Status
Not open for further replies.
How do i care so much more about Zoro's character than most of his declared fanboys :josad:
You don’t. You just want him to fight a YC so you can pretend him and Sanji are on the same level which is why you’ve been pushing the whole “he's there to support Luffy as a first mate” nonsense when he explicitly said he wants to cut down Kaido.

Last edited:
See how you need to go to the other extreme to argue against my point here. I'm discussing Oda doing the bare minimum of giving Zoro one significant swordsman fight in the New World before we reach Raftel and fight Blackbeard's crew, and giving him said fight in the Land of Swordsmen pretty much, and you're countering that by saying that he should not have to fight "every single swordsmen".

It's arrogant to say that a Yonko First mate is not a suitable opponent to spur growth in a Zoro who's still in the process of mastering Enma. I'm pretty sure you get that feeling as well as you write that post.

It's also kind of funny how it's constantly argued that Zoro should get fights because that's his role, and his path is one that requires him to defeat strong opponents to become the strongest swordsman, and now we're fine with him not getting a 1 vs 1 fight, not defeating a single swordsman of note in Wano.

I just can't see how we are happy with that as fans of Zoro who want to see his journey towards becoming the WSS.
I’m not happy with Zoro not having a 1v1 fight against a swordsman in Wano. But me being happy or not is totally irrelevant to Oda’s choice concerning the character progression.

I did not go to the extrem, my sentence was not supposed to be taken literally but to explain that apparently Oda does not feel the need for Zoro fights every swordsman he met to make him grow.

Who Zoro have fought in Wano before reaching the roof?

-Orochi’s goons
-Hawkins
-Ninjas
-Apoo
-Killer
-Gifters

He has a skirmish with Denjiro but he did not go deeper than that because Denjiro turns out to be an ally. Oda could have make Zoro fights all the strong swordsmen he introduced us n the arc but he did not. He did not even show Zoro showing any interest into fighting them. Therefore it seems to me that what Oda is doing with Zoro is different from what we thought he would do.

You think it is arrogant because you think I’m talking powerscalling wise when I’m not.
King does not offer anything to Zoro in the 3 axes I talked about previously that the fight with the two yonko did not already give (in a better way). Heck, fighting Big Mom could allows him to learn how to cut lightning.

He does not offer anything to Zoro character wise either. And with Oda emphasized the « New gen vs Old gen », I do not see how Zoro fighting King can fit in this narrative. Especially after all the effort Marco put to allow Zoro to reach the roof.

I was a big defender of Zoro vs King but I do not see the point to be stubborn about it. It seems to me that it is not what Oda is aiming for.

"When Kaidou appeared for the first time, I said that Luffy can't defeat such a strong character yet. And I'm yet to know how Luffy would defeat Kaidou. Probably my audience will not be satisfied if the reason for defeating Kaidou is just because Luffy's punch is so strong. Luffy and I have to find a solution somehow."

So what happens if Luffy and the author don't manage to find this solution?

I tell you, Zoro and the author shall manage to find it.

Seriously, do you guys have mental problems or something? "Luffy and I" = Zoro? You're straight up becoming clownish and unbearable.

Of course it goes either way, but you can't ignore the fact that Sanji has been treated by Oda in a very particular way. He is not the typical battle shonen character. He cooked a massive cake, he cried a bunch of times , he has thousands of gag moments and his fighting moments were really cool, and sometimes really impressive, but a lot of times he has been used as a hype tool.

And Zoro fans are a lot.

They are more than us, way noisier and have many more occasions to grasp to mock Sanji or his fans.
It's not the same thing.
It's not exactly equal but the spitballing takes place on both sides, taking place on two Large Forums at least, OJ and Worst Gen.
It's enough to become a meme onto itself.
But you answered yourself, Zoro and Sanji haven't been "treated" or have acted in the similar manners... Sanji has cried, Baked a Cake for their Enemy (Something that has already happened before with the Baratie Arc and the Krieg Pirates), while Zoro does tend to get lost and fuck up a few times, the divide on those things are not equal.
Sanji has gotten the worst of it for some reason, And we do notice it, but as readers, wtf are we supposed to do?

Technically not true, Ace with Yamato and Ace and Tama, years before Thriller Bark, indirectly but still a connection.
are you okay in the head? where did i mention that Zoro was the first one in the story to have a connection with kaido? All i said is that Zoro was connected to wano before luffy

Just because he has a role here, doesn't mean he defeat main antagonist over MC especially he hasn't shown anything to push he can beat Kaido in solo fight to begin with. 5 vs 1 doesn't help that and Enma isn't enough for that either.
Stop with the head canon, All i did is refute your claim that zoro only on roof top because of Enma. And i disproved that by stating that he had connection to wano and kaido even before luffy which makes him more rightful to be there.
But yes to answer the question Zoro will do more than luffy in this fight and all the overshadowing since thriller park are pointing to this.

It's not even about overshadowing Luffy.

I'm not even discussing this from power level perspective, or wanting to keep Zoro in check.

I think Zoro should both fight King, and open Kaido's scar and giving Luffy the biggest helping hand with that in defeating Kaido.

I want to get the swordsman fight, and the feat that puts Zoro on the path of surpassing Oden.
Oh I totally agree. But apparently even remotely removing Zoro from the Kaido fight (so Luffy can have his 1v1 moments) is an improbable, almost inconceivable thing to these people.

Thats actually what I want (and partially expect to happen).

- I expect the roof fight to end, the Supernovas "lose" (temporarily/Onigashima crashing/whatever, doesnt matter). Maybe Zoro injured Kaido signficantly, maybe it happens later, who knows. It'd be like how Law hurt Doflamingo before getting removed from the fight.

- I expect Perospero to create a new problem for Marco, thus either causing him to lose or shift the fight so King/Queen pursue other avenues of this fight (i.e. Zoro and Sanji, because its customary).

- Zoro, injured or not, fights King, and wins.

- Luffy gets his 1v1 fight (sans the other Supernova. Idk)

- Luffy wins either with help or not. Zoro comes back in and gets his Ryuuma moment.

This is actually would I would hope happens. Its highly dependent on how the rooftop goes, but im entirely hopeful because none of the calamities have even received a matchup or focus this entire raid yet, and I definitely don't count Marco because he's clearly there to stall for other reasons.

But again, we'll see. If Zoro is meant to stick with Luffy until the end and not get a swordsman battle, then so be it and that would be Odas choice.

I said more than once that i dont think ZKK will happen, and that it is Luffy>Zoro.

Dont try to put that on us, the ones who started saying one character was bleeding against gifters and having a hard time was Sanjifans, we just shoved the garbage they said in their own faces. The ones who kept saying "Zoro will fight injured kaido in the roof" where also Sanjifans, but look how hard the tables have turned....You reap what you sow.
:gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
Again not taking no side, but just saying neither should make statements when we don't know what happen given unpredictable nature at times with Oda.

Well your in position now and you can stop this if you stop with react talks from your side. If you can tell them to tone it down, then we can avoid more on this continuing as it takes both to create this situation, so both need to tone on both sides, not keep it going when one wasn't trying to start it.

:goyea:.

Oh I totally agree. But apparently even remotely removing Zoro from the Kaido fight (so Luffy can have his 1v1 moments) is an improbable, almost inconceivable thing to these people.

- I expect the roof fight to end, the Supernovas "lose" (temporarily/Onigashima crashing/whatever, doesnt matter). Maybe Zoro injured Kaido signficantly, maybe it happens later, who knows. It'd be like how Law hurt Doflamingo before getting removed from the fight.

- I expect Perospero to create a new problem for Marco, thus either causing him to lose or shift the fight so King/Queen pursue other avenues of this fight (i.e. Zoro and Sanji, because its customary).

- Luffy wins either with help or not. Zoro comes back in and gets his Ryuuma moment.

This is actually would I would hope happens. Its highly dependent on how the rooftop goes, but im entirely hopeful because none of the calamities have even received a matchup or focus this entire raid yet, and I definitely don't count Marco because he's clearly there to stall for other reasons.

But again, we'll see. If Zoro is meant to stick with Luffy until the end and not get a swordsman battle, then so be it and that would be Odas choice.
cry zoro ain t fighting king deal with it

are you okay in the head? where did i mention that Zoro was the first one in the story to have a connection with kaido? All i said is that Zoro was connected to wano before luffy

Stop with the head canon, All i did is refute your claim that zoro only on roof top because of Enma. And i disproved that by stating that he had connection to wano and kaido even before luffy which makes him more rightful to be there.
But yes to answer the question Zoro will do more than luffy in this fight and all the overshadowing since thriller park are pointing to this.
Do you think it's ok to insult someone? Are you alright in the head? If you can't handle being told something that counters your PoV then maybe it's not the person you're arguing with but it's yourself.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Zoro ain't fighting King no matter how loud u cry on anime forum.

Zoro is fighting Kaido alongside Luffy and the rest Novas.

Deal with it.

That's such a shallow way to look at things. How do i care so much more about Zoro's character than most of his declared fanboys :josad:
Nope not shallowed at all, Zoro needs to become the worlds strongest swordmen, Meaning one of the top people in the story, And for him to do so he needs to fight and have feats the top guys including Yonkos, So him being on the roof top makes sense for his end goal more than fighting a swordman every single time he fights. He fought many swordmen and will fight many more, But he has to fight top dogs aswell. Infact not fighting top dogs will make less sense. And just fighting mihawk at the end wouldnt make sense either because he needs to fight the top guys to reach his level because mihawk himself is a high toptier. So it all adds up

You are a Sanji fan mate. You kept dunkin on Zoro and suddenly switched to King vs Zoro.

Even @Jackteo said u are different from ur takes on King.

You got completely debunked here son.

Move on.

Zoro vs King might be in ur wet fanfic. No one cares. It ain't happening.

Zoro has enough swordsman on his way he can take on.
Proving my point.

You just can't conceive that i'm not like you to the point you need o make up shit.

I've always supported Zoro vs King and not a single time said Sanji would fight King in Zoro's place.

No shit some Sanji fans never liked me not being on board with Sanji vs King and not arguing on that front alongside them.

This post is so bad faith it's no point further engaging with you in any discussion. Don't waste your time quoting me, as i'm not going to reply.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Injuried Marco vs King?(The only fight with I still not know how to feel it, we going see where Oda is going on with King)
Sanji vs Queen(Drake most like join Sanji against Queen).
Yamato vs Jack
the pics drawing by 106.101 is vague for me, its like Marco will doing something with his DF which is maybe he will make a healing AoE which is used so many Stamina and then Marco will be "out" for a while.
so Oda using Hyougoro to forced Marco to do that "healing AoE" or something like that.

for the match up, i think
Injured Marco/Sanji vs King
Sanji/X-Drake vs Queen
Yamato vs Jack

but with Perospero come to the match up poll, i only see Marco/Sanji vs Perospero.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Proving my point.

You just can't conceive that i'm not like you to the point you need o make up shit.

I've always supported Zoro vs King and not a single time said Sanji would fight King in Zoro's place.

No shit some Sanji fans never liked me not being on board with Sanji vs King and not arguing on that front alongside them.

This post is so bad faith it's no point further engaging with you in any discussion. Don't waste your time quoting me, as i'm not going to reply.

You got debunked at least 3 times in this thread and u still being on ur mad train which no one follows.

Zoro is not fighting King no matter how hard it fits ur agenda.

Zoro is above Commanders at this point live with it and wake up.

Not headcannon to say Luffy over Zoro, bruh. He seems to be as Kaido keeps mentioning Enma and Oden's spirit inside of it. Not same portrayal to guy with many Pirate Legends on how far his 'ceiling' will go even his former Captain Xebec was behind him. Nothing is same on Zoro side at all your forcing about.

Nah he won't, bruh. Luffy will be one to have major spotlight. He can get his shine, but not over Luffy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.