Greatest Hype In this Chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Luffy defeats Kaidou then I don't know how I feel about this. No way Luffy can defeat a beast who has been in the game for god knows how long unless plot armor comes to the rescue. Kaido is a Yonkou ffs. No f-ing way Luffy just after 3 years of his journey will beat Kaidou man.

Luffy has beaten people in their 30s and 40s all the time. Could say the same about the shichibukai he stomped less than a year into his journey.
This is base Luffy with new CoC enhancements vs Hybrid Kaido, Kaido is fucked.
He shouldn't have used copiable skills against Luffy.

Doubt it, Luffy told Law and Zoro leave it to him. Law might be mad to follow his instructions but Zoro always does.
That's not where I'm getting at. Zoro can leave, that's no problem.
However, Zoro not interacting with Kaido at any other point in the arc leaves a few things unresolved.
"Oden's haki", Enma and its blackening, and now this "You have King's Haki too?"
Add the fact that we haven't had a Zoro chapter yet. It becomes glaringly obvious that Zoro's involvement in the arc isn't over yet.

This turns out to match pretty well with Thriller Bark, as I've said before. The only difference being that instead of an entirely new threat coming to take Luffy's head. Kaido is the one who "returns" to take Luffy's head after he defeats him. At least this is how I view things going. This gives an excellent opportunity for Zoro to continue his interaction with Kaido.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...pter-998-spoilers-discussion.8729/post-883717

Just pointing out that this has been my stance ever since Zoro went to the roof. Then go back even further and I've been saying Zoro vs King for like 2 years lol (even back on OJ) before roofpiece was even a thing.

This is a stance I will not drop until the calamity matches are solidified. You can look up virtually any of my matchup comments, and they always point to this idea (outside of a few joke ones where I say Chopper is solely fighting Queen, as much as I'd love that....lol)

The parallels are there between Zoro/Sanji and King/Queen. The nature of how Oda does battles with Zoro and Sanji right before Luffy's own support this. The fact that Marco has virtually just been used to hold off the 2 Calamities and nothing more, followed by the fact that Sanji has yet to even run into either Calamity tells me that Oda is stalling for a reason.

Say what you will about me, but I ain't flaky like some users here when it comes to taking a stance. I will gladly, 100% accept the L if it doesn't pan out either, but after this chapter I'm more confident than ever in it.

If Luffy defeats Kaidou then I don't know how I feel about this. No way Luffy can defeat a beast who has been in the game for god knows how long unless plot armor comes to the rescue. Kaido is a Yonkou ffs. No f-ing way Luffy just after 3 years of his journey will beat Kaidou man.
Luffy is doing the same thing that Wb and Roger did, as Oda said, Luffy's journey is almost over.

Status
Not open for further replies.