Character Discussion Do you really think Luffy's real rival is Kid?

I doubt Luffy even considers anyone for such a thing. Luffy is Luffy. Kidd being his core rival is made up by Kidd fans who starve for Kidd feats.
Kidd being his core rival is made up by people who read One Piece. It is clear as day. I feel like if Oda straight up came out and said, “Luffy is Kidds rival.” You would still deny it and say “delusional Kidd fans” so at this point I give up lol. Oda drew a character who is paralleled with Luffy in 100 different ways, has them argue and compete all the time, gave them clashing ideologies, and gave them the same willpower and ambition and yet they aren’t rivals. Ok...

Kidd being his core rival is made up by people who read One Piece. It is clear as day. I feel like if Oda straight up came out and said, “Luffy is Kidds rival.” You would still deny it and say “delusional Kidd fans” so at this point I give up lol. Oda drew a character who is paralleled with Luffy in 100 different ways, has them argue and compete all the time, gave them clashing ideologies, and gave them the same willpower and ambition and yet they aren’t rivals. Ok...
Give up :milaugh:

I would have been okay if Kid would have had the same exploits as Luffy has more or less but the problem is that it is not at all the case. I could have agreed if Oda would have given him Fs, Ryou and other power ups to hope to compete with Luffy.

He has beaten no size in the new world these are the facts.

Luffy in a beat 3 It took Luffy's coming to the new world for things to move, when Luffy beat Doflamingo watch all that spawned, when Luffy had a battle against Big Mom watch all that spawned.

Kid in all of this? Nothing Absolutely nothing not even a little Oda gave him nothing.

Apart from speculating on exploits there is nothing to eat for him I'm sorry.

Kid is my favorite supernova with Law but we have to accept it Oda doesn't give them the same treatment as Luffy.

"I wonder if Jaggy is planning the same thing..!!"
"Why is Jaggy having all the fun!!??"
"No, you didn't Jaggy!! I won!!"
"Will be me to take down Kaido not you!!"
"Jimbe!! Try to beat them in a naval race!!"

:phoenixmarco:
Don’t forget that when Caribou asked Luffy to team up in Udon Luffy says, “Just team up with Jaggy instead.” This is after Caribou says, “If you and me team up, nobody can stop us.” This implies that Luffy sees Kidd as a guy who can rival him in strength. Even when Caribou was talking shit about Kidd, Luffy’s says something like, “why are you listening to those dumb rumors.” Many glossed over this dialogue, but it was Luffy giving Kidd respect.
Every pirate scrub dreams of being PK at some point.

Entire pirate world Luffy's rivals then?
We just went over this. Them having the same dream is one of many other parallels (that I listed for you) that they share. Do those other scrub pirates share these distinguishing traits? Not to mention these other pirates simply have not shown the same willpower or drive as Luffy and Kidd.

Last edited:
So... Luffy doesn’t even know what Kid’s name is?
Kidd calls Luffy "Strawhat" does this mean he doesn't know Luffy's name :choppawhat:
The same goes for Law who calls Zoro "Roronoa"
Kidd who calls Apoo "Scratchmen"
Or Law and Hawkins who call each other with name and surname, does this mean that Law knows Hawkins name better than Luffy?

Hint: Is about character personality

Kidd calls Luffy "Strawhat" does this mean he doesn't know Luffy's name :choppawhat:
The same goes for Law who calls Zoro "Roronoa"
Kidd who calls Apoo "Scratchmen"
Or Law and Hawkins who call each other with name and surname, does this mean that Law knows Hawkins name better than Luffy?

Hint: Is about character personality
Luffy legit calls Kid Jaggy because he doesn’t know actually know what his name is.

D: Heso! A question! Luffy gives nicknames to all sorts of people, however, why doesn't he do so with his crewmates? P.N. Takataka

O: Ah, I see! Well...Luffy's a type of person who, basically, doesn't really care about remembering someone's name, so he'll give people a nickname based on his impression of them whether they like it or not, but with that said, when someone becomes his crewmate, he finally remembers their name. He knows their names, so he calls them by their names. That's really all there is to it.

Luffy legit calls Kid Jaggy because he doesn’t know actually know what his name is.

D: Heso! A question! Luffy gives nicknames to all sorts of people, however, why doesn't he do so with his crewmates? P.N. Takataka

O: Ah, I see! Well...Luffy's a type of person who, basically, doesn't really care about remembering someone's name, so he'll give people a nickname based on his impression of them whether they like it or not, but with that said, when someone becomes his crewmate, he finally remembers their name. He knows their names, so he calls them by their names. That's really all there is to it.
------> Luffy's personality

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Kidd fandom: "PURE RIVALS".

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
I really like how Rerere and Reggie argue with quotings, with realistic arguments and characterization and trolling Seth (etc.) just come up with random wordings, memes and trolling. It just shows how damn right Rerere and Reggie are. Fun to watch.

Obviously Kid is Luffys rival. We have so much quotings about that, we have so much panels about that, we have the Bounty-Situation, we have the roof-top situation, we have the CoC-Situation, but they still deny it. The only question is, why do they lie to themself?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I really like how Rerere and Reggie argue with quotings, with realistic arguments and characterization and trolling Seth (etc.) just come up with random wordings, memes and trolling. It just shows how damn right Rerere and Reggie are. Fun to watch.

Obviously Kid is Luffys rival. We have so much quotings about that, we have so much panels about that, we have the Bounty-Situation, we have the roof-top situation, we have the CoC-Situation, but they still deny it. The only question is, why do they lie to themself?
Oh, yes they prove me wrong so badly I can't resist:suresure:

Kidd being Luffy's rival is funny af.

I like how kidd fans really desperate trying to push luffy is kidd rival while luffy didn't even bothered to remember kidd's name meanwhile luffy remember kurohige crystal clear :myman:
I’m sure if Kidd was responsible for Aces death he would remember his name too lol. Y’all are getting pretty desperate to use this personality quirk of Luffys as some type of evidence. He calls him Jaggy and yet is still hyper competitive with him.

Does competing in strength really determines 100% a good rivalry?

Kid may not be as strong as luffy but Luffy is also far away from Blackbeard's strength.

Atleast for now,Luffy gets triggered by Kid's actions and they acknowledge each other.
On the other hand,Teach still sees luffy as a brat not ready to play on the big boys' level so if this is a rivalry,it is pretty one sided.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
And yet, even with Luffy’s personality, he’s able to identify Blackbeard just by his voice, and remember his name

And he’s got no problem remembering what to call Kaido or Big Mom either.
Cause they are the enemies. He knows the name cause he was someone who is in debt for getting ace killed.

But Kid isnt an enemy, he is a friendly rival.

So, beside all the arguments given, the new (and only) argument is now "Luffy doesnt call Kid by his real name"?