Future Events Zoro Will be the MVP (or Runner Up) in the Rooftop Fight

Will Zoro be the MVP vs Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This ZKK thing gonna age bad man, already stinks :jay-he:
Somebody has to kill Kaido.
:kayneshrug:
Kaido isn't like the previous arc villains. We learned during his introduction that he literally cannot be contained. He's lost to Yonko and the Marines numerous times, but they can never imprison or execute him. If Luffy punches him out, he'll just get up the next day and continue doing his thing. He won't just chill in Impel Down like Doflamingo. Not only that, but the man literally wants to die. We know Luffy won't kill him because Oda doesn't want his MC to be a murderer, even if he says its because crushing their dreams is worse. Zoro, Kidd, & Law are already murderers. ZKK has by far more foreshadowing and buildup than "Kidd kills Kaido" or "Law kills Kaido." That evidence is compiled in this very thread.

ZKK is the most reasonable expectation. :pepelit:I won't be salty if it doesn't happen, it just means Oda subverted expectations.

Based on previous arcs, with the exception of Zoro's intro arc, Luffy has always shined the most.

So with that in mind, it wont be surprising if he shines the most here.

However, this is not a normal arc like the others. There are 2 yonkos and Zoro has been heavily been pushed towards Kaido by Oda.

So it wont be surprising if Zoro outshines Luffy against Kaido since this is not a normal arc. This arc is almosy similat in a way to Zoro's intro arc. He was the one that had interactions with the locals, that girl who gave him food, Helmeppo, etc, of that arc more than even Luffy. There were 2 antagonists in that arc. Zoro took out Morgan while Luffy took out Helmeppo.

In Wano, Zoro interacted with more locals. Hiyori, yasuei, Otama, Yasuei's daughter, Otsuru, the retainers, Momonosuke, the people of ebisu etc. He spent time interacting with them and learning their story.

Whereas Luffy was predominantly isolated from the Wano locals and only interacted with momo, his retainers and people related to them

Kaido isn't like the previous arc villains. We learned during his introduction that he literally cannot be contained. He's lost to Yonko and the Marines numerous times, but they can never imprison or execute him. If Luffy punches him out, he'll just get up the next day and continue doing his thing. He won't just chill in Impel Down like Doflamingo. Not only that, but the man literally wants to die. We know Luffy won't kill him because Oda doesn't want his MC to be a murderer, even if he says its because crushing their dreams is worse. Zoro, Kidd, & Law are already murderers. ZKK has by far more foreshadowing and buildup than "Kidd kills Kaido" or "Law kills Kaido." That evidence is compiled in this very thread.

ZKK is the most reasonable expectation. :pepelit:I won't be salty if it doesn't happen, it just means Oda subverted expectations.
Highly doubt it, for reasons that I explained a lot of times. Is far more likely for Zoro to reopen the old wound or to open a completely new wound, he'll not cut the head tho

Him dying doesn't have to happen. A lot of people focus on the "He can't be killed" aspect of Kaido's character so they surmise that he must be killed, but why can't the same be said about him not being able to be contained? If he can't be contained, then he must be contained in some way, right? It goes both ways....

That's the two aspects of Kaido's character we know about. One of those situations gives him what he wants, while the other denies him of what he wants. Which one do you think Oda is going to go for? And do you honestly think Oda can't come up with a way to contain Kaido?

And just for arguments sake, what if cutting off Kaido's head can't kill him? If Oda truly means for him to be un-killable, then doesn't that mean decapitation won't work either? If that's the case then wouldn't it mean the only option would be to somehow have him permanently contained?

• Your first mistake is grouping Zoro with Killer.
  • Your second mistake is ignoring the setup Zoro's character has had in Wano.

This will age terribly.

You're the MVP.
:myman:

Monster, and yes it's canon.

Slaying Kaido thus cementing his legacy as the Second Ryuma.

Nah, I had interactions like this:
Cinera: "Zoro and Luffy will deal the supermajority of damage in the Kaido fight. If they fight Kaido, Kidd and Killer combined deal less damage than Zoro".
@Trafalgar_D_Law: "that's just an opinion".
@rerere: "I can't take you seriously when you say that".

I realised that several people think Kidd, Law or Killer would outperform Zoro against Kaido, so I decided to make the case why I thought that was outlandish.
I do not disagree, but at least Kid has a valid reason to go against Kaido as well, seeing how he lost, but that stopped working as an argument since Dressrosa when Luffy had to finish a decade long vendetta for Law since he was not able to do it.

Yeah, with taht premise, if i had to bet, yep i´d bet on Zoro being the second most crucial vs Kaido.
We will see whether Kid will fight Kaido in the first place though.

Him dying doesn't have to happen. A lot of people focus on the "He can't be killed" aspect of Kaido's character so they surmise that he must be killed, but why can't the same be said about him not being able to be contained? If he can't be contained, then he must be contained in some way, right? It goes both ways....

That's the two aspects of Kaido's character we know about. One of those situations gives him what he wants, while the other denies him of what he wants. Which one do you think Oda is going to go for? And do you honestly think Oda can't come up with a way to contain Kaido?

And just for arguments sake, what if cutting off Kaido's head can't kill him? If Oda truly means for him to be un-killable, then doesn't that mean decapitation won't work either? If that's the case then wouldn't it mean the only option would be to somehow have him permanently contained?
Containment can't ever be a permanent solution. If an author imprisons a villain in a long-running action story, the audience assumes its because he intends for that villain to return. There has been discussion about if/when Doflamingo will return since the end of Dressrosa. Oda can write an "impossible to escape cage" to keep Kaido in, but he can also contrive an escape to that cage when he wants to. The only satisfactory way to end Wano is by killing Kaido.

Containment can't ever be a permanent solution. If an author imprisons a villain in a long-running action story, the audience assumes its because he intends for that villain to return. There has been discussion about if/when Doflamingo will return since the end of Dressrosa. Oda can write an "impossible to escape cage" to keep Kaido in, but he can also contrive an escape to that cage when he wants to. The only satisfactory way to end Wano is by killing Kaido.
I have to ask, why shouldn't Kaido be around for the Final War? Why shouldn't he be around to bare witness to Luffy achieving what he himself had wished to achieve with becoming Pirate King?

What does it matter if Kaido is forced to live out the rest of his natural life, knowing he was never afforded the satisfaction of dying in a Grand battle of his choosing?

Why does Kaido deserve to get what he wants after all the pain and suffering he has caused others for decades?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
What plotline? Because some editor (not even one of Oda's) wrote about the similarities in a magazine article, it is now supposed to come to fruition in the manga?
The "monster samurai" statement comes from Kaido himself.

The Second Ryuma and Dragon slaying has also been setup during Wano itself with Gyukimaru's comments about Ryuma's legend, the whole deal with Shusui, etc. Furthermore, Zoro received Enma and is being setup to surpass Oden (by blackening Enma and accomplishing what Oden couldn't).

By the way, I think you should have given more options to your poll since while I believe Luffy will outshine everyone, I also believe it's debatable with Kid, but will clearly outshine the rest
@Erkan12 already had a thread about ranking the rooftop Supernova, with a suitable poll. The strength ranking of the Supernova probably corresponds to their performance in the upcoming fight. I'm not sure this poll would be all that different. Besides, as I write this, 99 people have already voted.

I have to ask, why shouldn't Kaido be around for the Final War? Why shouldn't he be around to bare witness to Luffy achieving what he himself had wished to achieve with becoming Pirate King?

What does it matter if Kaido is forced to live out the rest of his natural life, knowing he was never afforded the satisfaction of dying in a Grand battle of his choosing?

Why does Kaido deserve to get what he wants after all the pain and suffering he has caused others for decades?
That would be a satisfying conclusion to Kaido's character arc, but nothing would be stopping him from continuing to do what he did to Wano. In the case of Crocodile/Doflamingo, they needed the Shichibukai system to back their rule. Kaido can do it with strength alone.

I'm not actually pushing a "Kaido will die" narrative because of the "Kaido is un-killable" hype, although that helps. Rather, it's because he's too dangerous to let live. There's no point in merely defeating him in Wano, because he can reconquer it immediately after Luffy leaves. A containment scenario would be unbelievable to me as reader, and would be unsatisfying to the target demographic.

For the same reasons, I also believe Teach, Sakazuki, and Im will die. They don't have un-killable hype, but top tier villains can continue their evil ambitions even after being thwarted. Big Mom has the same problem, but Oda has already introduced a solution in the form of O-Lin and redemption. Kaido would need a redemption arc for me to buy him living past Wano.

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Why did enel get what he wanted ?

So Kaidou has 2 dreams that we know of:
- to die a grand death
- to start the biggest war the world has ever seen
Now, people argue that Kaidou won't die, because he would get his dreams, and that's what Villians don't do (except for Enel, who people keep forgetting for some reason :few:)
But what if he doesn't die. Then what's the next plan for him? Will he be kept locked away from some prisons, or some books, despite the fact that Oda multiple times said that he has broken out alot of prisons? So if he isn't locked away, then he 100% gonna be present in the final war. But isn't that exactly what he wants, to start the biggest war the world has ever seen?
Now the real question. Can Oda handle that many powerful people at the final war? Because unlike other villians that Luffy's beaten, Kaidou is fucking strong, and will always pose extreme danger to Luffy. :few:

HA001

We've been over this 1000 times, he didn't get what he wanted. Enel thought Fairy Vearth came from the Moon, and wanted to go where it originated from. He was mistaken, as it came from the blues. Going to the moon placed him tens of thousands of miles farther than where he wanted to be.
No he got exactly what he wanted. Which was to go to the moon.

HA001

He wanted to go to the Moon, because he thought that is where Vearth came from. He. Was. Mistaken. That's not fulfilling his dream of going to where Vearth originated from, because Vearth originated from the Blues.
No he wanted to go to the moon.
Thats it.
If he never met luffy he would have gone to the moon
He met luffy and still went to the moon.
Luffy didnt stop anything
Nor if luffy wasnt there wouldnt have changed his journey there