Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why no Fukurokuju option? he seems like a good candidate.

We don't know his abilities, and Transformation Jutsu is a classic in ninjutsu (and i'm not talking about Naruto here). We also know he is inside Wano, he probably has met Oden in the past or has access to paitings / Orochi to tell him how he looked like. He also has the longer ears that could've been the original shadow. And his is MIA for now.
Good point. We never saw him again, would be quite the twist if he helped them out/or luring them to a trap even tho that seems pointless when there's Jack on his way.

If this truly is Oden and not some weird slight of hand set up by the Beast Pirates or one of Kanjuro’s drawings, I’ll feel comfortable calling it Oda’s biggest narrative misstep of the series. We’ve literally learned everything there is to know about Oden, and most of it has only served to make him less and less impressive as the arc stretches ever onward. Toki is like every one of us here - tons of wasted or otherwise unrealized potential, constantly shafted by some shitty writer and relegated to a footnote in what should be the perfect arc to yield focus a bit.
Yikes you summarized it really well. It’s true with Toki. I wanna know where Oda is heading with this one. It’s in bad taste if anything. This war has too many moving parts.

So we have:

Laffitte --- Flight + Hypnosis
Devon --- Shapeshifting
Shiryu --- Invisibility
Sanjuan Wolf --- Size Manipulation

BB Pirates are clearly given Best DFs for Infiltration/Betrayal which fits Theme of Teach just like Food DFs for BM & Zoans for Kaido
So what DFs others might steal? They need to be Perfect for Infiltration or Deception & also their Users are not Major Characters so that Oda can easily report them Dead & got their DFs taken by BB Pirates without anyone hearing about it, just like Absalom

There is:

Blueno's DF
Blamenco's DF
Kelly Funk's DF

Blueno's DF is Perfect for Van Auger, he will be truly a Difficult Sniper to Hunt who can shoot from anywhere
Blamenco's DF is Perfect for Vasco Shot which is why Oda gave him that Wide Neck xD
And Kelly Funk's DF is also Ideal for Doc Q who can use it become Stronger, that's why Oda didn't mind introducing him as Very Sick

This leaves us with Avalo Pizzaro & Jesus Burgess who lack DFs
Good DFs that are Suitable for Burgess's Fighting Style are:

Mr.5's DF - Miss Doublefinger's DF - Sharinguru's DF

However seeing how BB Pirates are gonna fight Marines somewhere, it's possible Burgess will take Sharinguru's DF making his Attacks much more Powerful

Pizzaro imo will get a New DF just like Devon

Whatever makes you feel better man i don't need to cope, and argue semantics just because you can't accept what has already been confirmed very ironic that you accuse people of lacking reading comprehension when you just read the answer you seek:suresure:
So lack of reading comprehension it is then. No point in wasting more time on this, since that is the only piece of evidence straight from Oda which you cling on here

You still haven't disproven how canonizing a character is the same is making all of that story canon too.

In fact here's the full answer-

Well, here are two questions about my old short story collection, "Wanted!" I'll tackle Ryuma's first. The zombie Ryuma appears in Chapter 450 from this volume, and he is indeed the Ryuma who starred in "Monsters". In the world of One Piece, he's now a legendary swordsman who died of sickness. I wouldn't have minded if this had just slipped through the cracks, but I was happy to see that so many people noticed. Next, Garp. He appeared as Luffy's grandpa, and a pirate no less, in the one-shot that served as the basis for One Piece. He might look the same, but I want you to see these as different stories. Grandpa Garp from THIS One Piece is a true blue Marine, from birth till death!!

Going byyour logic, you would start claiming that the entire story revolving Garp's one shot should be canon too, where Luffy wants to be the peace main.:suresure:

And while I'm at it, @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna and @spawn probably have cases of poor comprehension too.

This would be Oden sent to the future to free Wano and that would go back to end his role in the past and die, so no character resurrection :kayneshrug:
Oden was boiled beyond repair that Kaido did a favor to him by making his death quick. The moment he got out of that boiling oil he was going to die a painful death, there is no way he was gonna recover.

I

Indigo

Well, he is still being true to himself.

What he is talking about here is when a character really is CONFIRMED DEAD, and then the author finds a way to bring them back to life, like Dragon Ball, remember that Oda loved Dragon Ball.

In Oda's perspective, he doesn't kill the characters at all, he just puts them in such horrible situations that it seems like they are dead and Oda never really confirms it, so when they show back up it's not a revival, just a reveal that someone didn't die. That's what he did with almost every character.

That's why characters like Roger, Whitebeard and Ace are trully dead, but the rest are still fair game. I still think Pedro is showing up at some point.

So the fanbase gets mad because they believe when Oda puts character in situations where they "die", and other characters keep saying they are dead, but in reality they got out of it somehow.

Worst

Custom title
Some considerations (probably already made previously but TLDR);

We can safely say that this IS NOT Oden too small body, and is too small to be Kanjuro as well, this person is the size of Hyori / Toki and "Oden" enters through a door pparently so this person is "probably still there"

...i'm starting to think that this might actually be Oden maybe not the Oden that died but a previous one (maybe the one that was still travelling with Roger/WB) cuz that Oden might say he missed the scabbards since he was travelling a couple of years with Roger/WB, it could actually be Toki that managed to bring him here somehow.....(maybe like the Toki Toki no mi works like the Ope Ope no mi and you can sacrifice yourself to do some crazy time travel sh**)......again this chapter is so damn confusing... @Lance_Dragonite it might not break the record of chapter 1000 but damn....

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
So lack of reading comprehension it is then. No point in wasting more time on this, since that is the only piece of evidence straight from Oda.

You still haven't disproven how canonizing a character is the same is making all of that story canon too.

Well, here are two questions about my old short story collection, "Wanted!" I'll tackle Ryuma's first. The zombie Ryuma appears in Chapter 450 from this volume, and he is indeed the Ryuma who starred in "Monsters". In the world of One Piece, he's now a legendary swordsman who died of sickness. I wouldn't have minded if this had just slipped through the cracks, but I was happy to see that so many people noticed. Next, Garp. He appeared as Luffy's grandpa, and a pirate no less, in the one-shot that served as the basis for One Piece. He might look the same, but I want you to see these as different stories. Grandpa Garp from THIS One Piece is a true blue Marine, from birth till death!!

Going byyour logic, you would start claiming that the entire story revolving Garp's one shot should be canon too, where Luffy wants to be the peace main.:suresure:

And while I'm at it, @ZoroSlaysDragonTuna and @spawn probably have cases of poor comprehension too.
seems like you missed the part where oda states that the garp in the one piece pilot and the garp in one piece are different characters but okay do go on mister ''reading comprehension'' i can read you embarass yourself all day

So lack of reading comprehension it is then. No point in wasting more time on this, since that is the only piece of evidence straight from Oda.

Like i said your opinion doesnt matter, Because Oda stated that Monsters is canon. So its canon and thats it. Your opinion is literally irrelevant it doesnt matter because Oda already stated its canon. I dont know whats so hard about understanding this lmao.

So what’s the point of bringing Oden back in this chapter? If we agree that Toki is meant to play a part in the story, what good does it do any of us to “revive” her husband first? If it’s for the emotional gut punch the Scabbards will probably be reeling from when we see the rest of their interaction, then that’s all good and well, but I think they’d be even more surprised to learn that Toki was still alive for the reasons you stated above. They watched Oden get boiled and gunned down, but without actual confirmation of Toki’s passing, her return could mean just as much to them and Wano as a whole.

Damn you people don't think. Bringing oden back shows how he was able to write the prophecy in the first place. He actually saw the events that happen in the future.

While on whiteboards ship his wife sent him to the future temporarily. He then learned everything. While in the future he destroys the island about to drop on wano and is then returned back to his timeline. He then writes his journal based on what transpires 20 years or so from now

Status
Not open for further replies.