Shinji Shimizu (the first op anime director) said this during his interview at the Saudi Anime Expo:
- “People got so emotional and sad over Ace death, but they will be more sad and shocked over the One Piece ending, Oda told me about how One Piece is gonna end”.
- He also said that he can triple confirm that One Piece will end in 5 years along with Oda and his editor.
- He also hyped up the Luffy vs Kaido fight for the anime and in MY opinion I think it may be better than the Snakeman vs Katakuri fight because of how much he hyped it which is special.
- He also said “Yes I would love to do the cover stories in the anime however at the moment we are very busy with how eventful the wano arc adaption is going but hopefully we will get to them in the future.”
Post automatically merged:

it may not be that much of big news but the first part got me a bit worried because he made it sound like the strawhats will die in the end of the series :pepehands:

Shinji Shimizu (the first op anime director) said this during his interview at the Saudi Anime Expo:
- “People got so emotional and sad over Ace death, but they will be more sad and shocked over the One Piece ending, Oda told me about how One Piece is gonna end”.
- He also said that he can triple confirm that One Piece will end in 5 years along with Oda and his editor.
- He also hyped up the Luffy vs Kaido fight for the anime and in MY opinion I think it may be better than the Snakeman vs Katakuri fight because of how much he hyped it which is special.
- He also said “Yes I would love to do the cover stories in the anime however at the moment we are very busy with how eventful the wano arc adaption is going but hopefully we will get to them in the future.”

it may not be that much of big news but the first part got me a bit worried because he made it sound like the strawhats will die in the end of the series :pepehands:
Did he say anything about Big Mom falling in Wano?

Did he say anything about Big Mom falling in Wano?
Nah.
And I don't if this part is true or not (I'm most likely thinking this part is fake cause someone else said this on Discord) but he said Oda will "apparently' skip Elbaf and after Wano he'll go straight to the final arc.
But like I said this part may be fake because first it wouldn't make sense and I got this part of info from some user from Discord.

Nah.
And I don't if this part is true or not (I'm most likely thinking this part is fake cause someone else said this on Discord) but he said Oda will "apparently' skip Elbaf and after Wano he'll go straight to the final arc.
But like I said this part may be fake because first it wouldn't make sense and I got this part of info from some user from Discord.
Pls bro tell le that Luffy isn't fighting Kaido alone :josad:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!

I always thought a great way to help the pacing of the anime is taking breaks in between arcs to animate the cover story series. It'd give the manga time to increase the gap between the latest chapters and the anime adaptation.

That'd help the animators adapt more than 12-13 pages per cannon episode like they do now. Hopefully they do that after Wano.

I also always thought Usopp was going to die at the end to help save everyone. Oda foreshadowed it even

As for Luffy vs Kaido in the anime I also think it'll be amazing because Toei has recruited a lot of top guest and freelance animators just for that episode. They've been hyping it up quite a bit on twitter. I don't think it can be better than Luffy vs Katakuri because of how rich that fight was emotionally and thematically, but from a visual and animation standpoint I expect it to be on the same amazing level.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Someone gives me hope
Luffy beating Kaido alone would make op look worse than bleach last arc
:josad:
Take that back right now. Oda could take a shit on a piece of paper and publish it and I'd enjoy that more than whatever the fuck those last few chapters of Bleach were (I love Bleach but I had so many issues with that ending and final arc :lusalty:)

Pretty much. CIS over 9000
Yeah lmfaooo
Take that back right now. Oda could take a shit on a piece of paper and publish it and I'd enjoy that more than whatever the fuck those last few chapters of Bleach were (I used to love Bleach but I had so many issues with that ending and final arc :lusalty:)
Lol bleach was great until the quincy arc..loved it too and that ending :tchpepe:
But c'mon Luffy better not beat Kaido alone and then fight BM

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
And on the topic of One Piece ending in 5 years, I'd put that at less than 10%.

And that's being generous. No way.

Yeah lmfaooo

Lol bleach was great until the quincy arc..loved it too and that ending :tchpepe:
But c'mon Luffy better not beat Kaido alone and then fight BM
I don't want to write a novel on this thread here about OP fights because I view it differently than most of the people here but Luffy won't straight up 1 on 1 beat Kaido.

It'll be a team effort with Luffy getting in the final blow, or some other character and personality interactions will come into play.