, as a way to put his Arlong-moment behind him narratively and from a legacy standpoint.

Why if the scar were so impactful is it never brought up or highlighted again? Instead the focus and highlight was shifted to Luffy achieving what Zoro couldn’t. Same as in Arlong Park

It appears that Oda with this event redresses how he felt that Zoro got a bad portrayal in Arlong Park, so he gives Zoro to a consolation prize of sorts to make up for this event that weighs heavy on Oda’s mind, in a symbolic way bury this event by showing a growth on Zoro’s part.

The thing that gave it away was Luffy surpassing Zoro shortly after just by coating his punches in advCoC, the same thing Kaido hinted at Zoro using in his attack. Luffy eclipses Zoro at what he tried doing, just like in Arlong Park

The takeaway is the “scarring-incident” was more symbolic and served as a narrative progression rather than as a separate power-level event (maybe not for Zoro-fans but for Oda who is the author). It’s not a separate event because the parallel to Arlong Park is so striking. This justifies a reading where Oda wrote it more symbolically rather than making a bold power level statement.

You might think “broken-bones” Zoro is the end-all-be-all for scarring Kaido, only for Zoro to get fully recuperated to 100% health and return down to the ground floor where he got turned into a metall ball being flipped around in a pinball game by King (even Marco handled King and Queen without suffering such a loss of face). This means you and Oda are reading and seeing the story very differently. You can’t look at that event and say it bears a 100% correlation with his rooftop performance, from a strength standpoint, that is ridiculous.

What I want to say is, I don’t think Oda is out to write Zoro with powerlevel in mind as much as people think. The powerlevel stuff is there (scarring Kaido, cutting a flaming dragon) but then when you look at it, these feats are riddled with subtexts and symbolism that you almost have to view it more metaphorically than from a pure powerlevel vantage point. I guess that’s my gripe with how Oda writes Zoro. But maybe that’s just me.

May have to edit later.

@ZenZu @Monkey D Theories @nik87 @Sasaki Kojirō @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Fleet Leader Fenaker @Erkan12 @Celestial D. Dragon @Zolo @Topi Jerami @Chrono @Psychiatrist etc
In arlong Park zoro was strong enough to low diff Arlong

Are you saying fresh Arlong Park Zoro low diffs Kaido?

In arlong Park zoro was strong enough to low diff Arlong

Are you saying fresh Arlong Park Zoro low diffs Kaido?
Oda doesn’t care. Kaido didn’t care. It didn’t have any significance.

Oda realises he fucked up with the Zoro fans that are so vocal and crazy he realises he must give Zoro occasional breadcrumbs. Oda never misses on any opportunity to troll and make fun of Zoro though, as there are many countless examples in Wano, and will be more to come.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
In Arlong Park injured Zoro was helpless against Arlong
In Wano injured Zoro overpowered Crydo

Arlong was concrened about Zoro
Crydo was shaking out of fear because of Zoro

Arlong > Crydo confirmed?