General & Others Why does Oda give Mihawk such little hype?

"Not mention Mihawk’s about to get defeated by an Admiral and saved by Shanks lol."
this one is your assumption.

"Meanwhile Oda continues to give Shanks, the other Yonko, and the admirals godly portrayal and hype in comparison to Mihawk."

I would argue bar akainu, at certain moments some of the admirals were not portrayed godly. you have multiple of these with big mom as well.
yonkos look great now because it is time for each to go down. its their saga
it would be silly to expect admirals/ mihawk to look the same way they did in marineford when they come into the fold again this time as central villains.
put simply he is the closest thing to a level gauge of eos zoro ,when its time for him to come into the fold again , oda would have to relay the same impressive hype he gives to any of the admirals or the yonko.

garp was a "fraud" for a long while till the rocks flashback then his portrayal kicked off again.
Think the fans need a history of the title , understanding how he got it .
what about black blades, why just him and ryuuma
will zoro get that too? just how? if its something that becomes really powerful , how will people feel about mihawk then.
and ofc seeing him against someone like eos zoro should do the trick . Till then I could see why oda really has no motivation to portray him any more than he has. its not his time to enter the story fold as a really significant obstacle yet and I suppose downplayers can continue to make embarrassing comments about it till oda puts him in the fold again. am perfectly fine with that.

The mihawk being a warlord point ....
I hope people realise the yonko at that point wasnt a concept and at some point alabasta was close to a possible end of the series. oda has tweaked both the story and power levels of characters in more ways than most people imagine.

Mihawks “great” hype

post poning his fight with vista

saying he won’t hold back and yet failing to kill pre timeskip luffy

getting his slash cut by jozu

ducking shanks

Amazing hype and portrayal

Mihawk fans need to understand that zoro hype doesn’t equal mihawk hype.

Oda can kill mihawk to shiryu for example. Then zoro would need to surpass shiryu. Hell if that happens that could mean zoro surpasses mihawk end of wano but has to surpass shiryu now.

that’s why this zoro hype equals mihawk hype nonsense shouldn’t be entertained
your opinion flipped in a week?
lukegranders?
Post automatically merged:

I see its just an attention/ troll post

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...oilers-discussion.11584/page-468#post-1159824

There is fault in his character development in my opinion.
The major reason is , he is not big player of the final plot.
He was highlighted by Doffy's speech . But since he is no longer warlord , he lost his relevance.
By defeating SSJ he can't get relevance in the big picture.
His only option is to defeat SSJ to get hype and then join with Shanks or help Strawhats in final war .

Literally the only thing Mihawk has is his stupid title, and even then, the only time we see him fight another swordsman besides Zoro it’s a stalemate lol.

Meanwhile Oda continues to give Shanks, the other Yonko, and the admirals godly portrayal and hype in comparison to Mihawk.

Hell, even Marco has much greater hype than Mihawk.

Not mention Mihawk’s about to get defeated by an Admiral and saved by Shanks lol.

Why does Oda treat Mihawk like this?
So he can see worlds crumble the more we see Zoro on panel because every single thing Zoro does before facing Mihawk is a notch in Mihawks hype.

ZKK is gonna happen well before Zoro can even dream of facing Mihawk.

Last edited by a moderator: