General & Others One piece is a mediocre series

God Ward

Back When They Called Us Devils
We can hope so but Wano simply doesn't hold up as of now. Even just comparing the same sections up to after the start of the big battle with the arc antagonist still has Wano falling short.

Besides that, even if things turn around for the latter part of the arc it is too late to save the 100 chapters before it.
Wano has already surpassed Dressrosa. Wano doesn't have time spent on useless colliseum chapters and Bir D. Cage artifically creating tension and giving the other fighters like Zoro and co. something to do. It was a mess of an arc.
Meanwhile, Wano is the culmination of multiple plot threads since Punk Hazard, two years of planning by Law, 25 years of rage by the Scabbards and actual plot movement towards the Endgame of One Piece. Wano has already outclassed Dressrosa and it's not even close :endthis:

what is objectively bad in Wano? It contains elements from all other arcs mixed with traditional japanese culture.

I think the main point is that the western fanbase in forums isn't patient enough to read through all the arc and always complains about the actual arc they are reading.

I have seen since Orojackson people complaining about Fishmen Island, Dressrosa, Punk Hazard, Zou, WCI.

And then, after the arc is finished everyone is happy with the manga but complains that the previous arcs were better.

what is objectively bad in Wano? It contains elements from all other arcs mixed with traditional japanese culture.

I think the main point is that the western fanbase in forums isn't patient enough to read through all the arc and always complains about the actual arc they are reading.

I have seen since Orojackson people complaining about Fishmen Island, Dressrosa, Punk Hazard, Zou, WCI.

And then, after the arc is finished everyone is happy with the manga but complains that the previous arcs were better.
Not patient enough? Wano is 100+ chapters and THREE years long. How much more patient do you want them to be? Saobdy Archipalego, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marine Ford and Ace/Luffy flashback COMBINED took less time than Wano. Yes, it is objectively bad. People in this thread literally provided dozens of reasons why Wano is objectively bad and your response is "it has traditional japanese culture". Lol just lol

Not patient enough? Wano is 100+ chapters and THREE years long. How much more patient do you want them to be? Saobdy Archipalego, Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marine Ford and Ace/Luffy flashback COMBINED took less time than Wano. Yes, it is objectively bad. People in this thread literally provided dozens of reasons why Wano is objectively bad and your response is "it has traditional japanese culture". Lol just lol
Wano is BIGGER than Marineford saga, what happened in Marineford was just a temporal disruption of the Balance of power.
What we’re witnessing here in Wano is it being completely destroyed.
In a way Marine Ford was a mere prologue of Wano, Law himself stated that in Punk Hazard.

Wano is BIGGER than Marineford saga, what happened in Marineford was just a temporal disruption of the Balance of power.
What we’re witnessing here in Wano is it being completely destroyed.
In a way Marine Ford was a mere prologue of Wano, Law himself stated that in Punk Hazard.
"wano is bigger than Maineford" what have we learned in Wano thus far that justifies it being bigger than Marineford? What has happened in Wano thus far other than power ups? Also I like how you completely ignored four of the other arcs. I said COMBINED. We learned so much more in those arcs than in Wano. We learned about Rayleigh, celestial dragons, Admirals, Luffy backstory, the hatred of fishmen, Blackbeard, so much more. So what have we learend in Wano?

orojackson's dressrosa critisism was actually critical and nowhere near as braindead as nowadays critisism in wg. you will never find stupid shit like sanji's halfasses analysis etc back then
Post automatically merged:

"wano is bigger than Maineford" what have we learned in Wano thus far that justifies it being bigger than Marineford? What has happened in Wano thus far other than power ups? Also I like how you completely ignored four of the other arcs. I said COMBINED. We learned so much more in those arcs than in Wano. We learned about Rayleigh, celestial dragons, Admirals, Luffy backstory, the hatred of fishmen, Blackbeard, so much more. So what have we learend in Wano?
this is including sabaondy and not really exclusive to marineford lol.

for wano we literally get roger's flashback, and inbound story about the void century, and a literal tease of what one piece is.
I mean if you dont enjoy it just hold off and come back when arc is finished, or drop it algotether. Not that hard

Last edited:
Tastes like salt. Sorry Rave is irrelevant, Dark Bring was the most intriguing concept since Devil Fruits.
I recall being upset over Mashima fucking up most of the final battles in Rave.

And, yeah, comparing Rave to OP is a joke. One Piece could lay claim to being the greatest Shounen of all time. I doubt Rave would even make it to top 25.

for wano we literally get roger's flashback, and inbound story about the void century, and a literal tease of what one piece is.
I mean if you dont enjoy it just hold off and come back when arc is finished, or drop it algotether. Not that hard
Huh? Duh it isn't inclusive to Marine Ford, I am including all those arcs which were a prelude to Marine Ford. We got Roger's flashback? What all of three chapters of Rodger where he went to Sky Island which we already knew 15 years ago. Or that the name of the last island is Laugh tale instead of Raftel. Big reveal there dude. After 24 years, we get the name of the Island that is great information. sigh. And what inbound story of the void century? You mean toki? The one that lived through the void century and yet Oda reduced her to being only a baby machine for Oden?

Huh? Duh it isn't inclusive to Marine Ford, I am including all those arcs which were a prelude to Marine Ford. We got Roger's flashback? What all of three chapters of Rodger where he went to Sky Island which we already knew 15 years ago. Or that the name of the last island is Laugh tale instead of Raftel. Big reveal there dude. After 24 years, we get the name of the Island that is great information. sigh. And what inbound story of the void century? You mean toki? The one that lived through the void century and yet Oda reduced her to being only a baby machine for Oden?
thats where being patience holds some advantages. we also have rocks' flashback coming around.
I mean if the cast is bloated like all of yall have said, the logical way to write the story is just to take time. to rush thing is the definition of bad writing.

thats where being patience holds some advantages. we also have rocks' flashback coming around.
I mean if the cast is bloated like all of yall have said, the logical way to write the story is just to take time. to rush thing is the definition of bad writing.
Again, its been 100+ chapters and THREE years! How much more patient do we need to be? A person can literally complete a bachelors degree before Wano ends. There should be absolutely no reason for any writer needing more time for just a single arc than someone completing a college degree. Also, what about the previous 100 chapters? Those chapters are for what then if the only pay off are towards the end?

Again, its been 100+ chapters and THREE years! How much more patient do we need to be? A person can literally complete a bachelors degree before Wano ends. There should be absolutely no reason for any writer needing more time for just a single arc than someone completing a college degree. Also, what about the previous 100 chapters? Those chapters are for what then if the only pay off are towards the end?
again I said if people complain bloated cast not having enough development, taking time is a solution. And wano have like most developed cast ever in an arc, way more than even marineford.
If you like your story to be small,intimate, and concise, you do you. its just calling it objectively bad is objectively a shitty argument

that is called a climax in a story, a standard 3 arc structure. I cant believe there is a person complaining about payoff only happend at the end.

Last edited:
again I said if people complain bloated cast not having enough development, taking time is a solution. And wano have like most developed cast ever in an arc, way more than even marineford.

If you like your story to be small,intimate, and concise, you do you. its just calling it objectively bad is objectively a shitty argument

that is called a climax in a story, a standard 3 arc structure. I cant believe there is a person complaining about payoff only at the end
What cast? Name the cast that exceeds Marine Ford cast? Marine Ford had Admirals, Warlords, Yonkos, Impel Down prisoners, Comanders, past cast with Mr 3 and Buggy, Coby, so much more and that is only Marine Ford that lasted only 34 chapters. What does Wano have? Scabbards? Big Meme? Lmfao!

We too learned something from wano. It is that instead of story, Oda can suck Japanese samurai cock. Scabbards are irritating, Oden and Toki were utter waste of a characters, 100 chapters and we know nothing much about Kaidou, Kid etc, cheap dramas and fake deaths, inconsistencies more than all the one piece arcs combined. Wano has potential to be the greatest arc but Oda and his editors busy showing Japanese machismo instead of writing connecting story.

To be honest Wano is an emotional arc, other than beautiful from a landscapes point of view, characterization (except for a few), story accuracy, historical plot, plot etc. It's the arc that literally made Oda singularly cry the most because of an intro scene.