Game of Thrones/ASOIAF

While it had some spectacular actions I did not find the story in season 6 to be really good with the way they treated the Northern storyline with the Northern lords being mostly indifferent to the Starks or loyal to the Boltons, whereas the books made it clear that it was far from being the case, and Rickon and Osha being delivered to and killed by Ramsay in such an unceremonious way, show Euron being nothing compared to what he is in the books, Dorne storyline being totally butchered in the show, Edmure being willing to let his uncle die whereas in AFFC he allowed the Blackfish to escape and even taunted Jaime about it, etc...

Besides I was not a fan of the way they tried to make us think that Cersei was a competent schemer and threat while it was made clear many times that she was too petty and short-sighted to be an effectual threat and that they made Jaime her puppy dog.
Basically, your problem is the series really didnt follow the books? I dont have the same problems as I didnt read the books.

Last edited:
Basically, your main problem is the series really didnt follow the books? I dont have the same problems as I didnt read the books.
I have not many problems with the changes as long as they are good ones and that the story is still well done as it was during season 2, 3 and 4 but it wasn't the case during season 5 and 6.

I have not many problems with the changes as long as they are good ones and that the story is still well done as it was during season 2, 3 and 4 but it wasn't the case during season 5 and 6.
Then why are you complaining about Cercei being a portrayed as a competent schemer. I think it was very well executed in the last episode of season 6. Blowing up the Sept of Baelor is one of the best moments in the entire series IMO

Then why are you complaining about Cercei being a portrayed as a competent schemer. I think it was very well executed in the last episode of season 6. Blowing up the Sept of Baelor is one of the best moments in the entire series IMO
Because Cersei was clearly portrayed to be too petty, tactless and short-sighted to be a really competent schemer both in the books and in the show before season 6. And her blowing the sept of Baelor is a great way to alienate nearly all of Westeros where she was already pretty much hated and despised by most.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
W8, u hate the books, or the show, or both?
I strongly dislike the show. A lot of the earlier seasons have charm and are well written, but knowing it all leads to Season 5 and onwards? No interest there, anymore.

Books are more sorted with me. I absolutely love Dance and Feast, though I know they're hated in the community, I think they're some of Martin's strongest. This also might because they were the least well implemented in the show, so it always feels new to me. I absolutely love the Dunk & Egg novellas though. George's best work.

So no one is going to talk about Lady Stone Heart huh? That's the plotline I'm most amped to see concluded in the books.

The show was kinda good, an adaptation doesn't have to be entirely faithful to the source (this is not an anime manga type of stuff). Though Book 1 was faithfully adapted.

Anyways for the book readers, GRRM has released around 8 chapters of Winds of Winter (the next book in the series). Some of the chapters are really great. I recommend reading Euron's chapter. That dude is insane. The show version can't even compare.

So no one is going to talk about Lady Stone Heart huh? That's the plotline I'm most amped to see concluded in the books.

The show was kinda good, an adaptation doesn't have to be entirely faithful to the source (this is not an anime manga type of stuff). Though Book 1 was faithfully adapted.

Anyways for the book readers, GRRM has released around 8 chapters of Winds of Winter (the next book in the series). Some of the chapters are really great. I recommend reading Euron's chapter. That dude is insane. The show version can't even compare.
Ah yes the show version of Euron is like a sheep compared to the original. Plus the Aeron chapter really show us Euron's true nature and how twisted, cruel and terrifying he truly is.

As for LS I expext Jaime to be a really difficult situation with her soon.

Because Cersei was clearly portrayed to be too petty, tactless and short-sighted to be a really competent schemer both in the books and in the show before season 6. And her blowing the sept of Baelor is a great way to alienate nearly all of Westeros where she was already pretty much hated and despised by most.
In the books she blows up the tower of the hand after Stannis is killed in it. I can't remember if that moment was included in the show.

Anyways cercie is a bitter woman. She was promised to marry Rhaegar then the prince went and married a Dornish princess the later fell in love with Lyanna . Remember this is the same Lyanna that Robert (Cercei's husband) was forever in love with :milaugh:. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

In the books she blows up the tower of the hand after Stannis is killed in it. I can't remember if that moment was included in the show.

Anyways cercie is a bitter woman. She was promised to marry Rhaegar then the prince went and married a Dornish princess the later fell in love with Lyanna . Remember this is the same Lyanna that Robert (Cercei's husband) was forever in love with :milaugh:. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.
Actually it was where Tywin died, Stannis is still alive.
Anyway Tywin was often wrong about his children Jaime and Tyrion when it came to evaluate their qualities and flaws but he was pretty spot on about Cersei's competence as a politician and ruler.

Actually it was where Tywin died, Stannis is still alive.
Anyway Tywin was often wrong about his children Jaime and Tyrion when it came to evaluate their qualities and flaws but he was pretty spot on about Cersei's competence as a politician and ruler.
Yea Tywin. Though Tywin was a good father to Tyrion. Sure he did some fucked up shit to him but most of the time he hard his best interests at heart. I mean he even made Tyrion The Hand :myman: and was going to send him off to the wall even after being convicted of regicide. That's a loving father right there.

Yea Tywin. Though Tywin was a good father to Tyrion. Sure he did some fucked up shit to him but most of the time he hard his best interests at heart. I mean he even made Tyrion The Hand :myman: and was going to send him off to the wall even after being convicted of regicide. That's a loving father right there.
Too bad he still couldn't shit gold.

Books are more sorted with me. I absolutely love Dance and Feast, though I know they're hated in the community, I think they're some of Martin's strongest. This also might because they were the least well implemented in the show, so it always feels new to me. I absolutely love the Dunk & Egg novellas though. George's best work.
I don't think books 4 & 5 were on the lvl of 1st 3 books, mainly cause of the meandering plot, Martin clearly lost his sense of direction with da story.

Too much pointless traveling, I've never heard of a story have so much boat journeys in my entire life.

Also, da dread I got from reading Jon PoV was unbearable. So much counting of the grains. It was all about Jon trying to figure out how to house da wildlings.
Post automatically merged:

Imo the best thing RR Martin does in 4-5 books is the game of thrones.

Sansa - Little finger chess piece
Jon Conington/Aegon - Varys chess piece
Martells - Doran & sand snakes plan
Cersei - her crazy machinations

Problem is there were too few chapters dedicated to them. Most of it was focused on characters who are not playing the game of thrones & their story lines were mostly boring travel journeys.

Last edited:
The Northern storyline is the one I am the most excited about right now with the incoming battle of Winterfell, the Northern conspiracy, Theon and Asha's issues, Jon's future ressurection, Davos' adventures on Skagos and the Stark reunions.