Manga Discussion Series better than One piece

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Death Note, Code Geass and Monster are my personal top 3. They're much shorter than OP though, so the writing is more consistent I guess. Nonetheless imo they are still better. I am halfway through Berserk right now but I see it's great as well. There are others too, but at times OP is there with the rest of them or at times better, but the above 4 for me stand atop it.

Maybe not better in all aspects but better in some aspect:

Gosu. Manhwa. Ongoing. Martial arts theme. Mountain-destroying attacks, full of speed and explosiveness. Backstabbing between martial clans, dark reveal, hallucination as plot device etc.

Bastard. Manhwa finished. 90 chapters or so. Full of twists.

Code Geass. Anime. Finished. Politics and war. Emotional.

Friday forbidden tales. Short stories manhwa. Absurd themes. Extremely good in story reveal. Finished.

Legend of northern blade. Manhwa. Simple art but still good and dramatic. About swordsmen.

The max level hero will return. Overpowered MC but laid-back. Fantasy setting.

How to Fight. About an ordinary boy who learns martial arts technique. Good art of people fighting. Fresh storytelling as well.

The man. Manhwa and webtoon. Office life. Gadget pseudo-history mixed with lil fantasy.

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
Berserk and Hunter x Hunter are two that I'd place above One Piece. Haven't read that much manga though.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
I would only place Dragon Ball above but mine is a subjective vision in that also based off matters such as personal emotions.

Objectively typing I don't find a better configuration than One Piece. And I mean not just by my own judgement, independently from what it would entail

I am losing my interest in OP as of late because of linear and repeated plot.

Are there mangas which has brilliant storyline with wow factor.

The list i read so far:
1.AOT
2.Full metal Alchemist
3.Kingdom (ongoing)

Can you list any other manga that has far better plot and storyline ?
If you haven't finished AOT...

...STOP IT NOW WHILE YOU CAN RRRREEEEEEE

Hm, there is none in the Shounen genre. Not even Dragon Ball.

Some Seinen titles better than OP:

Monster
Fullmetal Alchemist
20th Century Boys

If we're talking HxH, I think the anime is much better than OP, but not the manga.

If we count anime exclusives and/or LN adaptation, I'd name:

Re:Zero
Steins;Gate
Cowboy Bebop

I didn't read/watch AoT, Death Note, and Berserk, so couldn't comment on them. But I heard that the ending to AoT and Death Note is either average or divisive, so I am not certain I will ever start following either of them.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
โ€Ž
I guess AoT and Haikyuu

But this:
Maybe not better in all aspects but better in some aspect
Its hard to compare One Piece because of its length and style. Comparing it to a much shorter series with much less world building, or of a different genre just feels like comparing apples to oranges.