Greatest Hype In this Chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Zoro will refuse to let Luffy alone at rooftop.
It's Law who should refuse actually, there are two yonkos still alive and kicking and any help is very much needed there, more than somewhere down below. But Oda really wants these 1vs1 asap, what can you do.

In general I just don't see what Law can do when he's down, he isn't even that injured or tired and still can fight. Weird.

Fuck no, Awakened Logia or Awakened devil fruits in general might be most op shit in One Piece.
And all the Admirals have most powerful fruits.

Most likely Luffy's Awakening is happening against an Admiral and people still think Yonko > Admirals.

Stop dreaming.
Luffy isn't fighting an admiral EoS, stop dreaming. He's never meant to fight puppets but the puppeteer and the final boss which is probably Imu.

You guys who liked @Sentinel 's "King is not low top tier post"
@mly90 @Marco @Enma @Ice devil slayer @HA001
Be ready to change your tone the moment Zoro starts fighting against King. I am looking forward to you guys saying "Hybrid King > Base Kaido" the moment Zoro vs King starts. :myman:
I mean.. That is actually very likely the case don't you think? I doubt the Yonko could even co-exist with the Marines if the gap between their strongest core members was any bigger. Oda also treats the commanders way too respectful. But who knows maybe it depends on which Yonko we are talking about. Honestly though I really believe Hybrid king will be notably stronger than base Kaido. Just like Hybrid Queen is likely to be stronger than base big mom.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I think we need more explanation on this. I don’t understand why Zoro would be unaware of it yet still be able to activate it. Hopefully someone can explain more than “it just works like that.”
Yes. Looks like Oda portrayed it to be unconscious like it had occurred with Luffy at first, oddly enough Zoro's CoC has been more proficient than Pre TS Luffy's was AP wise.

I'm actually curious why people expected anything different lol

Not saying you specifically, but I just feel like the writing has been completely on the nose for the classic one piece/shonen matchups this arc of Strawhats vs Beast Pirates.

Like even when you think about it:

- Oda set up all F5 with Strawhats fights outside of Drake and Chopper (it's unknown what they end up doing)

- Has had Marco stall King and Queen for some reason

- Has not given Sanji his matchup yet.

- Has given Inu a matchup with Jack but even when thinking about it, its doubtful Inu can win since Jack never showed his hybrid and Inu doesn't have sulong or Neko to tag team him with.

- Yamato having to go through the mansion to reach Kaido, which potentially has her meet Sanji and eventually Jack.

To me it's just painfully obvious that the Strawhats also take the calamity fights too, with the potential of Yamato (a possible Strawhat) also fighting Jack.

The numbers add up and would be pretty clean for the group to handle those fights, provided Chopper fights someone too (i.e. A controlled Drake or Page 1)
I personally wanted that change of pace, a 5v1 or 3v1 etc would be a lot better.

The reason i was for the change because in the past Zoro has always had his fights set up before Luffy fought main antagonist.

Really curious what Law and Zoro's roles will be for the rest of the fight.

Unresolved plot points for Zoro circa 1010:
  • Zoro's Shimotsuki connection
  • The effects of a completed Hiyru Kaen
  • Upgrading Enma to a black blade
  • Zoro's desire to wield Nidai Kitetsu
  • Zoro's connection to Ryuma
  • Zoro's desire to defeat the strongest creature
  • Avenging Yasu by taking Kaido's head
  • Having Kaido acknowledge the birth of a samurai of Oden's calibre

You gotta be smoking the good shit to think that Zoro's out for the rest of the Kaido fight.
Zoros Shimotsuki connection - Literaly trained by a Shimotsuki what more connection do you need

Complete Hiryu Kaien - Unecessary after seeing Asura

Enma to a black blade - Can be done in other ways, not enough knowledge is known about black blades

Wield Nidai - Probably post raid

Ryuma connection - Already well established and we saw Zoro behead a dragon same way Ryuma did. Post raid stuff

Defeat the strongest creature - Zoro wanted to cut Kaido, he did.

Avenging Yasuie - The man who killed Yasuie was Orochi don’t see how this involves kaido

Kaido acknowledge - Kaido did acknowledge Zoro and even more so he’s acknowledged Luffy as the next oden.

Zoros sitting out for a hot minute while Luffy does what Luffy does.

Status
Not open for further replies.