General & Others Luffy's Proclamations

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
G3 is nothing special when it comes to attack speed, G2 has been consistently shown as much faster, factually, for example.

And as we know Kaido himself was still allegedly letting himself be hit just like he would against the Scabbards.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Another misconception is assuming that Zoro's combat speed was rather trashy compared to Luffy's when instead he recently proved to allegedly blitz even Hybrid despite Asura probably augments his combat speed.

Luffy was struggling to hit Kaido even in G2 until recently developing ACoC and now his combat speed is quite superior.

But as a matter of fact even now Luffy would probably require Snakeman to prove faster than Zoro that wise, ultimately losing potency nevertheless.

Before AdCoC. AdCoC improves Luffy's defence. Just see how he deflected Kaido's Kanabo first time he did this yet.
Yeah Zoro and Law did a great job without them it will be tough. Now their roles isn't to defeat Kaido maybe Law but I don't think.

Luffy fought Fodders all his way to the Top, had a little skirmish with Yamato, PageOne and Ulti and taked 2 free shots from Apoo.
That's a lot too.
I'm just talking about the final 1vs1. I don't count everything they did before.
(By your Logic Luffy didn't get a clean 1vs1 since Crocodile I think).
It last for something like 5 hours in the anime. As for the manga I forget how much cahpters those 5min lasts
Luffy literally got help from Sanji and jenbei who babysitted him. Kaido fought 2 sulong Minks, Denjiro, Ashura and other good fighters. Its not comparable at all.

That's not g3 a big slow attack
Yeah it's base Luffy who still hadn't prepare his blow.
That's worse.
Luffy literally got help from Sanji and jenbei who babysitted him. Kaido fought 2 sulong Minks, Denjiro, Ashura and other good fighters. Its not comparable at all.
Sanji and Jimbei took Apoo's explosion for Luffy ?
They fought against Ulti and PO ?
They only fought fodders to let Luffy keep stamina
It's not about how strong they are but how much damage they did considering Luffy and Kaido's durability/endurance

Yeah it's base Luffy who still hadn't prepare his blow.
That's worse.

Sanji and Jimbei took Apoo's explosion for Luffy ?
They fought against Ulti and PO ?
They only fought fodders to let Luffy keep stamina
It's not about how strong they are but how much damage they did considering Luffy and Kaido's durability/endurance
No its about how strong they are. Wtf Kaidi was fighting like 4 to 5 commander level guys and 4 vetern level guys. Getting stab all over. Then got jumped by 5 novas when he told BM not to interfere at the start. Stop the cap bro. Its not comparable at all. You sound crazy

No its about how strong they are. Wtf Kaidi was fighting like 4 to 5 commander level guys and 4 vetern level guys. Getting stab all over. Then got jumped by 5 novas when he told BM not to interfere at the start. Stop the cap bro. Its not comparable at all. You sound crazy
Kaido is a younko he was younko level.
Luffy was inbetweener
If both fought opponents of the same level, it wouldn't make sense.
That's why I said considering their durability, but I agreed SN did much more damage ti Kaido than Luffy took.

If this is about ZKK, then nothing that happened this chapter at all surprised me or means it can’t happen. Here’s a quick collection of all the stuff I’ve said well before the last chapter was released about how I expect things to go down, with the most relevant parts in bold

Ah look, at one point I still cared about Zoro vs King. That was before I thought Oda would give Zoro so much of a fight against Kaido

This is as far as I can tell, the first time I said that ZKK could happen, and only if...

I’m sure there’s more, but my argument has always been that Luffy would take on Kaido one vs one at some point and come out the clear winner. But for Zoro, he was always going to cut down Kaido as a dragon, above the flower capital, so that the legend of Ryuma can get a modern day retelling. And if Kaido is to die- and unlike other villains, there is a very, very good reason to think he is- then that’s a damn good time to do it.

So this last chapter, the only mildly surprising thing for me was that the 1 vs 1 phase has started (comparatively) early and opened back up Zoro vs King.
For the first time, I'm hearing a case for ZKK and not laughing at it. Most people seem to say that Zoro would just be the one to defeat Kaido and not Luffy, and that's completely ridiculous. This idea is completely reasonable. If it's your idea of Kaido admitting defeat and flying away as a dragon to take the people of the capital with him only for Zoro to finish him off in his weaker form to parallel Ryuma, I might actually be on board. This version of ZKK is actually very reasonable and plausible!

H

Herrera95

Zoro is done he is not killing Kaido now. There is absolute no reason to kill Kaido at all. He wants that, why would you fullfill his dream?

*Since I have to add this apparently: These are in relation to Luffy's proclamations against arc villains specifically (i.e. the ones he ends up fighting). I'm sure there are plenty of examples where Luffy is a "liar" otherwise. No need to throw those in the mix because that's not the discussion*

*Since it was also not made clear, I do not care about ZKK or if it happens or not. I'm just a skeptic when it comes to Oda's "tendencies"*

Anyway....

Last discussion I'm having about the topic, ya'll get take it apart or argue as much as you want.

Thread is a question of Oda's writing and tendencies as a writer with Luffy. Hopefully by the end its clear. Lets start at the top:

- Luffy's first proclamation about beating someone. Done.

-Luffy's second proclamation. Done.

-Luffy's 3rd proclamation. Done.

- Luffy's 4th Proclamation. Done.

- Luffy's 5th proclamation. Done.

-Luffy's 6th Proclamation. Done.

- Luffy's 7th Proclamation. Done.

-8th...

9th....

10th...

Shocker

Shocker! No pun intended

- Hopefully some of you are starting to see where I'm going with this.

- Now here's an interesting one. Win or Lose, Sanji and Zoro listened to Luffy when he told them to leave against Aokiji.

- Proclamation #15 so far...

.....zzzzzz

:zosleepy:

:crybeard:

And the trend continues

Man I feel like this is all leading to...something right?

:zosleepy::zosleepy::zosleepy:

We need an "Ace falling asleep in food" emote

Here's a bonus: Law, who had proclaimed he'd kill Doffy the entire arc, leaves it to Luffy.

Welp

Almost done

:josad:

Now if you looked at all that, then we get to the point:

In an effort to take down the latest villain, Luffy makes a totally new, different, striking proclamation that will shatter all expectations!

:usoprice:

:emohiyo:

Little does Luffy know at this point, Kid's got his back on that other front (for the moment)

Here, you guys can have this "generic" proclamation about fighting Kaido. Maybe it includes Zoro, Sanji, and Law.

Maybe this helps, Luffy says "we", gotta mean something right?

His 1v1 sole victory with Kaido isn't being set up right?

Nope, its all pointing to ZKK clearly

Luffy you liar

Its not like you've done this like 40 times before, right? Oda clearly is doing something different, right?

Oh wait:

+1

+2

Hopes this gets my point across. The argument isn't what you think the story is being set up for, the argument is whether or not Oda will follow the same "pattern" or outcome he's always had for Luffy when he writes this way. But in the end, its what you what you want to believe in right? I will die on this hill, gimme that sweet sweet conflict.

Luffy will surpass Kaidou. He is destined to PK, Kaidou wanna be PK. This is like fixed Oda writing stuff.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Kaido's biggest dream is to reach perfection intuitively speaking, that can only be found in death to him. Of course he isn't necessarily consciously aware.