Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason why Oda doesn't kill people who are supposed to die? Like would he be arrested or something?
Is it in line with one of one piece's themes?
Being written in shonen jump isn't an excuse, we have chainsawman and jujutsu Kaisen who kill in fashion
His whim and probably having plans to use them... as simple as that... their role is not done yet

Wait really...? Can you break this down a bit with a Japanese Version of the Interview? Or do you know an English source that is accurate?
Translation: “Hi I’m Oda, Are you enjoying Jump Festa? I’m watching OP Super Stage with you. Its fun, indeed. Actually, I visit Jump Festa every year to have dinner with Strawhat’s VA after Jump Festa.

By the way, One Piece will finally enter Wano Arc next year!! (cheers!!) Some well-informed audience might think, “You said the same thing last year, right?” Yes, I did say that because I thought OP would be able to enter Wano in 2017. This time, I’d like to add new information.

I’ll introduce one of the legends that lurks in the One Piece world. The greatest enemy ever for the Strawhats will hinder them on their journey. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard. Oops, it seems I’m being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look “cute” compared to that?

Anyway, there are tons of stuff that I wanna draw next year as well. I’ll keep moving forward with my full force! I’m sure you’re gonna love it!

-Eiichiro Oda”

from yonkou on tumblr. he said he was adding new information because he said the same thing about Wano last year, then said he's going to introduce a character who might be related to whitebeard who will be the straw hats greatest enemy, making marineford look cute. its after he said something about wano but it isnt actually about wano.

Is there a reason why Oda doesn't kill people who are supposed to die? Like would he be arrested or something?
Is it in line with one of one piece's themes?
Being written in shonen jump isn't an excuse, we have chainsawman and jujutsu Kaisen who kill in fashion
he just doesnt like killing
and thats fine
when he did it
was the big shift that came in marineford .
will we have that moment this arc?
doubtful.
just like crocodile or moriah didnt kill anyone significant.

Debunking the ideas of "Kanjuro/Gyokimaru":

1- Kanjuro: The reason it was NOT Kanjuro is that the scabbards talked about someone healing them and tending to their wounds...Kanjuri is not an ally to tend to their wounds... which debunks the idea.....
This applies to Devon on top of not knowing Oden and scabbards to begin with...

2- Gyokimaru: The reasons it's not Gyokimaru are THREE:
- First, what we talked about before which is it's not fitting for Gyokimaru who was respecting the dead by preventing Kawamatsu from collecting swords fro grave, to actually now just troll the scabbards about oden be alive.

- Secondly, the idea of Hiyori and Gyokimaru together is wrong BECAUSE they don't have any type of bond, relationship or know each other.... Gyokimaru doesn't know that she's Hiyori (based on what we saw when she was protected by Zoro.... and Hiyori also doesn't know that Gyokimaru is a Fox called Onimaru, and that he can turn into a human

- Third, and lastly, it was not cofirmed if Onimaru can take on the look of ANY HUMAN... we just know he can turn into a human, we don't know if that appearance is fixed or he can actually look like anyone he likes....

What we know so far is... There is a connection between the person who tended to the scabbards' wounds in silhouettes and this Oden.... Before this chapter came out, EVERYONO theorized that the person was either Toki or Hiyori.... It's one of the two, it will not get out of it..... and considering we have Oden appearing in his younger look, and not looking old... I think it is more likely it's Toki/Oden with some time travel shit here
I don't think we can say it's not Kanjuro because we don't know if there is a hidden character shift behind his acting. He clearly lost and now has lost all purpose. Him disguising himself as Oden after potentially healing the scabbards in his true form (1004 silhouette) could be possible with his art. Maybe he wants to be accepted and doesn't know how to anymore

Anyway, just a guess, I still think it's probably Toki and time shit, but we can't discount Kanjuro because we don't know if Oda has written him in a different light now.

I don't think we can say it's not Kanjuro because we don't know if there is a hidden character shift behind his acting. He clearly lost and now has lost all purpose. Him disguising himself as Oden after potentially healing the scabbards in his true form (1004 silhouette) could be possible with his art. Maybe he wants to be accepted and doesn't know how to anymore

Anyway, just a guess, I still think it's probably Toki and time shit, but we can't discount Kanjuro because we don't know if Oda has written him in a different light now.
Yeah, I'm just weighing probabilities here... not a complete elimination except for the obvious like Devon LOL

He’s stated In Interview that he doesn’t like killing characters because he wants the possibility of bringing them back later on in the story. I wouldn’t compare one piece to those series since they are going for an edgy fast past feel.
Pound would have been better off dead
And Hyogoru should have died, the chopper save was cringy.
And some of the scabbards should die. My headcanon is Kaido didn't find them worthy enough to kill

Does Hiyori/Toki have Tsunade or Sakura healing powers?
If you go back to Oden's flashback, when Oden came back to Wano expecting to be hated by Wano people.... Kinemon and scabbards talked about how Toki was treating other people with medicine, and that Oden's popularity didn't fade only thanks to Toki being there for the citizens.... so Toki at least has good knowledge on treating others and tending to their wounds... for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.