Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda has been using Asspull powerups since Enies Lobby. Arguably since Zoro vs Mr 1

I kinda wish he relied on strategies instead of brute force. I can hardly name Strategy based fights since the Timeskip
The difference between strategic fights in OP and other manga is that Oda doesn't really have characters narrate inside their own heads all throughout. You just have to read between the lines to appreciate something like Luffy using a hurricane kick to push through Dofy's guard or something I guess

The difference between strategic fights in OP and other manga is that Oda doesn't really have characters narrate inside their own heads all throughout. You just have to read between the lines to appreciate something like Luffy using a hurricane kick to push through Dofy's guard or something I guess
A lot of early fights were pretty strategic and didn't need narrators.

By Enies Lobby One Piece fights became one massive "Punch/Kick/Slice harder" fest

Still think Sanji vs Queen is happening, but let's not act like Jack is some scrub.

Jack and Queen are practically equal in strength, people use the scene where Queen berates Jack in order to power-scale, but that is simply because Jack is like a little brother to him.

It's like how Smoothie is much stronger than Oven but still takes orders from him.

And imo the spoilers have more setup for Yamato vs Jack, since her story has ties with scabbards and Momo plot.
Jack is some scrub. Just like Judge’s waste of c*m.

Anyone here can quote me.

I’m locking in:
  • ZKK
  • Luffy v BM and Kaido
  • Zoro v King High-Extreme Diff
  • Jinbei, Sanji v Queen High Diff
  • Jinbei v WsW Mid-High Diff
  • Yamato v Jack High Diff
  • Yamato v Smoothie High Diff
Fixed it for you

I dont think Sanji will remotely fight PerosPero
Post automatically merged:

The problem is he got out and then got caputred again instaed of running away, At least in khalifa situation he wasnt able to run away at one point because of her devil fruit so it looked less pathetic
Where's the character growth? His character has heavily regressed since Zou

Nah I said Queen and Perospero.
Imho, Queen and weakened Jack are perfect options. Sanji can grow stronger by fighting a weakened YC and correct his weaknesses from 2 year timeskip. It seems Ivankov taught him nothing useful and he just tried to learn somethings on his own.
He should progress slowly. Let him take a weakened opponent and a few Gifters, he can grow in power. After that he can take Queen.

A lot of early fights were pretty strategic and didn't need narrators.

By Enies Lobby One Piece fights became one massive "Punch/Kick/Slice harder" fest
Again, my example. I just happened to have volume 78 next to me. Luffy uses two high kicks to get Dofy blocking right and the third kick in the sequence changes levels to catch him mid. That's the kinda shit people who actually fight do. That's a move Hwaorang has, straight up. Luffy for one is written as an intelligent brawler. Oda does these intelligent sequences that go over heads, but he also lampshades it so people can get it. Like the same volume has the bait and switch attack Law uses to catch Dofy twice where otherwise he was getting read. Also is the blatant Tactics no 5 from Zoro to beat a guy who could escape him by employing an enormous defensive shell

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
Imho, Queen and weakened Jack are perfect options. Sanji can grow stronger by fighting a weakened YC and correct his weaknesses from 2 year timeskip. It seems Ivankov taught him nothing useful and he just tried to learn somethings on his own.
He should progress slowly. Let him take a weakened opponent and a few Gifters, he can grow in power. After that he can take Queen.
It’s a masssive dissapointment that Sanji hasn’t been given Haki Progression. Otherwise he’d be further ahead. Ffs even Usopp had it. Oda slapped on a raid Suit and called it a day. Oh well. Even then dude ain’t try to leave Maria.

Status
Not open for further replies.