Greatest Hype In this Chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, it is time to acknowledge this issue. No story lasta forever, no writer can go on for decades. When I think about supporting characters, I have a list:
Oden was a big shot,
He had 10 scabbards
His father's interactions, the Mimawarigumi,
Scabbards have their background stories,
Those background characters have their moments (Kinemon's wife, Yasoi's child, Gyukimaru, and so on).

Then there is Orochi, his 2 forces,
Orochi's past, linking the old hag in his past to previous legends.

And at the end, scabbards did nothing to Kaido, Orochi did nothing to alliance and Kaido.
When strawhats are going to do most of the work, then why hype other characters to the point that it seems useless. Dont forget about that Robin hood kinda guy. A lot of things can be simplified, but no, we have to stretch everything for world building.
Pretime skip, with the arcs, the primary focus was on the SHs no major side stories etc. Then you had Impel Down and the War (which i did think were solid, could have shortened it but none the less acceptable)

Then New World, FI, Punk Hazard and Dressrosa and WCI easily could have been shorted, but it was just over extended. Those all could have easily been shortened by 10-15 chapters. Now you have so many more support characters. They could have easily had Toei just add in the additional stuff

Also this has been 20 plus years in the making stories gotta wrap up sometime soon, like you said show cannot go on forever

If Law really got finished by Kaido's thunder bagua like it logically should be, in the end then, it looks like Oda mostly used him for the supportive abilities of his devil fruit, considering even his strongest attack to the heart barely scrathed Kaido
Oda would do him dirty though if that's the case. And I say that while I'm not exactly a Law fan.

No. They will start wanking King.
They don't realize Zoro has to have a 1v1 with a Samurai/Great Swordsman.
And I think King is that guy.
Not necessarily, that was the previous motto for fights, but this one is different, he started off with Kaido off the bat alongside Luffy

Prior he's always gone to the 2nd strongest. Hody is an exception but an odd case for obvious reasons

If Law really got finished by Kaido's thunder bagua like it logically should be, in the end then, it looks like Oda mostly used him for the supportive abilities of his devil fruit, considering even his strongest attack to the heart barely scrathed Kaido
In what way is it logical that Law gets one shot by Thunder Bagua? Why would he have take something that would have put him out of commission? Law is t going anywhere. He’s one of Luffy’s two main rivals among the supernova, and is either the second or third strongest of them. He’s not out.

they still think Oda will off screen fights which makes absolutely no sense
It's funny. Oda actually doesn't offscreen major fights. It's a huge misconception this fanbase has. He has never offscreened a specifically set matchup, especially those that are Strawhats. He offscreens events that have no bearing on the main plot with the main characters, i.e. the Payback War, Akainu vs Aokiji, Sanji vs Page 1, etc because he either wants to hide their strength or the fight literally leads to nothing (Page 1 is fine atm). Hell Jack vs the Mink Kings was offsceened because Jack is now fine lol. Kanjuro was offscreened, and he's back up being a dick lol.

You know who wasn't offscreened? Hyou wrecking the Onibawanshu and Mimiwarigumi. That was purposeful.

Oda has set up at least 5 fights with the F6, along with the potential of 3 more with the Calamities once they are officiated. These will not be offscreened, especially since these are now the most important fights for each strawhat to get stronger against a YONKO CREW

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
lol then you have to accept rayan
you are not arguing with facts but bias . it is what it is
shanks is a swordsman
mihawk isnt weaker .
yeah he is. I don’t think title are absolute. WB wasn’t the WSM in MF and he was equal to Roger. So even a WSM had an equal. And I even think Roger would have extreme extreme diff WB

(and I have other arguments if you want to dance ^^)

Blother Fertitta

Real Ni**er Blother
Not necessarily, that was the previous motto for fights, but this one is different, he started off with Kaido off the bat alongside Luffy

Prior he's always gone to the 2nd strongest. Hody is an exception but an odd case for obvious reasons
the way i see it 2 scenarios.
  • Zoro v King at ringo after ZKK
  • Zoro v King rn given Marco is in a pinch, Marco could both heal Zoro and assist.
    • Zoro can fight King as a thanks to Marco for taking him above.
    • And if this happens and Marco is able to heal Zoro just enough, Zoro could go back and finish Kaido on top of the Flower Capital

Status
Not open for further replies.