Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
- The shadowy 10th figure is a woman who was helping the KOed Scabbards. Either Hiyori or Toki.
- In this chapter, the mystery woman disappeared and in her place appeared Oden who apparently bandaged the Scabbards.

In conclusion this Oden is actually Hiyori/Toki disguised as Oden using some kind of a Ninjutsu(Henge no Jutsu) that she learned from Shinobu or some other ninja. Maybe she's not ready to meet the Scabbards as her ture self before they take down Kaido or some other bullshit reason she may has.

Anyway this is what I think happened for now. :optimistic:
I think itโ€™s Toki whoโ€™s hiding so no one discovers her and once she saw someone coming in she hid again so as to not be discovered

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
โ€Ž
The only reason why some people want it to be the real Oden is because of power level, they just want to see Oden fighting the current Kaido and then compare their strengths.:kayneshrug:
disagree.

i want it to be oden, but I absolutely donโ€™t care about any power levels.

First, I want to see some interaction between him an Luffy, Zoro and Kid. Will he compare them to his time? Will he recognize the hat? Rogers will?
Second I want some situation between him and Yamato. Could be cool AF, and I expect his disgraced face.
also, him meeting Franky, the question if they recognize each other from back then.
So i want him back for the story.

at last Point, I just donโ€™t want it to be a dirty trick of kanjuro. This guy is like orochi stupid and useless. Donโ€™t Need them in the Story anymore.

disagree.

First, I want to see some interaction between him an Luffy, Zoro and Kid. Will he compare them to his time? Will he recognize the hat? Rogers will?
Second I want some situation between him and Yamato. Could be cool AF, and I expect his disgraced face.
also, him meeting Franky, the question if they recognize each other from back then.

at last Point, I just donโ€™t want it to be a dirty trick of kanjuro. This guy is like orochi stupid and useless. Donโ€™t Need them in the Story anymore.
Bruh, but it effectively destroys 99% of the emotional drive for these characters in Wano as well as the emotional resonance to the reader lol.

You do this and it ruins:

- The entire point of Denjiro's character and his anger
- The entire point of Yamato's character
- The complete drive of these characters to exact revenge on Kaido in 20 years time
- The entire initial fight with Kaido because the Scabbards believed they had Oden's living will in them.
- The last 350 chapters of plot setup because its pretty much all centered on Oden's execution, not just Kaido taking over Wano with Orochi.

I think having him come back, even temporarily, is a problem for this. BTW what I'm talking about is from a readers perspective, not the characters.

It would be like the Punisher losing his family, but you know they come back anyway, which entirely destroys the point of his character and what he does then from our perspective.

Last edited:
I think itโ€™s Toki whoโ€™s hiding so no one discovers her and once she saw someone coming in she hid again so as to not be discovered
Or maybe to hide her appearance from the cyborg spies and create chaos among the beast piartes after the information about Oden back alive spreads around Onigashima.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
disagree.

Iโ€™ll hate if itโ€™s real oden ( but donโ€™t think so )

Now what would motivate Kanjuro to do this? Well, he might have tried to kill the Scabbards while they were down, but noticed they got up, so decided to whip up some trap to catch them off guard.
You could also speculate that this is some weird quirk were Kanjuro is just trying to fit in with them again. Technically his "role" failed before so I could see him whipping this up as a means to try and get closer to them again. Maybe they find out pretty quickly and he apologizes after a gag. Idk.
It doesn't make sense though! If Kanjuro wants to lure them into a trap and kill them then he would draw someone who wouldn't cause doubts, someone that scabbards unquestionably trust. Choosing Oden is stupid since the scabbards would immediately realize that something's wrong, especially in middle of a fu*king war, especially after seeing Kanjiro's abilities. The scabbards saw Oden die with their own eyes, convincing them that he's alive would be really, really hard. You might be able fooll Kinemon but not all the scabbards together, especially Denjiro who has been shown to be quite smart.

Even if it's not the real Oden you have to accept that this thing is ridiculously stupid, just like the entirety of Wano.

Status
Not open for further replies.