Speculations Zoro vs Mihawk

When will it happen

• Total voters
for me this:
Sometime before the Final War imo. I feel like by the time the final war rolls around, some of the Straw Hats would have already achieved their dreams and others will achieve while it is taking place. Though for Zoro in particular, I feel like he finna pull up as the WSS to the Final War. Because we already know Luffy will pull up to final war as the Pirate King (the Final War is heavily implied to go down after the One Piece is found; meaning once Luffy beats BB to Raftel, the World Government is next). So I think it makes the most sense for Mihawk and Zoroโ€™s fight to take place sometime in between the defeat of the BB Pirates and the Final War.

Definitely not in Elbaf though, that figures to be soon considering Elbaf is looking like the next arc post Wano.
or this:
Probably right before they go to Raftel because Luffy wants WSS in his crew when he becomes Pirate King.
Though Raftel is not the end of story, that much I am 101% confident on, its learning and then acting on it.
also if we are getting an Elbaf arc and it comes right after Wano then i dont think Zoro will face Godahawk there. Hawk will be still too much for Zoro next arc. he will need to grow at least 1 more arc after Wano to surpass Mihawk imo. the difference between the two is still too much.

while Zoro didnt go all out during Dressrosa but his ISDS so far was his biggest AOE move which he used to bisect the golem close range. even if he got stronger in Wano i doubt he can do what Mihawk did with the iceberg.
Mihawk iceberg slash was still bigger and his was an casual ranged slash and it was done unintentionally.
so Zoro needs to complete the following To Do List just to be on the same lvl as Casual Mihawk:
1. ISDS lvl casual slash
2. ISDS lvl casual slash w/o haki
3. ISDS lvl casual slash w/o haki from some distance
4. ISDS lvl casual slash w/o haki from like a 1km away
5. ISDS lvl casual slash w/o haki from like a 1km away while being unintentional

when he does all of that then we will talk about Zoro taking on Mihawk:kata:
depending on how Oda handles Zoro and how far he wants Zoro to raise, i can see Post Wano Zoro achieving upto number 3. i cant imagine 4 and 5 done by Post Wano Zoro :kayneshrug:.
and this is just the difference in AOE which so far has been one of Zoro's highlight. imo when Mihawk gets fully fleshed out and see him go all out on panel, current version of Zoro(or post Wano) will look like a scrub against the Godahawk:queenmoji:

Mark my words, the battle with the Red Haired Pirates will be the last thing this manga does, post Blackbeard/Im/Final War. Mihawk will partner with Shanks as a means to face Zoro. The manga is ENTIRELY about Luffy giving the hat back to Shanks. The timeskip began and ended with the focus on Luffy's hat. Marineford's war ended with Shanks nearly seeing Luffy but realizing he wasn't ready yet.

I don't think Shanks is evil, but I don't think he wants exactly what Luffy wants. Ideals will clash, Luffy and crew will surpass Shank's. Zoro will face Mihawk here. It will come full circle for the first 2 Strawhats.

W

wordyworm

Honestly curious when yall think the final fight between the 2 will happen
Luffy needs to the WSS to become PK, so I think it will be before the final war. There's also a quote from Mihawk at the Baratie where he says becoming PK is more difficult than becoming WSS, so I think Zoro will get the title before the final war.

How he will get the title is still up in the air for me. He's probably not going to fight Mihawk to the death, but he has to surpass him somehow. I don't really like this theory, but what if Zoro masters a technique that Mihawk couldn't? Would he then become the default WSS? I would really like to see a fight between them, but since we don't really know how the title is given or what criteria there are to hold the title, there's a chance that the title could be decided without a 1v1 battle. I would rather see a fight though.

btw, Mihawk never called DFs "dirty tricks." I think this must be the quote that's getting referenced:
่ƒฝๅŠ›ใ‚„ๆŠ€ใ˜ใ‚ƒใชใ„
ใƒผใƒผใใฎๅ ดใซใ„ใ‚‹่€…้”ใ‚’ๆฌกใ€…ใซ่‡ชๅˆ†ใฎๅ‘ณๆ–นใซใคใ‘ใ‚‹
ใ“ใฎๆตทใซใŠใ„ใฆใ‚ใฎ็”ทใฏๆœ€ใ‚‚ๆใ‚‹ในใๅŠ›ใ‚’ๆŒใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹.........!!

It's no ability or skill (The word for "ability" here is the same word used for "ability havers" i.e., DF users)
To gain allies one after another
That man has the most formidable power on the sea!

So I don't think he's really making a judgment about whether or not he thinks DFs are good or bad or dirty. He's just impressed with Luffy and he's saying that Luffy's tendency to recruit allies is BETTER than a DF.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
โ€Ž
Zoro put luffy first in thriller bark.

Robin and luffy will achieve their dreams together both at raftel (one piece rio ponyglph)

Sanji jinbe maybe nami and brook
Will/could be when the red line is destroyed
The all blue will be when the 4 blues flow into one
Iirc fishman island is below the red line and will probably see all the fishman bought to the surface on the noah
And nami will have to draw a new map of the world with the new all blue in mind.
With the red line gone brook and laboon can reuinte but that can happen after all the drama same with franky and his dream.

Ussop chopper and zoros can be placed anywhere.

My wishful headcanon :
The SHs meet the Redhair pirates somewhere.
Shanks challenges Luffy for a fight.
Zoro asks Luffy to let him fight instead since Shanks IS A SWORDSMAN.
Zoro wins.
The news spreads and Mihawk reads the paper and is exited af.
The SHs are sailing to somewhere when they see Mihawk in front of them and they sail together to the nearest deserted island.
As for the timeline I'd say :
They fight Shanks in Elbaf or the place where Barto made a fuss.
Mihawk sometime before Raftel.