Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but that is STILL SANJI, not Oda.

Just because you don't like something the character did, doesn't mean he didn't do it, it's not Oda, is Sanji.

What Oda writes Sanji to do, is what SANJI IS DOING, is what Sanji chose to do, is what Sanji is actually doing.
I don't understand what you're complaining about? A fictional character is just that, fictional. Whether you criticize the writer's choices for said character or the character himself for said choices is at the end of it all the same.

If I don't read One Piece you guys don't even know One Piece exists.

King is most likely busy with Marco right now, certainly not Sanji. And Marco has no reason to postpone or drop.

Also there's substantial plot portrayal for Sanji v Queen.

Mr. Zoro Fan.
Queen vs sanji is a very messed match up.. and to say it has more plot portrayal to it... is incorrect.. just because he noted that he's judge's son doesn't mean he'll fight sanji.. they barely had an interaction... barely talked.. that was just a reference to Queen's affiliation with Vega punk or something of the sort

Sanji and king "clashed".. they derive their powers from the same source. (their emotional state ) king literally has a variant of diable jambe. their skill set matches alot unlike queen who's fighting style is...indescribable atm and widely varies from king's and sanji's..

if a fight between 2 swordsmen is much anticipated.. and hyped.. . i don't see why 2 combatants with the exact same attributes to their abilities can't fight.. and yes sanji might even get shat upon... but he won't grow if he doesn't suffer. and actually end up defeating king with the potential that he'll materialize in that fight.. soo i personally think its a well deserved and a relevant fight

Queen vs marco is relevant in more ways than one both are geeks and freaks of one of a kind.. one is a cyborg another has his DF abilities.. a highly unpredictable battle... but meh..

the point is sanji vs king is way more relevant...and a battle to look forward to..

Yes, i hate it too.

BUT IS SANJI DOING IT.

If Oda wrote Sanji to do this, that IT IS SANJI DOING IT.

That's my argument, Sanji fans keep trying to separate what Sanji does to just "That's Oda", there's no such a thing.

If Sanji does something in the story because Oda wrote it, than Sanjis is the one doing it.

We all hate this fucking gag and what is happening, but that IS SANJI. The gags of every character are part of that character.
I think you're heavily confused. Yes this is Sanji....and that is apart of his character. No gag is however present here. He is being his chilvarous self not his perverted self. Sanji is sticking to his character, however Oda purposely put him in this situation. Sanji didnt want to be in this situation. However the way Sanji is acting is all himself to blame. And he is not acting bad at all. Just sticking to his own morals as his character.

I

Indigo

Yeah. But it's like if Oda would play out Zoro's gag of getting lost every other chapter.

Like we constantly see Zoro get lost again and again and again.

Yeah, it's Zoro's thing that he get's lost, but do i get mad at Zoro or is it silly that Oda's playing that out so much in a way tha adds nothing to the story ?
Of course you get mad at Zoro, because that's Zoro doing it.

Don't we get mad at Zoro for losing his sword another fucking time? i do. If Oda chose and wrote Zoro to do something, than that's what Zoro did. Zoro and Sanji don't exist outside of Oda's head, these characters are their creation, so what Oda decides what they do, is what they are. It's that simple!

Yeah, but that is STILL SANJI, not Oda.

Just because you don't like something the character did, doesn't mean he didn't do it, it's not Oda, is Sanji.

What Oda writes Sanji to do, is what SANJI IS DOING, is what Sanji chose to do, is what Sanji is actually doing.
Gag usage feels like a 4th wall break to me. It's the author inserting a plot element for the audience, not for the story.

I

Indigo

Gag usage feels like a 4th wall break to me. It's the author inserting a plot element for the audience, not for the story.
That's no 4th wall break at all.

If the character has a characteristic and it comes to light, that's the characters decisions and actions. It's what the character is. He is doing what a person with those characteristics would do.

King isn't as strong as Katakuri.
King doesn't have FS to act as a complete hard counter to Sanji's abilities in the same way Katakuri did.

Doflamingo and Cracker weren't extreme, they were just experts at stalling his time limit. Where did Doflamingo ever look equal to G4 boundman? Cracker got one shot as soon as his stalling got interrupted.

Luffy is now pseudo emperor level, his commanders need to be pseudo commander level.

That's like saying how did the man who beat Mr 2 jump past Blueno level straight to dominating Jyabura. Sanji can beat the weakest YC1.
-King isnt as strong as Kata

i agree, but its not like Kata can mid diff King, it'd still be an extreme diff fight in favor of Kata (or at least a high difff if you lowball King), every Yonkou crew is seen to be pretty much equal, that's why the balance is still kept

- Doffy wasnt extreme

yes it was lol, i dont know what manga were you reaading, but it's clearly shown Luffy was taking heavy recovery after he defeated Doffy. And yes G4 pummeled Doffy, but it has time limit

- Cracker got one shot

yes, it was thanks to Nami lol, Luffy could only damaged Cracker with G4, at least it is what has been shown in the manga. Though i agree luffy could still defeat cracker on his own, but it'd still take an extreme diff fight

Anyway, the point is Luffy had tools to improve, doesnt matter if you consider it extreme or not, the point still stand, luffy improved through that

- Luffy is now pseudo emperor level, his commanders need to be pseudo commander level.

this is flawed logic, any real reason to backup that claim? Luffy is sttill nowhere near Emperror powerlevel wise

-That's like saying how did the man who beat Mr 2 jump past Blueno level straight to dominating Jyabura

No, you're using different analogy.
1. Sanji developed DJ
2. Sanji improved after defeating Mr 2

I

Indigo

I think you're heavily confused. Yes this is Sanji....and that is apart of his character. No gag is however present here. He is being his chilvarous self not his perverted self. Sanji is sticking to his character, however Oda purposely put him in this situation. Sanji didnt want to be in this situation. However the way Sanji is acting is all himself to blame. And he is not acting bad at all. Just sticking to his own morals as his character.
I'm not talking about Sanji not beating women, i don't care about that. It makes no sense for him to break his morals now and beat women.

What i'm talking about is Sanji not being able to use his raid suit, invisiblity, air walks and just speed blitz to get out this place. He can just ignore all the women chasing him, but no, he gets captured twice.

So when i criticize Sanji for this actions, Sanji fans tell me that's NOT SANJI, that is Oda. That Sanji is somehow being controlled by a higher being inside the story called Oda, because that's not Sanji's actual actions and choices.

You see where i'm getting at? it's that simple.

marco is a doctor.... your point?
Marco is the doctor due to his insane fruit.
he was also the strongest member of the WB pirates after WB.

Sanji is a cook because he wants to be a cook.
and hes very far away from being the strongest SH under Luffy.

just this chapter Franky is further widening the gap between them.
Sanji is now fifth after Franky, Jinbe, Zoro and Luffy.

not Admirals level material. sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.