Not open for further replies.
Light D Lamperouge > RheanaeL
Go D. Usopp ™ > Flower > Fujishiro > Light D Lamperouge > Fujishiro
Flower > Go D. Usopp ™ > RheanaeL
RheanaeL > Light D Lamperouge > Go D. Usopp ™ > Light D Lamperouge
MangoSenpai > Go D. Usopp ™
Lindltaylor > Flower
Fujishiro > Finalbeta

Yet I have 2 votes, this is interesting.

It's no lie. You hardly see me voting a lot in a Mafia Game, ask around. I think it's the other way around and this is a pitiful element you are adding to build off a case to set me up. I often attempt to rack up as many notions about a player as possible until the total gets consistent enough, before voting aforementioned player out.

Cool bro.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Are you repeating how much you are Town in an attempt to convince us as such? This is a pretty common scum tactic, where one attempts to insert something that isn't proven to be factual, as factual, in order to get people to look past them.
No, expert Scum would not employ WIFOM (Wine In Front Of Me, circular reasoning). Expert Scum would appear to be contributive, while actually only contributing fluff/not scum hunting. It's true that scum tend not to want to act like scum, but fluffing or not is mostly playstyle-related this early on.
Yes, because this would exhibit behaviour that suggests the player in question is not scum hunting. Scum tend not to want to scum hunt, because either their contributions will in time be proven to be false/misleading, which would lead the town to them, or they are correct, and will lead the town to one of their scum buddies. So a player who is flagrantly not trying to hunt scum, and instead buffers the thread with useless observations and remarks, would indeed be exhibiting scum behaviour. In an ideal world, this would be cut and dry, but unfortunately it often contains false positives, and people like to consider themselves authorities on what contributes as "scum-hunting" - a vague and ill-defined term at best. Which means oftentimes the player caught via this is a townie playing like an extra scum member, or a townie who was scum hunting, but wasn't employing the same methods that the vocal townies like to use, so were told they wasn't scum hunting. It's still worth bearing in mind, of course, scummy behaviour should always be called out, but I'd be wary about using it as the sole determinator for a lynch.
Is this going to be the extent of your contributions?
Why are you asking us to tell you what your conclusions should be? This reads like you trying to get confirmation that this is viewed as scummy behaviour that you can push safely, which would also imply you're unable to determine that for yourself. Which, in turn, indicates scum logic.
What evidence is there in thread to support this conclusion of yours?
The key word here being primarily[/], as we will later see Finalbeta misuse this term.
Why on Earth would we apply generic odds on the likelihood of a role existing, in a role madness game?
I hate that a Day Phase of this length is considered "long". Her jumping from one lynch to another is a generic scum tell, because it shows behaviour of someone who is pushing votes to see what gains traction, rather than pushing votes based on what they've determined is scummy behaviour. Scum tend to want to get votes on townies.
This is not a justifiable reason to excuse scummy behaviour. While you are correct in that it's a very low-level scum tell, it is a scum tell for a reason. I feel like you are being unduly defensive of Rhea here.
Your contributions thus far have consisted of you asking for more input on a small fluff dialogue between three people, out of which even you seem unsure who looks suspicious enough to push from, and beg for a dance partner. If you've been "busting scums", I've yet to see any evidence of it here.
Why is this your conclusion?
Can we please stop getting caught up in last game? This game is the current one, I feel like too mucn discussion has occurred based on the previous game. Meta is a fickle thing.
I agree, but this is really the average Mafia experience. And it is Day 1, after all.
Correlation does not imply causation. This is utter nonsense.
But if you're dealing with a savvy scum member, chances are it's the little details that will be important. Which is to say, while context is important, dismissing posts because they're isolated is not the way to go either.
What does "liking" in this context then, if not to indicate alignment? I can understand it not being a strong read, sure, but to say it's not indicative of alignment at all really bewilders me.
Here we have Beta misusing OMGUS. Questioning the line of suspicion raised against you based on the logical merits it has is not the same as suspecting someone simply because they vote for you.
*Urge to be Kanye-sama intensifies*
Oh My God You Suck. A nuanced term that often gets applied without nuance. The idea is that, when someone votes for you, you respond by claiming they are the scummy ones, not you, because they voted for you. It's nuanced because if you are town, you are approaching the game from a townie mindset. So when someone does not share that mindset, or even really close to it, and is reading the game very differently from you, it's a natural reaction to suspect that the reason they are doing so is because they don't share your alignment. Thus, if you are town, their chances of being scum increase. However, to avoid using OMGUS, you need to ensure that you establish that their reasoning for voting for you is flawed, and better yet, flawed in a way that is not simply mistaken, but manipulative and scummy. If you skip this stage, or ignore it entirely, then you probably end up using OMGUS. If you're unable to establish why their reasoning is flawed, even as a means to defend yourself, then you probably shouldn't be openly voting for/suspecting them in thread.
Rhea, towards Light, is pretty much OMGUS. I say pretty much, because Light's suspicion on Rhea is based heavily on pedantic reasoning that can be reasonably explained away via common sense, but Rhea has not articulated any of this in the thread. Or at least, hadn't at the time of voting for Light.
Your soft defence of Beta has been duly noted.
It's not really that difficult. As town, you want to highlight and ultimately remove players that are playing like scum. Beta is one of those. If you feel like his play isn't scummy enough to warrent a lynch over others who either are scummier of offer more of an upside information wise, then you keep him on the back burner until he either makes his alignment clearer through his posts, or a Vigilante decides to remove him (which is what the Vigilante should be shooting for at this stage of the game, if they must shoot at all). If you feel like there are no better lynches, then he's as good as any other policy lynch (others being hard inactives or players who have only posted to fluff). I can get behind a Beta lynch today, I can also back a Rhea lynch, a God D. Usopp lynch, and part of me is feeling a Flower lynch, but less so than the others.
I like the effort here. One thing that I do have to note is that this is the first time I am seeing this play from you, and we played I think 2 games, Weeb and Wano, where you were town and survivor, but didn't play like this at all. I have seen @Lindltaylor say he remembers your essays quite a lot, so it does seem you can play like that. Though Lind is this type of play on Ratchet's part in any way alignment indicative?

It's not really that difficult. As town, you want to highlight and ultimately remove players that are playing like scum. Beta is one of those. If you feel like his play isn't scummy enough to warrent a lynch over others who either are scummier of offer more of an upside information wise, then you keep him on the back burner until he either makes his alignment clearer through his posts, or a Vigilante decides to remove him (which is what the Vigilante should be shooting for at this stage of the game, if they must shoot at all). If you feel like there are no better lynches, then he's as good as any other policy lynch (others being hard inactives or players who have only posted to fluff). I can get behind a Beta lynch today, I can also back a Rhea lynch, a God D. Usopp lynch, and part of me is feeling a Flower lynch, but less so than the others.
I agree. But that's also the reason why I said I am conflicted. Getting Beta out of the game is not a difficult thing to do most of the time. But leaving him on the back burner will make us forget him most of the time as well. Beta can be a good lynch as he has had some heat with Fuji now, and the above thing you noted which was Flowa soft defending him, when I am not seeing townie Beta at all. I just haven't made up my mind yet.

fufu it appears i was summoned! really good timing i just logged in lol

is there anything worth reading in the past 38 pages.. or is it just yall flirting with each other
Celest dear is that you?

There's a lot of fluff here and there but also some discussion that can be valuable for the future.

I had sometime to think about lights meta while I was off
specifically the punk hazard game for those who played there
he was great at being present/active , trying to start conversations

but his scum pushes were nothing substantial at best
I find the push for a reaction on rhea weak
essentially I think he's great at faking contribution and the push on rhea being a 3rd time player came off as a rather easy choice.
she played great as lara croft last game but I have no doubt she had help
dont think so this time.

light has my vote for now.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Rhea flip flopping with votes isn't scum indicative because of timing and context.

Her flipfloppin happened at the beginning of day one - time frame when scums usually avoid taking any undue risk.

So her shifting with votes reflect her casual behavior which is more town like Rhea.

To me, usoop is more leaning towards scum and I am casting my vote on him.

Vote Lynch usoop

Strong sensation that Fujishiro and Light are scum buddies. If Usopp's theory is correct, which wasn't harsh at all to come up with, and there are 4 mafia, they would be meant to constitute the two gentlemen.

Light is giving off the vibe he will most likely vote me in order to salvage his own exposed skin.

Keep this post for future reference when this game will end. I'll do mea culpa and be ashamed if I was wrong.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I see. Are you gonna contribute anything to this game now Midnight? What are your reads? Whom do you sus? I've seen you talk about mechanics and your playstyle and that reading Beta is difficult. That's about it from I remember.

I had sometime to think about lights meta while I was off
specifically the punk hazard game for those who played there
he was great at being present/active , trying to start conversations

but his scum pushes were nothing substantial at best
I find the push for a reaction on rhea weak
essentially I think he's great at faking contribution and the push on rhea being a 3rd time player came off as a rather easy choice.
she played great as lara croft last game but I have no doubt she had help
dont think so this time.

light has my vote for now.
Well you're wrong. I can tell you that much. At least about me being scum part.

I like how you dismissed Rhea on exactly the same things I mentioned not to take lightly lmao. But you do you.

Light is giving off the vibe he will most likely vote me in order to salvage his own exposed skin.
Nah. I don't vote to save myself. I prefer an I told you so than staying in the game.

Keep this post for future reference when this game will end. I'll do mea culpa and be ashamed if I was wrong.
Well I can tell you that you can be ashamed immediately because you are wrong. Fuji and I are not scum buddies.

I see. Are you gonna contribute anything to this game now Midnight? What are your reads? Whom do you sus? I've seen you talk about mechanics and your playstyle and that reading Beta is difficult. That's about it from I remember.

Well you're wrong. I can tell you that much. At least about me being scum part.

I like how you dismissed Rhea on exactly the same things I mentioned not to take lightly lmao. But you do you.

Nah. I don't vote to save myself. I prefer an I told you so than staying in the game.

Well I can tell you that you can be ashamed immediately because you are wrong. Fuji and I are not scum buddies.
and who else aside from rhea?
beta ....

Status
Not open for further replies.