Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
If he's lucky he gets a third party member like Weeble if he comes...or possibly fights Big Mom again. If not he'll just play support and heal everyone once they get injured. Pretend like he's doing and fight some fodders along the way.
Weevil would annihilate a lot of folks if he came. Don't see it occurring unless he specifically came for Marco.

Why do ppl keep on this stag beetle meme? Zoro was fighting a room of like 500 people by himself the stag beetle guy had one line
Cause you are mistaken about who was Zoro facing
500 are the sum of all smile gifters on Kaido’s crew... it was stated since Dressrosa arc by Law...

meaning Zoro was fighting a small bunch of those 500, not all 500

anyways, putting fear into two yonko at same time >>>>>>>>>>> than facing 500 nameless gifters... so point still stand regardless

Kaido is Zoros fight through and through

From thematic perspective, Japanese mythology is riddled with legendary swordsman slaying dragon

Wano represents Japan and God of Wano country is known dragon slaying

Zoro has only shown interest in Kaido all throughout the arc. Blatantly ignoring commanders right in front of him

Zoro has personal connection with Hiyori who could be his potential love interest and her father is killed by Kaido

Tbh just the idea of a dragon in Sword country getting defeated by a punch sounds awkward af
Its like you guys miss the point of my post entirely or literally just read over my words lol.

I literally say ZKK can still happen. The theme of the arc is still maintained because Zoro has now fought and hurt Kaido and can get that dramatic moment later. There's barely any setup of Sanji fighting a calamity and we all expect it right (outside of a comment from Queen)? Same instance with Zoro, we don't know until Oda services the plot. You think people thought Sanji would go through yet another Kalifa moment this arc lol?

Anyway, to imply Zoro is going to outshine Luffy is just sad at this point, we know its not happening. Luffy WILL be the one to defeat Kaido. If Zoro does cut his head off, its going to be after Luffy already wins.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I dont like Brook teaming up, rather he have a solo fight with WW.
Brook cannot beat WsW 1 vs 1. WsW is hyped to be the strongest F5 (not counting Drake).

He was destroyed by Peros like a child except a insane PU i don't see it possible.

So him having a team fight is actually quite good

Ace did in Alabasta. Sabo did in Dressrosa. You seriously think Marco will get any special treatment. He's role is not to fight the main baddy or their group.

It's New Gen vs Beast Pirates. Meme's crew aint even here. Nobody is even gunning for her tbh.
Aces and sabos roles were explained very well and their reasons for being there and why they had to go were explained and made sense. Marco came to help not to come and go. Its not a brief appearanc he will be in wano for the full arc

But you are assuming the fight on the roof is the ONLY place the fight is taking place or if things won't at all shift. Any number of things can force or set aside Zoro for something else entirely, only to return later. I don't expect them to "win" on the roof, thats the difference in our expectations.

Again, not saying ZKK can't happen, I'm just saying I don't think his fight with Kaido will be the entirety of Zoro's role in the arc. People will see what I mean once the island lands/crashes or the fight on the rooftop ends with the Yonko thrashing everyone (because we know its probably coming at this point).

I will entirely be glad to eat my words otherwise.
I never mentioned ZKK or winning. I said Zoro has to cut Kaido’s chest up and leave this man permanently scared remembering Zoro for the rest of his life (if he even has a long life)

Like there is Zero chance in my mind Zoro does less damage than the Scabbards. Yes I mean Zoro will do more damage than THE COMBINED POWER of all the scabbards because Zoro is in fact stronger than all of them.

He has to reopen the scar and even give Kaido a new scar with his third sword

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Who the hell said he would care to defend Judge’s honor?

Anyway I’ve tried to explain this using how narrative works.

It’s clear, unless Oda brings Judge himself to Wano, the plot point of Queen being connected to Judge wouldn’t exist unless it is going to lead to something with Sanji. Sanji is the only person on the island who would care about this and so by the very rules of narrative he will be involved.

That’s just drama. The same way it was clear Zoro was fighting Kaido dozens of chapters before we even reached Onigashima, the rules of drama already predicted it would happen.

You have no alternative here than saying Oda is bad writer so maybe he will introduce a plot point that no main character cares about
I say it's bad just because I think it's bad.
He fought Mr2 because he had Usopp glasses and was chasing Vivi.
He fought Satori because Satori appeared there.
He fought Jabura because Zoro was busy with Kaku and no one but Sanji could take on Jabura at the point. Usopp and Nami would just die.
He fought Absalom to save Nami.
He fought Wadatsumi because he made Nami fall.
He never had any "personal history" with his enemies.
Don't see the appeal for the "vinsmoke" tie just to make it more believable for Sanji to fight Queen. Just seems pointless.
But I also said that is as things stand now. I could have a change of heart, depending on Oda develops it. :kayneshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.