Questions & Mysteries Zoro's lineage is... Bait

I know people are getting hyped about this but i want to remind everyone that this has already happened before. Oda already baited this Zoro lineage with the "Sunachi", "Wado Ichimonji" and Kozaburo situation. As a reminder, Oda in an SBS at the start of Wano said there is a familiar character who descended from Wano people. Then we learned Zoro is familiar with certain Wano words. Then we learn Zoro's Wado Ichimonji was made by a Wano blacksmith. Turns out this was completely about Kuina. Zoro knows Wano dialect because he heard the founder of his village, Kozaburo, say it. And Wado is the same as it has always been, a sword Zoro got from Kuina's father because he asked for it and proved his dedication to the same dream as Kuina.

Now the Bait is back. After none of the above having actually gone anywhere, Oda is laying it on thick. There's a samurai, Ushimaru who looks remarkably like Zoro, with similar fighting styles who happens to be related to Ryuma and the same Kozaburo who founded Zoro's village. It's a slam dunk now right? Hell there's even a "fate" thing with Zoro returning Shusui to Wano.

Well... why doesnt Onimaru recognize or care about Zoro's remarkable likeness to Ushimaru? Zoro was trained by Wano Samurai so why wouldn't he have a fighting style similar to them. In fact he was trained by people from the exact same family as this Ushimaru person. It's not like Zoro inherited a fighting style through his genes.

Zoro also returned another sword to Wano, Sandai Kitetsu. It was made by Hitetsu. Shouldn't that mean Zoro has some tie to Hitetsu similar to how returning Shusui means Zoro is tied to Ryuma. Uncanny resemblances go as far as Tashigi looks exactly like Kuina despite them being unrelated. And again, Zoro having One eye isnt a biological factor to tie him to Ryuma in anyway.

That's not even to mention how the timelines of these things don't work at all.

This seems like bait to me. Especially because Zoro is uninvolved entirely. Why would his lineage matter if he doesnt know or care about it? if someone were to tell him "Hey, you look exactly like this one guy we knew", wouldn't zoro just remember Tashigi and Kuina and say "So? Where's the damn booze?".

the question you should ask is
why would oda as an author throw this" bait" right in the middle of the battle

if it isnt zoro's lineage we are getting then whose is it and why does it matter.

"Zoro also returned another sword to Wano, Sandai Kitetsu. It was made by Hitetsu. Shouldn't that mean Zoro has some tie to Hitetsu similar to how returning Shusui means Zoro is tied to Ryuma. Uncanny resemblances go as far as Tashigi looks exactly like Kuina despite them being unrelated. And again, Zoro having One eye isnt a biological factor to tie him to Ryuma in anyway."

several characters in op who look similar with no relation
and sometimes the opposite (dragon and luffy)
but you also just explained why it matters
why oda chose to highlight shusui being returned instead of sandai
why physical resemblance in this case just isnt a mere coincidence
because perhaps he is in fact trying to convey the idea that he is indeed related to these people.

Well, supposedly we have a person similar to us somewhere in the world, so why not here? The Kuina-Tashigi example like you said.

And, how could Zoro arrive at East Blue from Wano?
His mother carried him alone? Unlikely.
Someone else came with his mother? Unlikely, it will be a totally new different character.

So yeah, I get that feeling of it, it's so obvious that it seems to be false.

I know people are getting hyped about this but i want to remind everyone that this has already happened before. Oda already baited this Zoro lineage with the "Sunachi", "Wado Ichimonji" and Kozaburo situation. As a reminder, Oda in an SBS at the start of Wano said there is a familiar character who descended from Wano people. Then we learned Zoro is familiar with certain Wano words. Then we learn Zoro's Wado Ichimonji was made by a Wano blacksmith. Turns out this was completely about Kuina. Zoro knows Wano dialect because he heard the founder of his village, Kozaburo, say it. And Wado is the same as it has always been, a sword Zoro got from Kuina's father because he asked for it and proved his dedication to the same dream as Kuina.

Now the Bait is back. After none of the above having actually gone anywhere, Oda is laying it on thick. There's a samurai, Ushimaru who looks remarkably like Zoro, with similar fighting styles who happens to be related to Ryuma and the same Kozaburo who founded Zoro's village. It's a slam dunk now right? Hell there's even a "fate" thing with Zoro returning Shusui to Wano.

Well... why doesnt Onimaru recognize or care about Zoro's remarkable likeness to Ushimaru? Zoro was trained by Wano Samurai so why wouldn't he have a fighting style similar to them. In fact he was trained by people from the exact same family as this Ushimaru person. It's not like Zoro inherited a fighting style through his genes.

Zoro also returned another sword to Wano, Sandai Kitetsu. It was made by Hitetsu. Shouldn't that mean Zoro has some tie to Hitetsu similar to how returning Shusui means Zoro is tied to Ryuma. Uncanny resemblances go as far as Tashigi looks exactly like Kuina despite them being unrelated. And again, Zoro having One eye isnt a biological factor to tie him to Ryuma in anyway.

This seems like bait to me. Especially because Zoro is uninvolved entirely. Why would his lineage matter if he doesnt know or care about it? if someone were to tell him "Hey, you look exactly like this one guy we knew", wouldn't zoro just remember Tashigi and Kuina and say "So? Where's the damn booze?".
Onimaru literally does recognize his fighting style and immediately stops attacking and goes back to collecting weapons to help

Zoro being a Shimotsuki would actually give sense for him taking down Kaido instead of Orochi, since his only real ties to Wano so far are through people that got fucked over more by Orochi rather than Kaido directly, even if he doesnt learn about Ushimaru he would still be avenging his father just like Hyori wants to avenge hers. And it would also allow the Shimotsuki clan's legacy to live on since Zoro would be the only one truly able to carry it since his master is old now and the only other potential Shimotsuki, Tashigi, is absolute garbage

Worst

Custom title
I don't get why there are still some Zoro fans who still hope that Zoro is the son of a potato farmer and a kitchen maid o something lol

Cmon! Direct descendand of the fucking SWORD GOD! U basically won the lottery of hype..... is it a bit of a cliche ? Yea but who cares... this makes me feel a lot more interested to learn his family past, and would add a lot more meaning to Zoro's character ( proud / ambition / honorable etc etc tec )

Well, supposedly we have a person similar to us somewhere in the world, so why not here? The Kuina-Tashigi example like you said.

And, how could Zoro arrive at East Blue from Wano?
His mother carried him alone? Unlikely.
Someone else came with his mother? Unlikely, it will be a totally new different character.

So yeah, I get that feeling of it, it's so obvious that it seems to be false.
It's the revolutionary army that brought Zoro to east blue i think

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Oda doesn't do baits. Everything he builds up to is with a purpose. He'll throw in gags in between to keep people entertained, but his storytelling is generally played straight.

If Oda is building up a connection between Zoro and the Shimotsuki, specifically Ushimaru and Ryuma, it's for a purpose. What that purpose is, we don't know exactly, but it will mean something. Even the Sunnachi point you claim didn't lead to anything when it actually did. It's confirmed Zoro learned the term from Kozaburo who forged his blade Enma and came from Wano, and in the same SBS Oda confirmed that, he teased Zoro's bloodline. And here we have Ryuma and Ushimaru resembling Zoro almost to a T, and characters acknowledging the resemblance.

Theorizing he has blood ties to Wano and the Shimotsuki is the reasonable conclusion.

Well the bait could be that in reality Sanji's modified powers only looked like King's for a couple of reasons, for instance It Judge inspired them to King's lost race or if it was a coincidence but perhaps so Sanji is no actual Lunarian.
Well it is obvious that the whole lunarian thing is just a way for Oda to explain the Lunarian race to us but I don't think that Sanji is related to them in any way and that his flame is exactly how he explained to be..his burning passion, otherwise I think his only powerup will be unlocking his exoskeleton like his siblings which will make his AP and durability strong enough to defeat Queen. As for Zoro I think he's Ryuma's reincarnation not his descendant, I think that he is not even Asian/Wano looking but more like a caucasian but there is a resemblance between him and Ryuma and by extension Ushimaru because he is Ryuma reincarnated

it s not bait
u just don t want zoro to be ushimaru s son so stfu