Status
Not open for further replies.
If Oda doesn't make Sanji fight off and defeat a calamity this forum will explode but I don't find it likely at all. I judge matters in total honesty.
Why not? Sanji is one of the main fighters on the crew and considering this is like the first arc we've had since the timeskip where almost every straw hat seems to have a fight lined up for them, it would just seem wrong to not have him get a main fight.
There's already some stuff set up with each calamity pretty much, so by all means Sanji is one of the most likely people to fight one of them.

Again, my example. I just happened to have volume 78 next to me. Luffy uses two high kicks to get Dofy blocking right and the third kick in the sequence changes levels to catch him mid. That's the kinda shit people who actually fight do. That's a move Hwaorang has, straight up. Luffy for one is written as an intelligent brawler. Oda does these intelligent sequences that go over heads, but he also lampshades it so people can get it. Like the same volume has the bait and switch attack Law uses to catch Dofy twice where otherwise he was getting read. Also is the blatant Tactics no 5 from Zoro to beat a guy who could escape him by employing an enormous defensive shell
My issue is that ultimately this strategy didn't matter in the long run. Luffy just used Gear 4 to brute force his way through Doflamingo

We almost never see Characters defeating Stronger Characters with strategy alone. It honestly would have been far more satisfying if Luffy defeated Doflamingo without Gear 4

why do you think shimotsuki lore has more to do with a battle with king
from what I recall the lords of wano were killed by kaido.
Here's the scene. Yes, it says "Kaido saw to it that Ringo did not escape destruction either", however we have no idea if this is literally Kaido or his subordinates, hence the subjectivity of the scene.

I mentioned King (as a theory guys...) because its clear the subordinates rule over particular parts of Wano:

- Jack: Kuri
- Queen: Udon
- Orochi: Capital

While nothing for Hakumai, Kibi and Ringo. I was just guessing that King potentially was responsible for the Ringo massacre and ruled that region. This was pretty much before Zoro even went up to Kaido. Not only that at this point I expect King to be in charge of Hakumai, as it seems like Kibi and Ringo are just dead locations with nothing notable. Hakumai has the secret entrance, which King may or may not guard as a result.

All in all, that really has nothing to do with the legitimate connection between Sanji and Queen lol.

Here's the scene. Yes, it says "Kaido saw to it that Ringo did not escape destruction either", however we have no idea if this is literally Kaido or his subordinates, hence the subjectivity of the scene.

I mentioned King (as a theory guys...) because its clear the subordinates rule over particular parts of Wano:

- Jack: Kuri
- Queen: Udon
- Orochi: Capital

While nothing for Hakumai, Kibi and Ringo. I was just guessing that King potentially was responsible for the Ringo massacre and ruled that region. This was pretty much before Zoro even went up to Kaido. Not only that at this point I expect King to be in charge of Hakumai, as it seems like Kibi and Ringo are just dead locations with nothing notable. Hakumai has the secret entrance, which King may or may not guard as a result.

All in all, that really has nothing to do with the legitimate connection between Sanji and Queen lol.
Ayyyy I deadass just said King v Zoro in Ringooo let’s goo i didn’t know there’s canon stuff as some proof

It’s a masssive dissapointment that Sanji hasn’t been given Haki Progression. Otherwise he’d be further ahead. Ffs even Usopp had it. Oda slapped on a raid Suit and called it a day. Oh well. Even then dude ain’t try to leave Maria.
He was trained by the wrong person. All of it could have been solved if Kuma sent him where Marco was. Marco would have given him an amazing training and he would be ready to New World.
I appreciate his efforts to improve himself but it seems he had not been educated properly. A person cannot learn everything on his own.

He was trained by the wrong person. All of it could have been solved if Kuma sent him where Marco was. Marco would have given him an amazing training and he would be ready to New World.
I appreciate his efforts to improve himself but it seems he had not been educated properly. A person cannot learn everything on his own.
Ivankov is the most random shit. Oda thought how could I fuck Sanjis shit up and make it look like a decent spot. Sends him to Okama island.

Ivankov is the most random shit. Oda thought how could I fuck Sanjis shit up and make it look like a decent spot. Sends him to Okama island.
Iva didn't even train Sanii. He just told him to fight the 99 Okama fighters. We don't even know if he's one of them.

At this point I even doubt that's the case as I really doubt someone that Kuma was terrified of is weaker than Vergo

Don’t misunderstand me, Ivankov is strong, else he wouldn’t have been the third in command in Revolutionary Army. He is possibly at the same ballpark with a YC3/YC2 too. However, he did not educate Sanji. He just threw him to wild and told him to steal recipes from Okamas. Maybe he interrupted the ordeal sometimes (such as explaining what Haki is when Sanji awakened and properly used it), however, that was it.
Sanji’s problem, to me, seems like improper education instead of being a weak character himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.