Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You got it backwards, the real question here is: "Has shanks ever defeated Mihawk?"

And the answer is an obvious NO to anyone who can pay bare minimun attention to the story, both fought, both are swordmen, Mihawk has the unquestioned tittle of strongest swordsman alive.
:milaugh:
Shanks or Mihawk (I don't fu*king care on which side you are, it's not the point) haven't defeat each other. Their rivalry stopped when Shanks lost his arm.

Oh for fu*k's sake... ๐Ÿ˜ก has Mihawk defeated Shanks; Has Whitbeard defeated Roger; Has Kaido defeated Whitbeard? Fu*king BS!!! I'm so fu*king tired of those titles: for love of GOD please tell me, do those titles have any credibility at all? Oda has completely ruined their meaning by handing those titles 'left and right' whiteout even single thought ofโ€” how is he going to make sense out of it?

None of these titles were earned in battle or given by someone else, it's just an imaginary thing, it doesn't even exist at all. Oda has ruined the credibility of almost anything in one piece, I don't even know (I bet you guys don't know ether) what is true or wrong. For example: Roger failed to defeat anyone in 1v1 battle, Whitbeard had never defeated anyone in 1v1 battle, Kaido and Meme had failed to defeat, anyone, at all. The fucking Mariens failed to defeat every fucking single "great pirate" that ever existed. Luffy will not defeat Kaido and Big Mom and his fight against Blackbeard is nothing more than a fight between new Emperors have yet to prove their strength against noneโ€“existing Emperors because all of them were/will be defeated in team battle. And this is only as far as powerscaling goes; the amount BS that plot part contains is even too much for me.
Post automatically merged:

All of that is the failed-attempt to explain Oda's plot holes that turned one piece into a fence.
Those titles, just like Bounties... are there for hype for fans... don't be so angry LOL, chill...

Oda also realized he was fucking up when he was gonna make bounties over 300 mil have small increases.... people were disappointed that Luffy from punching celestial dragon, into breaking impel down prison, freeing many prisoners, escape, then marineford war, his infamy became so huge, revealed as Dragon son... then all of that was to increase him to 400 mil..... then Dressrosa arc happened, and Luffy only jumped to 500 mil.... people were SO DISAPPOINTED specially with the length of the arc, and the pay off of bounty was so low...

resulting in Oda changing his mind about bounties increase being low, and he introduced Jack having a bounty of a billion, then Katakuri and Luffy's next raise was to 1.5 billion... only to reveal Yonko later on having many billions...

These tremendous increases resulted in getting back the enthusiasm regarding bounties... and thus, it maintained it's importance by fans...

Titles are same, they are not the all be all... but it gives MAJORITY of fans their hype for what's coming to be enthusiastic and to be welcoming for what's about to come and not feel that the level of what's to come is already met from previous opponents... thus Oda will surely introduce such title in future like "Strongest entity" or generalizing more to be "in history" where he includes all eras...

these type of stuff Oda will 100% play on in future for the hype to continue for fans... it's Shonen 101 subject LOL

Shanks or Mihawk (I don't fu*king care on which side you are, it's not the point) haven't defeat each other. Their rivalry stopped when Shanks lost his arm.
Shanks has the better title anyway,

Emperor Pirate title >>>>>>>>>> WSS Pirate title,

Unfortunately we need to spoonfed others.

If someone like Katakuri, or Marco beats WSS, nothing happens. It's still WSS.

Pirate Emperor can't afford to lose to other pirates like Katakuri (Luffy's previous opponent) or Marco (BB's previous opponent), it's a big difference.

4 Emperors are the strongest 4 pirates, and mihawk is a pirate so the answer is clear.

You got it backwards, the real question here is: "Has shanks ever defeated Mihawk?"

And the answer is an obvious NO to anyone who can pay bare minimun attention to the story, both fought, both are swordmen, Mihawk has the unquestioned tittle of strongest swordsman alive.
:milaugh:
Neither won in their fight/s. That's why when Mihawk showed up to talk to Shanks about Luffy, Mihawk said "I have no interest in settling things with you, now that you lost your left arm."

But Mihawk has the title, so he is the strongest.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž

If someone like Katakuri, or Marco beats WSS, nothing happens.

Emperor can't afford to lose to Katakuri (Luffy) or Marco (BB), it's a big difference.

4 Emperors are strongest 4 pirates, and mihawk is a pirate so the answer is clear.
Okay, Karen.

All we know is that Mihawk refused twice to fight Shanks.
If by "refusing to fight" you mean making fun of Shanks for being a "criple" when he showed Luffy's bounty to him, or by not atacking him when he saw him in marineford....

Thats one hell of a way of trying to twist what happened LMAO, Mihawk lost interest in Shanks because the result of a duel between the two would be obvious, no point trying to fight someone who is weaker than you....Same reason why Zoro dosent give a flying fuck about Law also being a swordsman.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
โ€Ž
Sanji at the genetic level is a modified human like his brothers as the germa scientist noted but he didn't manifest the superhuman strength, exoskeleton and maybe invisibility powers knowing what his intended RS is capable of thanks to Sora's drug. So it's possible that the unintended combination of modified lineage factor and Sora's drug granted him powers, his DJ, that's related to emotions which what Sora primarily intended to preserve in her children.

However it could also be explained as just special Haki or technique that Sanji developed on his own too.

I just hope Oda will address the origins of DJ going forward in the manga and not leave it unexplained.
He will leave it unexplained. 99% sure of it.
I think WCI had a great opportunity of explaining it, but it didn't.
I never really thought about Vegapunk being a confrotation for Sanji. More like for Franky/Chopper.

Someone fighting with a gun and a sword might be weaker than someone else in a sword fight, but better overall when they have their gun.

Floyd Mayweather is a better boxer than Conor McGregor, but in a straight up fight Conor McGregor would win.

Like if you took away Big Momโ€™s homies and had her fight Mihawk with a sword, sheโ€™d lose. But if you give BM her homies itโ€™s not obvious that she still loses (note: I think Mihawk > BM, this is just to get the idea accross).

Morj essentially said the only way Shanks is stronger than Mihawk is if he has some ridiculous advanced conquerorโ€™s haki that lets him shoot dbz beams and is clearly outside the domain of swordsmanship.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
โ€Ž

If someone like Katakuri, or Marco beats WSS, nothing happens. It's still WSS.

Pirate Emperor can't afford to lose to other pirates like Katakuri (Luffy's previous opponent) or Marco (BB's previous opponent), it's a big difference.

4 Emperors are the strongest 4 pirates, and mihawk is a pirate so the answer is clear.
zoro isn't agree

Mihawk is a pirate, Shanks is one of the 4 strongest pirates, so nope. Shanks has the title, he is the strongest.
Mihawk is a pirate, Shanks is one of 4 biggest pirate crew. They're called yonko.. Shanks is a swordsman. Mihawk is the strongest swordsmen. That's it. Mihawk the strongest. The only reason he ain't a yonko is because he don't have any crew, fleet, commander, territory like shanks

Those titles, just like Bounties... are there for hype for fans... don't be so angry LOL, chill...

Oda also realized he was fucking up when he was gonna make bounties over 300 mil have small increases.... people were disappointed that Luffy from punching celestial dragon, into breaking impel down prison, freeing many prisoners, escape, then marineford war, his infamy became so huge, revealed as Dragon son... then all of that was to increase him to 400 mil..... then Dressrosa arc happened, and Luffy only jumped to 500 mil.... people were SO DISAPPOINTED specially with the length of the arc, and the pay off of bounty was so low...

resulting in Oda changing his mind about bounties increase being low, and he introduced Jack having a bounty of a billion, then Katakuri and Luffy's next raise was to 1.5 billion... only to reveal Yonko later on having many billions...

These tremendous increases resulted in getting back the enthusiasm regarding bounties... and thus, it maintained it's importance by fans...

Titles are same, they are not the all be all... but it gives MAJORITY of fans their hype for what's coming to be enthusiastic and to be welcoming for what's about to come and not feel that the level of what's to come is already met from previous opponents... thus Oda will surely introduce such title in future like "Strongest entity" or generalizing more to be "in history" where he includes all eras...

these type of stuff Oda will 100% play on in future for the hype to continue for fans... it's Shonen 101 subject LOL
Anyway... I'll wait until fans start to realize (which will surely happen) that everything in one piece has no credibility at all, zero, nine, absolutely nothing. Even the sacred title of the "Pirate King" doesn't exist, like literally doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.