Powers & Abilities General CoA Discussion - Basic & Advanced

Having a strong barrier that the enemy will not be able to penetrate.

Or maybe penetration haki negates/counters each other...Otherwise it'd be mad op i guess...
Post automatically merged:

His hand had already let go of the blade though when we see the hilt
nah, in the middle panel of the page i shared above. The hilt doesnt seem to be black.

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Having a strong barrier that the enemy will not be able to penetrate.

Or maybe penetration haki negates/counters each other...Otherwise it'd be mad op i guess...

nah, in the middle panel of the page i shared above. The hilt doesnt seem to be black.
I agree as well. It’s why just like FS i don’t think it’s infallible. There has to be a way that top tier should fight each other for days while having something so stupidly strong like durability bypass.

Well I guess that’s a mistake on the wikis part but his blade does have the same goopy dripping on a smaller level that Zoro has when he used hardening

Look at the hilt of the blade, it's not black.

When hardening is used on the blade it is usually black entirely.

Exactly this. Even the anime which is known for putting haki where there is none didn't show it hardened.
Also IIRC the coloured version also didn't have it blackened.

It is possible however that Raisin's sword could be a black blade. When Zoro first got shusui , he made a statement which implied that he knew about black blade before. Essentially if there were only 2 black blades in the one piece world, Zoro wouldn't have known about them as much as he did and the statement he made implied that there were multiple black blades in the world.

Something I've been wondering about is whether Ryou also includes life force and not just haki.
When Enma releases Zoro's Ryou, his hand shrinks. Overusing hako doesn't shrink body parts but just exhausts the individual. So does that mean Zoro's life force was also released along with his haki? He was also able to retrieve said life force back. would that be an application of life return?

Last edited:
Exactly this. Even the anime which is known for putting haki where there is none didn't show it hardened.
Also IIRC the coloured version also didn't have it blackened.

Something I've been wondering about is whether Ryou also includes life force and not just haki.
When Enma releases Zoro's Ryou, his hand shrinks. Overusing hako doesn't shrink body parts but just exhausts the individual. So does that mean Zoro's life force was also released along with his haki? He was also able to retrieve said life force back. would that be an application of life return?
IMO zoros arm shriveled up just because of enma drawing excessive haki from him, that he normally wouldnt be using to that extent.

Would Mihawk need Haki to Cut Jozu?
If the technique Zoro used in Alabasta is Haki based then yes.
Oda is bastardizing his manga, making everything about Haki, I woulda preferred Zoro's cut on Daz Bones to be a specific technique that deals with skill of swordsmen but Oda made it about Ryouou by having Hyogoro say the same thing Zoro said "Ryouou allows Haki users to be able to cut everything they want to cut and nothing they don't want to cut"

Though Mihawk is a freak of nature, cutting an Island sized Iceberg casually. Even if he can't cut Jozu, with pure blunt force he can break Jozu and kill him. Zoro couldn't cut steel up until Alabasta but he could break steel all the way back in Arlong Park

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
If the technique Zoro used in Alabasta is Haki based then yes.
Oda is bastardizing his manga, making everything about Haki, I woulda preferred Zoro's cut on Daz Bones to be a specific technique that deals with skill of swordsmen but Oda made it about Ryouou by having Hyogoro say the same thing Zoro said "Ryouou allows Haki users to be able to cut everything they want to cut and nothing they don't want to cut"

Though Mihawk is a freak of nature, cutting an Island sized Iceberg casually. Even if he can't cut Jozu, with pure blunt force he can break Jozu and kill him. Zoro couldn't cut steel up until Alabasta but he could break steel all the way back in Arlong Park
Yea I would like this stuff to not be Haki to be honest... It makes no sense for it to be haki. I think im with Kaneki's explanation on this issue but it's likely to be wrong with how Oda wants to tie things up quickly. It makes much more sense for BOAT to be a skill tied to Swordsmanship and that masters like Mihawk should be able to cut Diamond even without the use of Haki.