ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1008: HEAD OF THE ATAMAYAMA THIEVES, ASHURA DOUJI

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see it.
But would it do anything to Kaido, other than look cool?
:quest:
It would, Kidd is going to grow during the fight. Be it cause of haki boost or simply colossal strenght or whatever.
I expect that sword to be important in Onigashima history/past, which will be developed in Kaido flashback. Onigashima looks like an 'anomaly' in Wano country, with really deep roots..

1. Great then we got that sorted out. Tag us on twitter please as soon as you have something from now on that we should check over. And if we both agree that manners and respect should be something natural in a conversation, please adress your criticism/questions in such a way. Respectful and professional.

2. the term "speed scans" implies that something like "speed scans" and a different version of "scans" exist. As in, some specific boxes of traits has to be ticked for a scan to have the word "speed" added to it.
(I.e. If something is called speed scan, what is considered a "normal" scan)
Then the question remains, what in comparison is a "normal" scan? something that doesn't contain the word "speed".
keep in mind we are talking about fanscans and not official scans, since no one calls the official scans "official scans".
They are just commonly referred to as "official" or "viz", whereas "scans" is a word associated with what we do.

if i learned one thing, then that "speed scans" are commonly and widely regarded as speed scans because they get translate via google translator as quickly as possible without any care for proofreading, cleaning or just general quality. The only thing they care about, is to be pushed out as soon as possible as long as they are (barely) "readable". Which happens for things like JJK, Kaguya Sama, Attack on titan on a weekly basis. ...and last year it happened to one piece, where chapters got translated within 2 hours from french.
That is speed.
In comparison, our Chapters go through a lot more steps than just cleaning bubbles and using google translate to insert the right words. Some of us work weekly 18 hours without sleep everytime a chapter drops. regularly. That is effort put in.

But at the end of the day, i guess our opinions just differ here. For you every unofficial Manga Chapter that has a weekly official release is a speed scan. While I have different criteria.
My issue is mainnly the connotation that goes along with it, because it's associated with a lack of care which is definetly not the case for us.

3. We like to keep our posts on twitter clean and concise. if you want to go in-depth about corrections and their reasoning the 280 character limit of twitter is not a good way of handling it.
A dedicated Discord channel in where we post those notes and corrections for everyone that does care, exists. It's publicly available.
And in addition to that, we highly advertise our discord on twitter. It's pinned in our profile since we opened our twitter account. it's added in every of our Chapter-progression tweets, it's on our website, on patreon... we made posts how in emergencies people should join our discord.

We don't hide it we want people to join.
And i'm sorry but you have like 7 different Discord accounts, so cmon man.

T.D.A#2249
T.D.A#3629
T.D.A#8870
T.D.A#9009
TDA#0965

T.D.A#6878
T.D.A#7566
The term speed scans were around before google translation was a thing so maybe it means something different now. For example this old blog summarises what was considered speed scans:

https://www.insidescanlation.com/history/history-3-2.html

And I'm old enough to have lurked on manga forums during the 2000s so that's how I understand the term.

Those multiple accounts are proof i'm a noob on discord lol. And I only use it to check BDA discord mainly.

The term speed scans were around before google translation was a thing so maybe it means something different now. For example this old blog summarises what was considered speed scans:

https://www.insidescanlation.com/history/history-3-2.html

And I'm old enough to have lurked on manga forums during the 2000s so that's how I understand the term.

Those multiple accounts are proof i'm a noob on discord lol. And I only use it to check BDA discord mainly.
I see. That's interesting. Indeed it looks like the term has involved in its meaning over the past decade.

From this chapter, i get:
- someone who treat scabbard is hiding
- Kinemon + Raizou vs Orochi + Fukurokujo
- Izo takes the lead to momo,
- Queen vs Chopper + Hyou + 4 yakuza Boss
- Apoo vs Drake without distraction
- Pleasures + waiters spread to take on Tobiroppo crew
- samurai can help here and there or againts Numbers if the Numbers are not forgotten
- Cp0 will learn the numbers, still chilling to wait. Call a troops that only need 1 admiral, and fleets as there will not necessary worries; no information shared to Navy, they just order Navy like lucci want battleship from akainu

No clues about:
- sanji
- perorin
- hawkins
- remaining Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.