General Mafia General Chat

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Opinions from players and hosts are fine and welcome, but essentially how a section is going to be managed is only up to the staff.
Ya!! Call for general meeting. Complete the file on the matter and report to me in two hours for the discussion. 👍

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
The calendar is becoming a serious problem for this section, and we need to discuss potential solutions.

The calendar is so heavily backlogged that people are being told to schedule games a year in advance. This is scaring off prospective hosts, and for those who do schedule games so far out, you will soon begin to discover that people often forget commitments they made a year ago. This is most egregious in the case of people who want to host small games, and are being denied any real opportunity to do so.

Part of the problem is that games are being bottlenecked far more tightly than is necessary. We just held a 51 player game here, and now the smaller games are filling so quickly that people who want to play aren't getting the chance. We should be producing games far more quickly, and smaller games should be running concurrently. Refusing to do so is suffocating this section and impeding its growth.

As well, the schedule is being overseen too strictly. Another host offered me their position on the calendar to help circumvent the aforementioned scheduling problem, but AL refuses to allow it because he thinks it will cause us to have too many games that have more than 25 players. For reasons which I don't understand, he thinks games of that size are bad for the section. I think that what is far worse for the section is to deny new hosts the chance to host their games here.

I'm making a very reasonable request. I have a 38 player game that I want to host within a reasonable timeframe from now. That I am not being given any chance to do so is a serious problem with this section. Most people put in this position are simply going to leave and play elsewhere.
But I agree, this is a very real sentiment. When I wanted to host my expected time to host wouldn't be before 8 months or so, which is like.. well fine.. No getting around that if I want to host here.

I mean you can make a rule like : 2 games can run concurrently, however, at least one of them has to have less than 20 players or something or just make 2 calendars for botg options and a host has to decide where to put his game in the 20+ players calendar or the 20- calendar
in anyway you shouldn’t be the obstacle stoping this forum to grow...I think.
Bye

AL sama

Red Haired
I mean you can make a rule like : 2 games can run concurrently, however, at least one of them has to have less than 20 players or something or just make 2 calendars for botg options and a host has to decide where to put his game in the 20+ players calendar or the 20- calendar
Bye
borto remember OJ and how we all burned out??

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Bye
Umm that's now how you say it.

First, you have to file an Interlocutory Application to any of the mod via role pM. Don't send it to Nat (She is always drunk) or Luthon (He won't give a damn)

Then we will process your IA to look into merits of your suggestion. If the grounds are good enough then a copy of it will be circulated among all mods and admins and a meeting will be called.

During the discussions, if we will be needing your attendance then you will be informed so in advance.

Please don't skip or your suggestion would be sidelined unless you file review petition again directly to admins but that would be your loss because Bogard hardly reads his fuckn PM despite being active.

There is another way and that is to bribe informers and we will fight for your cause.

You are welcome!!

N

Noctis

Make a thread, put a poll on whether players want two games to be hosted at the same time or not. At least it will work for knowing community opinion, as for waiting for your game turn, that's inevitable. People shouldn't expect to put their game on the calendar and then host it, there is a huge line waiting before them waiting to host their game and that is the main cause that your hosting game coming late, nothing else. Hosting two games at the same time at best reduces your one-year wait to 6 months plus the number of players you will be getting will only decrease due to the number of games them playing. So with all these conditions met you guys are free to say your opinion on two games at the same time.

I say we allow it as a experiment

N

Noctis

That's not feasible like... At all.

Just last week you barely patched up players for your 18 player Valentine one. Two games at the same time will not be possible any time soon here.
The burning curiosity of people whether they want two games or not will be resolved. Also, Drago got 18 players in no time, sometimes it depends I guess.

borto remember OJ and how we all burned out??
I understand you but Al, Yeah but OJ was running 3 games concurrently, you can’t compare that to a suggestion that says a game and a small game. That’s like half of what OJ did, and for a while OJ actually was doing well having 3 games at a time, turbos in between. Learn from the mistakes, yes, don’t over do it ofc but if the form wants to grow don’t stop it, just do it safely
Umm that's now how you say it.

First, you have to file an Interlocutory Application to any of the mod via role pM. Don't send it to Nat (She is always drunk) or Luthon (He won't give a damn)

Then we will process your IA to look into merits of your suggestion. If the grounds are good enough then a copy of it will be circulated among all mods and admins and a meeting will be called.

During the discussions, if we will be needing your attendance then you will be informed so in advance.

Please don't skip or your suggestion would be sidelined unless you file review petition again directly to admins but that would be your loss because Bogard hardly reads his fuckn PM despite being active.

There is another way and that is to bribe informers and we will fight for your cause.

You are welcome!!
I said this cuz I wanted to host a game, I have a great idea about a game but like Robin said I can’t be committed for a whole year heck I don’t even know how my life would be 2 months from now
But I am not that energetic player that would play 2 games at a time I would barley play a few games in the whole year, this is not my fight, I quit that was just a suggestion on top of my head

If you will not produce games more quickly, then the calendar must be deflated in another way. Perhaps people who have already gotten to host a few games here could abdicate their spots to newer hosts? Dragomir tried to do that with me, but AL refused to allow it.