rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing I said indicates otherwise lol.

I'm just saying I don't think we are going back to the roof yet. Last chapter ended with Hyougoro, I expect next chapter to at least be partially centered on that.
Yeah, considering the flow of events, Oda isn't quite done moving the available chess pieces.

Still missing Fukurokuju, remaining numbers, and Hawkins.

With Perospero showing up after beating Carrot, I think this is a good opportunity for Chopper.

Like I said, sure but there's zero guarantee. People expected the rooftop the last 3 chapters lol so be prepared for it to not happen again potentially.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, considering the flow of events, Oda isn't quite done moving the available chess pieces.

Still missing Fukurokuju, remaining numbers, and Hawkins.

With Perospero showing up after beating Carrot, I think this is a good opportunity for Chopper.
Tbh I dont think any non-beast pirate will be a strawhat opponent. This chapters color spread and the CP-0 guys speech about defeating the beast pirate executives makes it fundamentally clear to me that we will only see major matchups with the Beast Pirates.

Not saying Perospero won't fight anyone or be taken out by someone I fundamentally don't believe Sanji or Chopper will fight the character as their arc defining fight.

Like I said, sure but there's zero guarantee. People expected the rooftop the last 3 chapters lol so be prepared for it to not happen again potentially.
Post automatically merged:

Tbh I dont think any non-beast pirate will be a strawhat opponent. This chapters color spread and the CP-0 guys speech about defeating the beast pirate executives makes it fundamentally clear to me that we will only see major matchups with the Beast Pirates.

Not saying Perospero won't fight anyone or be taken out by someone I fundamentally don't believe Sanji or Chopper will fight the character as their arc defining fight.
I can understand the point, but Perospero currently roaming free right now, especially so close to Marco. The only Strawhat there capable of turning things around is Chopper. And Perospero beating Carrot, who is Choppers little sis? Could have an emotional main character moment there.

I can understand the point, but Perospero currently roaming free right now, especially so close to Marco. The only Strawhat there capable of turning things around is Chopper. And Perospero beating Carrot, who is Choppers little sis? Could have an emotional main character moment there.
Yeah but Chopper is still busy with the virus and who knows what happens with Peros at that point. Not to mention, Oda's not really one to alter the themes of an arc. Perospero is a tertiary player at best this arc and is here to act as a foil for Marco.

This might seem weird at the moment but I think Chopper has ties to fighting Drake. Think about it:

- Drake is the last of the F6 not tied to a Strawhat, yet funny enough he's guarding Chopper

- Chopper is creating a vaccine to a virus that causes you to indiscriminately attack anyone.

- What happens if Drake gets infected like Hyougoro? Drake is really strong and if the vaccine requires injection, it may be up to Chopper to subdue him before saving him.

Just my 2 cents here cause it seems like the writing is on the nose, especially when it comes to the role Chopper is playing. I thoroughly believe Pero is being done in by something else.

If people can believe Chopper could fight a 700 million bounty pirate like Perospero, they can believe he can fight a 220 million one with Drake.

Edit: Not to mention, but Oda STILL draws Drake as part of the Beast Pirates this color spread, as if he were potential opponent/villain. Him being the only remaining F6 member (former or not) near yet another Strawhat is just screaming a matchup to me

Status
Not open for further replies.