Indigo

Of course, the Zoro haters would have to torture the manga to argue that:
  • Zoro only played support
    • Despite Zoro counterattacking with Flying Dragon: Fire Blaze
  • Zoro did not do anything useful in the chapter
    • Despite Zoro neutralising two of Kaido's attacks
    • Despite Zoro successfully attacking Kaido
  • Zoro could not damage Kaido
    • Despite Zoro's attack triggering Kaido's Oden PTSD.
  • Enma has its own power and has been absorbing Oden's haki
    • Despite Kaido only being reminded of Oden when Zoro struck him with Flying Dragon: Fire Blaze.

Many people have the preconceived notion that Kidd and Law (alongside Luffy) are the main fighters. This chapter contradicts that, so they'll be working overtime to find a way to defend their headcanon.

You're right, the forum would be in full damage control when the chapter drops.
Your words cut deeper than any blade - Zabuza Momochi

Yeah, that was my initial expectations. I lowered them a bit after he was paired with Killer last chapter. I also didn't think that Kaido would start to see Oden in Zoro this soon. That Zoro's attack on Kaido this chapter triggered his Oden PTSD was a very welcome surprise, especially given the previous build up around Kaido and a "monster samurai" of the likes of Oden.

I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, but I'm hopeful that Kaido has some dialogue (or monologue) around Zoro and Oden next chapter. It's too early for Kaido to recognise Zoro fully, but he may begin to see the seeds of Oden/the potential to surpass Oden in him. That's what I'm hoping happens in the next (few) chapter(s).
Pairings like that are useless, people overuse that kind of argument. Zoro had combination attacks witb Brook and Kinemon in Punk Hazard for example.
It was just dividing into captain and non-captain.

At this point, and i am doing the same, dont project anything onto what actually happens but enjoy it, its a monumental stage, we are finally at yonkou/top tier fight.

It’s common sense it’s not his strongest attack. He iis using it regularly. It’s more of a normal attack from him now. Oda isn’t gonna show us their ultimate attacks yet
It's not common sense,

and if you believe so, what is his strongest move in your opinion?

Don't answer with "it's something he has not shown" because that's a bad answer to my argument, as is fight with Mingo is his supposed BIGGEST fight for his life, worked for it for 13 years, only to resort to Gamma Knife by acting dead, JUST so that it is considered a normal attack by him... to me knowledge, he used his trump card there... again, e might have gotten stronger and now he has new attacks, but I'm purely speaking about wat we saw, and according to what we saw, his most deadly attack is WITHOUT A DOUBT Gamma Knife, and denying it is weird from your side

I'm repeating it again, I'm not saying he didn't get stronger since Dressrosa and has a new move, I'm saying from what we saw SO FAR, this was his deadliest move

I am going to point out though that Enma continues to be the focus for Zoro in this fight.

It's brought to our attention last chapter after Zoro attacks.

It's brought to our attention this chapter when Zoro used Enma to defend.

It's brought to our attention this chapter after Zoro attacks Kaido.

I maintain my stance that Enma is not treated as any other blade/mere training tool.
Yep, at the same time, Zoros already existing abilities made iz possible in the first place for him to use it. As far as we know, Zoro is the third guy in Wano ever zo be able to use Enma.

That technique seemed to be above Nitoryu Iai Rashomon (or maybe not, not sure, but it was the last against Ryuma) and with Apoo we know that Ittoryu Iai Shi Shishi Sonson is above his regular slashes with CoA.
The strength doesn’t matter. Zoro used the technique because it’s a fire cut and he realized last chapter that physical attacks don’t just work on Kaido so Zoro is trying out a fire attack.

Point is, this isn’t a measure of Zoro going full force or anything. It’s a pre time skip move. C’mon. Zoro still hasn’t used Armament haki. That alone should tell you something is up here.

When Zoro actually tries, like when you see the black blades and everything, then we shall return to this to see whether Zoro matches in power.

Also we know Zoro matches Luffy’s DC in Dressrosa. You’re just being weird to assume that suddenly he can’t when he hasn’t even tried

I mean I don't want to complain before the chapter is out, but what's actually the substance behind those last two chapters?

Sure, the action is nice and all, but if we're being honest, those two chapters didn't move the plot one bit.

We're still right were we were two chapters ago: The Supernova facing Kaido and BM on the rooftop, without anyone being injured.

Lucci and the Leader might be enough to take her down in a 2 v 1 in my opinion lol. If not we can add someone else into the equation.

But I would be a bit disappointed if the nova side got helped, I understand it's 2 yonko they are tangling with however and so my heart is quelled.

Oh and Yamato is still opponentless lol.
Yamato will 100% help in the fight against Kaido even though it’s not Odas style that a daughter helps to kills his own father. Oh Lucci and the leader vs Big Mom :steef: don’t make me dream... I know it will be crushed :josad::josad:

@Kuro Ashi
the scabbards didnt dodge anything they just got lucky the attacks missed everyone bar kiku
they didnt even react to it the only reason denjiro noticed invisible slashes was cause it cut through the rock
I'm wondering if it's the same attack now that i see this spread and look back at the spoiler thread.

It says that :

Kaido uses a new attack called "Great Wind"

We don't see the name of the attack used against the Scabbards, and if it was already used against them, it would obviously not be a new attack this chapter ?

How exactly did he outshine Law lmao?
Definitely I need that drug that you people take so I can live in that fantasy world!
Dont ignore the question.

How helping Luffy while also atacking makes him less impressive than just atacking?

You said it yourself, dint ya? he is helping out more than Law that has a DF basicaly designed to keep controll over the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.