General Mafia General Chat

What if the next few games fill up fast too, are you still gonna be saying that?

Because we've gotten a huge influx of players and prospective hosts ever since the begining of fall if i recalll.

And it would be foolish to stem that influx from continuing just because you guys are afriad it might cause grown adults to grow burned out or something.
Looool Fuji. The Valentine game barely filled up, go reread the sign up before you go saying imaginary stuff.

To me, it depends on the setup and Theme. Valentines is something a few people will wanna try or enjoy, but say an Attack on titan, a DBZ, a Harry potter,etc game is open. It'll fill up lighning fast and you're kidding yourself if you think it won't.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
It's just not about getting required number of players. People forget that even if we got players then in the past getting subs became an issue many times.

See, we started mafia here with 8 or 10 people and many were new.

From there we reached to this present situation which itself is big deal. Yes, credit goes to quality games but one thing people overlook is it also happened because our coaches followed fixed schedule based on calendar with required time for players to take break. They have planned it well.

It always has been first come first serve in Calendar with big games being followed by small games and it worked well for us.

So, This isn't about old hosts or new hosts but about worst gen mafia community as a whole. And, tbh, when it comes to managing the whole community is concerned then I think staff and coaches have done great job so far.

Yes weeb game was big and we may see one or two more games having sign up filled quickly but that doesn't indicate for sure that we can have two parallel games. All it shows is yes community is growing and players are getting matured with new ones coming in but it's still too early to go for two parallel games.

You don't go around making big changes based on small success. We have to wait for some more time to see whether two parallel games is need of the hour or not and as of now I don't think so.

I don‘t think it will work, especially not with a big game running with another. I remember I hosted my game on OJ once while there was also a Weeb game going on. Barely any activity and Town lost because of that. I think at max this works with a ToS taking place while another game is running. But even that is questionable.

I don‘t think it will work, especially not with a big game running with another. I remember I hosted my game on OJ once while there was also a Weeb game going on. Barely any activity and Town lost because of that. I think at max this works with a ToS taking place while another game is running. But even that is questionable.
The suggestion was never “two big games at the same time.” It was always two small games.

N

Noctis

I mean if you are gonna host a game alongside 44 players game with such big roles then obviously one will become the victim of inactivity.

Look, there is a problem right now, clear as day for everyone to see, that the calendar is too far backlogged. We need to find a solution to that problem.

I have a game I want to host here. It’s highly unreasonable to ask me to wait more than six months to host my game. That goes doubly so for the people who wanted to host small games.

Please don’t be obstructionist about this.

D

Dragomir

There won't be two concurrent games being run. We will maintain the one game at a time structure that has been of success for this community. That being said, the complaints about there being too much backlog in games are valid and we don't want our hosts, especially new ones, to have to wait months maybe even a year before they can host.

We have a solution to this is. When the current game reaches Day 2, the next host in line should post the signup thread for their game ASAP. And when the ongoing game is reaching its last few cycles, the next host should start their game. If you're unsure about whether or not a current game is in its last few cycles then feel free to talk to the current host to get their estimate about how many cycles are left in the game.

The current calendar will stay as it is. Going forward, there will be no switching spots. As per the rule, first come first serve. You'll have to wait your turn. So @Robin that proposal of mine to switch your game with mine is gonna be a no-go.

If you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Look, there is a problem right now, clear as day for everyone to see, that the calendar is too far backlogged. We need to find a solution to that problem.

I have a game I want to host here. It’s highly unreasonable to ask me to wait more than six months to host my game. That goes doubly so for the people who wanted to host small games.

Please don’t be obstructionist about this.
Adding to this, it’s even more unreasonable that the calendar is not only planned an entire year in advance, but also in a highly specific order. If two hosts want to trade places on the calendar, they should be able to do so.

It’s unbelievable to me that you’re actually letting AL forbid people from swapping places with one another on the schedule. His desire for absolute control and meticulous planning with the schedule has gone far beyond being helpful.

If it’s going to take 10+ months for my turn, then just take me off the schedule. I’ll already have hosted the game elsewhere and moved on to the next game by then.

It’s unbelievable to me that you’re actually letting AL forbid people from swapping places with one another on the schedule. His desire for absolute control and meticulous planning with the schedule has gone far beyond being helpful.

If it’s going to take 10+ months for my turn, then just take me off the schedule. I’ll already have hosted the game elsewhere and moved on to the next game by then.
It's not all AL, staff discussed it and decided we can't let you swap because you'd go before people who'd been waiting in line for a long time, and you just applied.

The schedule is going to be sped up and we'll work on this, but ofc you can quit if you like. :optimistic: