Speculations Sanji getting CoC

Will Sanji get CoC?

• Total voters
inb4 one of the usual suspects comes riding in to tell me I’m an asshole, but I still believe that too many CoCs spoil the broth...it’s a special ability for a reason, giving it to more than one other person in the crew outside of Luffy will only cheapen and diminish it. Zoro seems more likely than Sanji, but I’m sure Oda won’t let one unlock it without the other.
That’s a pretty dumb statement since there was a literal crew with 4+ users of it and it’s normal in the new world
Post automatically merged:

Debatable. One fights Yonkos, the other jobbs to Gifters.

There is not a thing like rivalry between Zoro and Sanji. Fans made it up so they can glow up because they push their character to be Zoro's rival.

Unless some people really count ship gags as fucking rivarly lmao.
it’s not a gag it’s been a literal rivalry for 24+ years sorry your headcanon tells you otherwise

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Debatable. One fights Yonkos, the other jobbs to Gifters.

There is not a thing like rivalry between Zoro and Sanji. Fans made it up so they can glow up because they push their character to be Zoro's rival.

Unless some people really count ship gags as fucking rivarly lmao.
Precisely why I’ve always said Zoro makes more sense than Sanji, we haven’t seen anything so far to disavow me of that notion. I just think Oda would feel compelled to give it to both just so they (and all of us here) have more reason to clash and keep this one-sided rivalry going.
If One Piece was a different Series, I could see the crew all being CoC users. But the way Oda writes and makes the story and all; Hell no.
I just don’t think everyone having it adds anything to the plot or makes possessing the ability as impressive as before, would it really be that fun to see Luffy knock out thousands of foot soldiers and then Zoro and Sanji gripe about how they could have done it too?? They wouldn’t get half as many chances to show it off, it’s just excessive at that point.
That’s a pretty dumb statement since there was a literal crew with 4+ users of it and it’s normal in the new world

it’s not a gag it’s been a literal rivalry for 24+ years sorry your headcanon tells you otherwise
You’ve made some pretty infamous dumb statements around here, so I’ll take your word for it, but using the most anomalous collection of strong pirates as your only example is putting too fine a point on your shitty argument.

I think the possibility is there for him to get it, but I am still split 50/50 on the matter, unlike Zoro and Usopp who I am certain will get it.

You have to look at it like this. Judge is a King and a Conqueror, but that doesn't mean he automatically has CoC, BUT it does mean that his bloodline has the potential for CoC. Sanji has 4 other siblings, and including himself that makes 5 potential candidates. Sanji is regarded as the anomaly, or in other words "Failure" of the 5. However, Sanji has achieved on his own, what his siblings were essentially given to them upon birth. I think that if Oda really wants to drive home the concept of Sanji actually being the true "Success" story of the Vinsmoke bloodline and rightful heir to the throne, then giving him Conqueror's Haki will be the final step in solidifying it.

inb4 one of the usual suspects comes riding in to tell me I’m an asshole, but I still believe that too many CoCs spoil the broth...it’s a special ability for a reason, giving it to more than one other person in the crew outside of Luffy will only cheapen and diminish it. Zoro seems more likely than Sanji, but I’m sure Oda won’t let one unlock it without the other.
more than one having coc won't diminish it bc it's different stages to it if luffy master it his heavey hitter's should have it also not as strong as him but they could use it. I see zoro sanji jinbe and if she joins yamato

Lmao

My thing regarding this, is that Luffy specializes in Conqueror's Haki, which essentially makes him rare in an already rare category. I can't foresee many other CoC users in the series who actually specialize in Conquerors Haki outside of Luffy, Roger and MAYBE Shanks and Whitebeard. The way I look at it, is those who don't specialize in CoC will never be able to achieve with it, what those who do specialize in it, can. So if there were more CoC users in the Straw Hats, it shouldn't diminish it, because Luffy will pretty much be the Palladium in the Gold mine.

I would say it's less than 50/50 at this point, maybe around 30% at best. But saying Usopp has more chances of getting it is nuts, considering what we know about CoC. Usopp could get it but Sanji's chances of having it are much higher. Whether people like it or not, CoC is a warrior trait and in absolutely every group in the story, CoC is possessed by the ones who are at the top of the hierarchy, those who are the crème de la crème of their faction.

That's why BM and Katakuri are the ones who have it in BM's crew, or Roger, Oden and Rayleigh in Roger's crew. Sure, there are characters like Shanks, who wasn't among Roger's strongest men despite being a CoC user, but he was just a kid far from his prime back then. Do you expect Prime Usopp to be a greater warrior than Prime Sanji ?

As for Yamato, she's overhyped as usual, saying she might have CoC because her father has it makes sense, but using a theory based on another theory (Yamato having CoC and her joining the crew) to dismiss the possibility of Sanji getting it is nonsensical.

I think the possibility is there for him to get it, but I am still split 50/50 on the matter, unlike Zoro and Usopp who I am certain will get it.

You have to look at it like this. Judge is a King and a Conqueror, but that doesn't mean he automatically has CoC, BUT it does mean that his bloodline has the potential for CoC. Sanji has 4 other siblings, and including himself that makes 5 potential candidates. Sanji is regarded as the anomaly, or in other words "Failure" of the 5. However, Sanji has achieved on his own, what his siblings were essentially given to them upon birth. I think that if Oda really wants to drive home the concept of Sanji actually being the true "Success" story of the Vinsmoke bloodline and rightful heir to the throne, then giving him Conqueror's Haki will be the final step in solidifying it.
Usopp won't get it. The guy is a gag character, and as per Oda's comments will always be the weakest Straw Hat.

Like seriously, CoC is people with unwavering determination. These are the heavyweights of One Piece.

Usopp won't get it. The guy is a gag character, and as per Oda's comments will be always be the weakest Straw Hat.

Like seriously, CoC is people with unwavering determination. These are the heavyweights of One Piece.
Oda also said he keeps Usopp as close to human as possible because he wants the readers to feel like they are growing as Usopp is growing. So if the readers are meant to grow alongside Usopp, then there has to be a payoff with a sense of fulfillment in the end.

Coward Usopp, and Brave Warrior of the Sea Usopp will be like night and day. Oda has already shown what Usopp is capable of on multiple occasions when he shreds his fear. Him vs Luffy is a prime example, as nobody expected Usopp to last as long as he did, or deal as much damage as he did to Luffy, and the insane part was he did it while severely injured. Shows you the huge difference between the two Usopps.

I would say it's less than 50/50 at this point, maybe around 30% at best. But saying Usopp has more chances of getting it is nuts, considering what we know about CoC. Usopp could get it but Sanji's chances of having it are much higher. Whether people like it or not, CoC is a warrior trait and in absolutely every group in the story, CoC is possessed by the ones who are at the top of the hierarchy, those who are the crème de la crème of their faction.

That's why BM and Katakuri are the ones who have it in BM's crew, or Roger, Oden and Rayleigh in Roger's crew. Sure, there are characters like Shanks, who wasn't among Roger's strongest men despite being a CoC user, but he was just a kid far from his prime back then. Do you expect Prime Usopp to be a greater warrior than Prime Sanji ?

As for Yamato, she's overhyped as usual, saying she might have CoC because her father has it makes sense, but using a theory based on another theory (Yamato having CoC and her joining the crew) to dismiss the possibility of Sanji getting it is nonsensical.
LMAO this Sanji

Usopp won't get it. The guy is a gag character, and as per Oda's comments will always be the weakest Straw Hat.

StRaWHaTs WoNt FiGhT ToBbi RoPPo

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
My thing regarding this, is that Luffy specializes in Conqueror's Haki, which essentially makes him rare in an already rare category. I can't foresee many other CoC users in the series who actually specialize in Conquerors Haki outside of Luffy, Roger and MAYBE Shanks and Whitebeard. The way I look at it, is those who don't specialize in CoC will never be able to achieve with it, what those who do specialize in it, can. So if there were more CoC users in the Straw Hats, it shouldn't diminish it, because Luffy will pretty much be the Palladium in the Gold mine.
This is the only cohesive argument I’ve heard in all my time here, so I buy it. Luffy’s definitely on track to reach whatever the advanced form of CoC is, that new layer will still separate him if several of his underlings achieve the basic one.

I already see Current Usopp as a better Warrior than Sanji. Dressrosa Usopp was a braver more valiant warrior than current Sanji. Usopp never runs from his fights. When he does, he says sike and fires a shot to win. Sanji has done nothing but run every single fight or situation he’s been in, until he’s been caught..

LMAO this Sanji

Thank you for this Usopp Dressrosa panel. I’ve been searching a while for it.

LMAO this Sanji

Oh yeah dude. A guy shitting his pants at the mere sound of a rumble, is going to get CoC. You got me there.

Why don't you go read what Oda actually said about Usopp.

Oda also said he keeps Usopp as close to human as possible because he wants the readers to feel like they are growing as Usopp is growing. So if the readers are meant to grow alongside Usopp, then there has to be a payoff with a sense of fulfillment in the end.

Coward Usopp, and Brave Warrior of the Sea Usopp will be like night and day. Oda has already shown what Usopp is capable of on multiple occasions when he shreds his fear. Him vs Luffy is a prime example, as nobody expected Usopp to last as long as he did, or deal as much damage as he did to Luffy, and the insane part was he did it while severely injured. Shows you the huge difference between the two Usopps.
Dude. The weakest guy on the crew who is the biggest coward won't get CoC. That's the exact opposite of what CoC is. CoC is harboured by Pirate Captains and Vice-Captains.

I already see Current Usopp as a better Warrior than Sanji. Dressrosa Usopp was a braver more valiant warrior than current Sanji. Usopp never runs from his fights. When he does, he says sike and fires a shot to win. Sanji has done nothing but run every single fight or situation he’s been in, until he’s been caught..

Thank you for this Usopp Dressrosa panel. I’ve been searching a while for it.
Nah, I'm not talking about subjective criterias, I'm talking about strength. Besides, Usopp let several Tontattas die out of cowardice. I don't remember Sanji running away from a fight, he sees the bigger picture and fights when he has to, as opposed to Luffy and Zoro who only care about fights.